UPDATED GOALS NOT SHOWING - SOLVED

HELLO I recently had a problem updating my goals in the diary, even though it had my new nutrient goals showing in the settings. I tried updating and syncing, logging in and out, and even using the website. nothing worked no matter how many times i tried to make my goals update to show in the diary, it would just show random numbers (not even what i had previously) - i also was not counting exercise. After reading i saw this was a problem for many other users, and i literally just happened to be playing around in the app and something worked. i hope at least one person sees this and is helped by it & goodluck to everyone working on their health!!!!!

so here is what i did!
(i am using an iOS app on my iphone)

when viewing my diary, i clicked the ribbon tab that displays my remaining nutrients for the day.
this brought me to a breakdown of all the other nutrients i have remaining. click on a macronutrient (or one that is displayed in your immediate diary). i clicked protein. then it brings you to a page that shows how much of that specific nutrient you have for the day. there is a number in blue that shows your total goal for the day. click on the blue number and it will redirect you to a page where you can manually enter your nutrient goals (i had seen this page 8 times already but this time the new numbers i wanted werent there) so i just re-entered the goals for the millionth time and when it updated it finally showed in my diary after clicking the back arrows to bring me back to where i was. i dont know if i got lucky but hopefully this works for someone else. if you need a better explanation or photos to help guide let me know.

Replies

• nunezs1007
    nunezs1007 Posts: 1 Member
    Didn’t work for me
  • roriea
    roriea Posts: 1 Member
    Worked for me. Very easy. Thank you!
  • Crishap
    Crishap Posts: 1 Member
    I thought I was going crazy! This totally worked for me. Thank you so much!!
  • FrancesZF1
    FrancesZF1 Posts: 1 Member
    This didn’t work for me but I discovered an alternative solution to show updated goals - fast forward the date in your phone setting by one day; go to MPL, which would still show your old calories, and set your new calories goals again; lastly, revert your date back. Hope this helps!
  • mystblack1605
    mystblack1605 Posts: 1 Member
    totally not working. numbers matched until sunday then not. now nothing i do works. website is wrong too
  • jacqtaylor1
    jacqtaylor1 Posts: 2 Member
    I am having the same issue now. Worked yesterday, now numbers are all out of wack today. The idea above didn't work for me. Anyone else find a solutions? Or, is there a support email?
  • Sam_Khadra
    Sam_Khadra Posts: 1 Member
    I just had this issue today. I contacted support, being a premium member I expected instant feedback. Nothing so far. I had to google this which go me here.

I tried all the solutions above but nothing worked;

what did work, however, is setting the time one day forward, updating the goal in MFP, then fixing the date back again.

It worked. But they must address this bug ASAP. Apparently, it's been going on for four years now, that's just embarrassing. I hope this helps whoever falls victim to this next.
  • hamiltcm
    hamiltcm Posts: 1 Member
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and it worked
  • zheinlein
    zheinlein Posts: 1 Member
    I reinstalled the app, didn't work, I also tried the date fast forward and that didn't work either.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sam_Khadra wrote: »
    I just had this issue today. I contacted support, being a premium member I expected instant feedback. Nothing so far. I had to google this which go me here.

I tried all the solutions above but nothing worked;

what did work, however, is setting the time one day forward, updating the goal in MFP, then fixing the date back again.

It worked. But they must address this bug ASAP. Apparently, it's been going on for four years now, that's just embarrassing. I hope this helps whoever falls victim to this next.

LMAO dude the app has been buggy like this for closer to 10 years, possibly 15. Maybe our new corporate overlords will give half a rat's keister about providing the service, but UnderArmour sure didn't and the site's founders are long gone.
  • ashtonewomack
    ashtonewomack Posts: 1 Member
    I FINALLY figured it out. I have been pissed off all night trying to figure out how to update it! I tried EVERYTHING. Finally, I found that if you go on your diary for the day and go to “meal goals” the default calorie / macro goals will appear again. The info shown is different then what my default settings were changed to. I changed the settings on this new page and it finally worked!
  • pamelasamuelsyoung
    pamelasamuelsyoung Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve tried everything suggested in this forum and nothing worked. Very frustrating!
  • tayasmithh
    tayasmithh Posts: 1 Member
    Just had this issue and literally tried EVERYTHING to fix but nothing worked. Contacted their support team and finally found a solution.

First, uninstall the app, then log in online (I used a computer) at www.MyFitnessPal.com and change your goals, after you have changed your goals online, can you then reinstall the app. Worked like a charm.
  • mstruzak
    mstruzak Posts: 1 Member
    While trying all the tricks listed above, short of uninstall/reinstall, I confirmed that all my configured goal numbers always matched, no matter how or where (app or web) I reached the configuration screen; only the stats screen would measure everything against old goals. I then realized that the setting change was date-specific, i.e., it only applied to dates after the change was made. My stats open in Week View, which on the day of the change showed the old values; showing next week (or switching to Day View & looking at tomorrow) displayed the new goal values.

Hope this helps someone...
  • chris0rtega
    chris0rtega Posts: 1 Member
    Im really annoyed, myfitnesspal keeps using the default macro ratio (50% carb, 30% Fats, 20% Protein) when when I edit the next days of my diary it says the correct macro, but on the diary it’s still the default macro grams . I don’t know what to do now
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    I'm having this exact problem, I've tried all the tricks above and none have worked. If I click on tomorrow date, it's correct...just never today...which is when I eat...the present. Ugh
  • Mish0071
    Mish0071 Posts: 2 Member
    Found the answer. Hours later. Under goals, turn off exercise calories. This "decides" whether to adjust daily goals when you exercise.

Hope this helps someone!
  • Mish0071
    Mish0071 Posts: 2 Member
    I am having the same issue now. Worked yesterday, now numbers are all out of wack today. The idea above didn't work for me. Anyone else find a solutions? Or, is there a support email?

Yes, under GOALS, turn off Exercise Calories. So it doesn't decide to adjust daily goals when you exercise. Problem solved.
  • allanereyes
    allanereyes Posts: 1 Member
    MyFitnessPal really doesnt care!!! I have had this problem for the longest time and i remember coming here and they told me to turn off excersize calories and it worked. But now MFP is making you pay to turn it off. that is slowly killing everyones goals and it sucks!!! FIX THE APP
  • Finnegan3057
    Finnegan3057 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2023
    Why would I pay for a premium account when the goals do not work in a standard account? The entire app is useless if the macro goal section is inaccurate.