Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• NotSoFat70NotSoFat70 Member Posts: 289 Member Member Posts: 289 Member
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    People who give a long winded response to a yes or no question. I didn't ask you to recite the Unibombers' Manifesto ,a simple yes or no will suffice

< Raises hand > Guilty.

I do it sometimes as I feel the need to explain my answer before I answer.

I think it comes from raising younger siblings & giving reasons as to why they needed to do something, so they'd understand & not feel I was just being bossy. Yep, I'm not blaming mom & dad for my bad habits... I'm blaming siblings... the little ones.

Sorry, I meant, yes.

😅
  • IwillLOSE40kgIwillLOSE40kg Member Posts: 317 Member Member Posts: 317 Member
    People who judge without knowing the storey behind it
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,469 Member Member Posts: 2,469 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Farmers market negotiators 🙄

Hey they work their tail off and business is sure to dip this coming year..... if you want a bulk deal, that's fine..... but don't haggle over 3 *kitten* apples. Jesus.

I'd never ask someone, to negotiate their prices. If I am unwilling to pay it, then I don't purchase it. I'll walk away & won't even hint why.

Ah, so I'm not the only one. :lol:

Really?

What if it's a high ticket item where negotiation is expected?

Would you pay the asking price on a car ? ..... A house ?

If others do what I do, that's the negotiation. They'll either lower the price, without someone asking or hinting directly, for them to do so or they'll choose, not to sell it.

So you pay asking price ?

..... or just not buy it ?

That's okay; that's your prerogative.

I always counter offer on something that's a high ticket item.

Obviously, this approach is only used for very few purchased items.

The last time I did this it was for a nice watch. I asked & the salesman & he punched up his calculator and said to me: "Yeah, sure, I can do that." Just asking saved a couple of hundred dollars.

Remember, if you don't ask.... the answer is always 'no'.

Yeh but you can't compare apples and cars, apples and watches. Or is that apples and oranges?
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,469 Member Member Posts: 2,469 Member
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    People who give a long winded response to a yes or no question. I didn't ask you to recite the Unibombers' Manifesto ,a simple yes or no will suffice

Oh yes. And I find that a lot with some posters. I admit embarrassingly, that I don't read those long-*kitten* replies. :( Which is why I end up asking questions that have already been asked/answered, in depth. :)

AND my dh. My eyes just glaze over and I nod my head like a bobble head doll. Then dh will ask me a question about it later and I'll go 'you never told me that'. Oops. He accuses me of never listening to him. Guess he's right. :blush:
  • TarryTaffyTwoTarryTaffyTwo Member Posts: 448 Member Member Posts: 448 Member
    ATM, my upstairs neighbor with the weak bladder, who has to bang heels across the floor from 1-5am, every hour on the hour, every single day, right over my head... then wakes up at 5:45am each day, to drop heavy objects & open/close heavy dresser drawers multiple times. I don't know what some of the loud bangs on the floor are... at first I though wheelchair or walker, but I hear her walk quickly & heavily on her heels, so I don't think so.

I bought a big box fan to turn on at night to drown out her footsteps (but I dislike constant, loud racket for hours... the fan alone sometimes makes me irritable & I wake up feeling exhausted with ringing ears). Being woken up 5+ times/night eventually gives me a headache... so much so that I've had to take OTC pain reliever at 3am on several days.

It may not be all her fault (maybe I'd have a headache anyway... I don't know), but being caged inside is making me irritable & wanting to screech out loud for her to pick up her feet & shut up in the wee hours.

I'm getting to the point of wanting to leave a note, although, I don't know what good it would do... if they have to use the bathroom every hour, they've gotta go... & if they walk heavily on their heels... well, unfortunately, a lot of people do. When I've left notes in the past in other apt complexes I've lived in, it's always made it worse, cuz the tenant got mad... so I'm wondering if I should just... whatever... learn to live with it.

One thing I've learned with people... loud people don't think they're loud, cuz they've always been so. Same with everything... rude people don't think they're rude, not bright people don't think they're not smart...

I'm cranky today.
  • tinak33tinak33 Member Posts: 9,886 Member Member Posts: 9,886 Member
    ATM, my upstairs neighbor with the weak bladder, who has to bang heels across the floor from 1-5am, every hour on the hour, every single day, right over my head... then wakes up at 5:45am each day, to drop heavy objects & open/close heavy dresser drawers multiple times. I don't know what some of the loud bangs on the floor are... at first I though wheelchair or walker, but I hear her walk quickly & heavily on her heels, so I don't think so.

I bought a big box fan to turn on at night to drown out her footsteps (but I dislike constant, loud racket for hours... the fan alone sometimes makes me irritable & I wake up feeling exhausted with ringing ears). Being woken up 5+ times/night eventually gives me a headache... so much so that I've had to take OTC pain reliever at 3am on several days.

It may not be all her fault (maybe I'd have a headache anyway... I don't know), but being caged inside is making me irritable & wanting to screech out loud for her to pick up her feet & shut up in the wee hours.

I'm getting to the point of wanting to leave a note, although, I don't know what good it would do... if they have to use the bathroom every hour, they've gotta go... & if they walk heavily on their heels... well, unfortunately, a lot of people do. When I've left notes in the past in other apt complexes I've lived in, it's always made it worse, cuz the tenant got mad... so I'm wondering if I should just... whatever... learn to live with it.

One thing I've learned with people... loud people don't think they're loud, cuz they've always been so. Same with everything... rude people don't think they're rude, not bright people don't think they're not smart...

I'm cranky today.

I would suggest ear plugs, but I find those to be worse cuz then I am actively TRYING to hear things...... also, they tend to fall out when I am sleeping..... and hurt my ears after a while.....
    I used to use those cuz my ex would snore so loud I couldn't sleep.

And yeah, some people just walk heavy. I have always been really aware of my footfalls and keeping them light. Not sure why, as no one has ever commented on me ever walking heavy..... 🤷‍♀️

Maybe its the place you live in. They just have thin walls and stuff. Not much in the way of sound proofing....
    But yeah, that would irritate me to no end,
    also ......
    tinak33 wrote: »

I'm cranky today.

I would suggest ear plugs, but I find those to be worse cuz then I am actively TRYING to hear things...... also, they tend to fall out when I am sleeping..... and hurt my ears after a while.....

And yeah, some people just walk heavy. I have always been really aware of my footfalls and keeping them light. Not sure why, as no one has ever commented on me ever walking heavy..... 🤷‍♀️

Maybe its the place you live in. They just have thin walls and stuff. Not much in the way of sound proofing....
    also ......

Thanks for your reply. I'm a side sleeper, so I can't wear earplugs. But, I also live alone so wouldn't feel comfortable blocking out all sound... like you, I want to hear things if they're out of the ordinary.

It's a brand new apt complex & the walls are pretty sturdy. I hear nothing from anyone around me... not even a TV, a barking dog (everyone but me seems to have multiple dogs here) or the pile of small kids who live in 2 of the apts next to & across from me... just the upstairs neighbor. The noise is due to hardwood/ceramic floors... & someone who walks on her heels & drops heavy things onto the floor a lot... I don't know what that's all about.

I can take Melatonen, cuz it does allow me to sleep through noise for a full 5-hrs & I wake up physically refreshed... but, it gives me horrendous dreams 100% of the time, so I also wake up feeling mentally distressed. Still, I may give it a go tonight. She's woken me up for 3-days making more noise than usual... I pounded on the wall at 6am after a chair or something was dropped over my head, twice, but I don't think she knows that's meant for her... it's now 11am & she's been banging/moving/dragging something regularly since 6am.

Loud people don't think they're loud, cuz they've always been loud. But, I just realized that with our current lockdown, I probably shouldn't be leaving a note at her door... I'll have to ask the office to email her. It's been going on for 3-mos, so I probably should do something now. It's beginning to wear on me.
  • OpheliaCooterOpheliaCooter Member Posts: 337 Member Member Posts: 337 Member
    nypcd30xicau.jpeg

I wonder if this all over the ceiling would help.
  • cuminaveeruscuminaveerus Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    This whole corona virus thing is really peevin me
  • tinak33tinak33 Member Posts: 9,886 Member Member Posts: 9,886 Member

I'm cranky today.

also ......

Thanks for your reply. I'm a side sleeper, so I can't wear earplugs. But, I also live alone so wouldn't feel comfortable blocking out all sound... like you, I want to hear things if they're out of the ordinary.

It's a brand new apt complex & the walls are pretty sturdy. I hear nothing from anyone around me... not even a TV, a barking dog (everyone but me seems to have multiple dogs here) or the pile of small kids who live in 2 of the apts next to & across from me... just the upstairs neighbor. The noise is due to hardwood/ceramic floors... & someone who walks on her heels & drops heavy things onto the floor a lot... I don't know what that's all about.

I can take Melatonen, cuz it does allow me to sleep through noise for a full 5-hrs & I wake up physically refreshed... but, it gives me horrendous dreams 100% of the time, so I also wake up feeling mentally distressed. Still, I may give it a go tonight. She's woken me up for 3-days making more noise than usual... I pounded on the wall at 6am after a chair or something was dropped over my head, twice, but I don't think she knows that's meant for her... it's now 11am & she's been banging/moving/dragging something regularly since 6am.

Loud people don't think they're loud, cuz they've always been loud. But, I just realized that with our current lockdown, I probably shouldn't be leaving a note at her door... I'll have to ask the office to email her. It's been going on for 3-mos, so I probably should do something now. It's beginning to wear on me.

I kinda think thats rude. I mean, in an apt complex, you have neighbors. Ones above and below and next door can hear you if you are loud. I always thought that was common sense....?
    So wouldn't it be common courtesy to not do loud things between certain hours???

When I moved into any apartment (I moved a lot when I was younger) I was all about setting up, and putting things on the walls was the last thing I did. But I stopped at 9pm and didn't start again until 9am (if on a weekend, after work on weekdays). I didn't want to disturb the neighbors with banging on the walls.
    Is this kind of courtesy no long practiced? Or just completely lost on certain people?!

Maybe filing a noise complaint with the office is a good thing..... but yeah, definitely don't say anything to your neighbors yourself. Let the office handle it.
    Noise during the day is one thing. But all night every night is unacceptable.
    Hugs sweetie. Hope you get decent rest soon. 💕
    nypcd30xicau.jpeg

I wonder if this all over the ceiling would help.

:smile: Lol. I see my security deposit slipping away. I can't make modifications to the apt... I'm a renter.

What would help is having the rental office tell her to be mindful of dropping heavy articles on the floor, banging dresser drawers, etc., at 5:45am, every single day, over my head for hours. I'll write them tomorrow... I'm too cranky today.

I'm cranky today.

also ......

I kinda think thats rude. I mean, in an apt complex, you have neighbors. Ones above and below and next door can hear you if you are loud. I always thought that was common sense....?
    So wouldn't it be common courtesy to not do loud things between certain hours???

When I moved into any apartment (I moved a lot when I was younger) I was all about setting up, and putting things on the walls was the last thing I did. But I stopped at 9pm and didn't start again until 9am (if on a weekend, after work on weekdays). I didn't want to disturb the neighbors with banging on the walls.
    Is this kind of courtesy no long practiced? Or just completely lost on certain people?!

Maybe filing a noise complaint with the office is a good thing..... but yeah, definitely don't say anything to your neighbors yourself. Let the office handle it.
    Noise during the day is one thing. But all night every night is unacceptable.
    Hugs sweetie. Hope you get decent rest soon. 💕

Thank you, kindly. I'll be fine after a Melatonin sleep tonight. :smile:

I'm a lifelong renter & always live in large complexes with 500 or so apts. I've always encountered noisy neighbors. At least it's not fighting, screaming kids, loud TVs, etc. I guess that's why I tolerated it for so long, cuz she's just a heavy walker. But, the dropping & banging has got to stop early hours.

In fact, it's now 12:30pm... it sounds like she's dragging furniture from room to room all day. It's odd. I can deal with it... don't like it, because my house is as quiet as a tomb... but, the wee hours of the morning noise has got to stop.

I'll email the office tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted. :smile:
  • JustaJoe00JustaJoe00 Member Posts: 752 Member Member Posts: 752 Member
    "Here's that for you". That's what everyone says when they are serving you something now at restaurants. It would just be nicer if they said, "here's your turkey sandwich". Thank you.
  • Bry_Fitness70Bry_Fitness70 Member Posts: 2,484 Member Member Posts: 2,484 Member
    People without kids who are bemoaning their horrible fate at being quarantined. It is exponentially worse having to work full time at home while figuring out how to home school and entertain them in seclusion.

Taking long naps, catching up on my reading, and binge-watching Netflix for a few months would be amazing, but it isn't in the cards.

Being isolated from real human contact is not as great as it sounds after a while. It sounds good at first.
    Assuming you like your family, at least you have them to see and hug and talk to face-to-face.
    Can we just agree that it all sucks in different ways, no matter what your family situation?
    No one is having fun here.

I agree, we are all being inconvenienced. It is just when I hear "I can't take this anymore!'" from the childless couple having to sit home for a few weeks in their climate-controlled 2,500 sq ft home with wifi in the suburbs and groceries delivered to their porch on demand, I wonder how they would cope with responsibilities beyond keeping themselves occupied.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxXXxFunctionalStrengthxX Member, Premium Posts: 2,311 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,311 Member
    People without kids who are bemoaning their horrible fate at being quarantined. It is exponentially worse having to work full time at home while figuring out how to home school and entertain them in seclusion.

Taking long naps, catching up on my reading, and binge-watching Netflix for a few months would be amazing, but it isn't in the cards.

Being isolated from real human contact is not as great as it sounds after a while. It sounds good at first.
    Assuming you like your family, at least you have them to see and hug and talk to face-to-face.
    Can we just agree that it all sucks in different ways, no matter what your family situation?
    No one is having fun here.

I agree, we are all being inconvenienced. It is just when I hear "I can't take this anymore!'" from the childless couple having to sit home for a few weeks in their climate-controlled 2,500 sq ft home with wifi in the suburbs and groceries delivered to their porch on demand, I wonder how they would cope with responsibilities beyond keeping themselves occupied.

It might be the very distraction they would need. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have two kids and im watching two other kids and i joke that I’m ready to hurl them all into orbit but honestly, if i didn’t have them around all day to keep us somewhat task-oriented, I’d lose my mind. Also sometimes I even like them

those poor kids :lol:

As someone who lives alone, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I am lucky to be able to work from home, and I have a lot of hobbies to keep me busy. But, I honestly don't have a lot of free time to do the things I want. Add to it, not having human contact on a daily basis really kind of sucks.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,196 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,196 Member
    I keep seeing the commercial for a new series on TBS called Snowpiercer, I think there was a movie a while back.

Anyway it SUCKS!

I don’t want or need any more depressing garbage to watch.
    Aren’t things depressing enough without watching apocalyptic crap.
    🤬