The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity
    How much of an age gap is everyone willing to go?

How much younger and older are you willing to go?

It's more a matter of compatibility than age for me. That being said, most of the women I've dated have been 5 years or less younger than me. The largest age gap was 14 years (she was older).
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Out of curiosity

It's more a matter of compatibility than age for me. That being said, most of the women I've dated have been 5 years or less younger than me. The largest age gap was 14 years (she was older).

Yeah this is me as far as compatibility being the main thing. I have always been in the position of dating younger women just based on the dynamic of my work and who i am in contact with most of the time. I am not very social so I dont actually see many women outside of day to day activities. All this being said, i think dating the 20 somethings are out for me nowadays.....thats just too much of a difference. At almost 50, there has to be some kind of line ;)
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    Out of curiosity

I dated someone who was 8 yrs older. My last gf was 9 yrs younger.

For the most part they've been within 5 yrs of my age
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    Out of curiosity

I Don't Know.

How come ?
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Out of curiosity

I think someone within 5 years of me, would be ideal. But I'd be open to larger age gaps, of they just fit better with me.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Out of curiosity

5 years +/-. I was taking to a guy more than 5 years younger but he wasn't mature enough. I talked to a guy 10 years older & he was a total jerk/jacka$$. I'd rather date a guy no more than 5 years older than me.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    I won’t care much about the age gap.. as age is just a number! Depends if she is mature enough to handle situations.
  • neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    I think this is generally the norm nowadays, you'll see in a number of relationships there is an age gap. I've seen many relationships where there has been a 6 to 10 year age gap
  • jessicagrey27
    jessicagrey27 Posts: 26 Member
    Hey everyone 😊
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    On the age gap question, I'm not sure I care much. I generally have always preferred older women for their intelligence and maturity. But now that I'm in my mid-30's, there are a lot of women younger than me who also fit that description. For me to go 10 years younger is difficult to find a 24-year-old who is mature enough, but such women do exist. More realistically, upper 20's to lower 40's is my age range.
  • jessicagrey27
    jessicagrey27 Posts: 26 Member
    I recently got out of a relationship with someone who was 26 and I am 29, almost 30 years old. Even though the age gap was only 3 years and he was very mature and successful for his age, I constantly found that he wasn’t on the same level as me emotionally and maturity wise. I think this experience taught me that dating someone who is younger then me just isn’t for me!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    I recently got out of a relationship with someone who was 26 and I am 29, almost 30 years old. Even though the age gap was only 3 years and he was very mature and successful for his age, I constantly found that he wasn’t on the same level as me emotionally and maturity wise. I think this experience taught me that dating someone who is younger then me just isn’t for me!

In all fairness, there are people in their 50's and 60's that act like children. Maybe your ex will grow up in time, but maybe he is just an immature kitten. That doesn't mean all younger men are the same, nor that older men are different.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

I think at 29-30 you are at that magical age where you can date a wide range of people and have them meet the criteria of what you are looking for. Id say from mid 20's to 40 there has got to be somoene in there for you. Thats a pretty big pool to choose from, you can be selective and have lots of options i think.
  • vanityy99

In all fairness, there are people in their 50's and 60's that act like children. Maybe your ex will grow up in time, but maybe he is just an immature kitten. That doesn't mean all younger men are the same, nor that older men are different.

I work with people 25+ years older than me and guys around my age...I can’t tell the difference between them other then the fact that the older guys work without crying.
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member

I work with people 25+ years older than me and guys around my age...I can’t tell the difference between them other then the fact that the older guys work without crying.

Dis me B)
  • vanityy99

He’s already 26 aren’t people already set in their ways by then?
    Everyone has time to grow but I mean for the most part by 26 we know right from wrong right?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner

He’s already 26 aren’t people already set in their ways by then?
    Everyone has time to grow but I mean for the most part by 26 we know right from wrong right?

It's not about knowing right from wrong. I can honestly say I'm a better communicator than I was a year ago. I think most of us continue to grow over time. In fact, I guarantee there are some people who would have looked at me only a year or 2 ago and said that I was immature based their perception - which came from how I communicated. It doesn't matter that I was ahead of my peers right out of high school, managing on my own 2 weeks after graduation, and went on to become student government president in college. I had a FT professional job and professional licences before I was old enough to legally drink. Still, in some circumstances in particular, I have done poorly communicating even in my 30's. To some people's perspective (I can think of a couple of people specifically), they would say I was immature. I still know one of those people and would like to believe that she agrees that I'm better now than I was 2 years ago. I absolutely think someone as old as 26 can make improvements in 2 or 3 years because I've made big improvements in the past 2-3 years even in my 30's.

Now if we are talking about whether one realizes it is improper to steal, for example, that is an entirely different conversation. Maturity is not about right vs. wrong... it's far more gray than that.
  • IwillLOSE40kg
    IwillLOSE40kg Posts: 317 Member
    tinak33 wrote: »
    My gf broke up with me like 2 weeks ago, right before all the shiit hit the fan.

She prolly had the corona..... 😬🤷‍♀️

Hope not. As upset as I am, I don't wish that on her.

A decent guy right there