Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• Tigg_erTigg_er Member Posts: 17,974 Member Member Posts: 17,974 Member
    boob sweat

Noooooo Problem :)
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,892 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,892 Member
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    boob sweat

Noooooo Problem :)

Talk, talk, talk,
    get your *** down here!
    Lolooooooo 😉😀
  • GettinLean19GettinLean19 Member Posts: 452 Member Member Posts: 452 Member
    People without kids who are bemoaning their horrible fate at being quarantined. It is exponentially worse having to work full time at home while figuring out how to home school and entertain them in seclusion.

Taking long naps, catching up on my reading, and binge-watching Netflix for a few months would be amazing, but it isn't in the cards.

Being isolated from real human contact is not as great as it sounds after a while. It sounds good at first.
    Assuming you like your family, at least you have them to see and hug and talk to face-to-face.
    Can we just agree that it all sucks in different ways, no matter what your family situation?
    No one is having fun here.

I agree, we are all being inconvenienced. It is just when I hear "I can't take this anymore!'" from the childless couple having to sit home for a few weeks in their climate-controlled 2,500 sq ft home with wifi in the suburbs and groceries delivered to their porch on demand, I wonder how they would cope with responsibilities beyond keeping themselves occupied.

It might be the very distraction they would need. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have two kids and im watching two other kids and i joke that I’m ready to hurl them all into orbit but honestly, if i didn’t have them around all day to keep us somewhat task-oriented, I’d lose my mind. Also sometimes I even like them

I have two extremely active and social elementary age boys who pivoted overnight from being nonstop busy to being confined to the house. We just aren't built to be a stay inside family and they have serious cabin fever. Both parents work full time at home and we can't serve as activity planners all day.

Outside options are limited because it has either been cold and drizzly or when it is sunny, most of the parents send their kids out to play all day without considering social distancing (which is sad), so my kids are frustrated that their mean parents won't let them join the kids 3 doors down whose parents don't give a *kitten* about them being exposed to the virus. So when they are outside it is in our backyard, and it feels like it is that hour that prisoners get each day out in the yard at the federal penitentiary, lol. Fun times.

There have been a lot of great moments, we have spent a lot of time together and had some laughs, but every day presents a new challenge. Pre-kids, it would have been a completely different world.

Oh trust me, i 100% feel you 😅. I didn’t mean to invalidate how you were feeling in your situation. We went from activities and basketball season and nights at the family gym to this. That’s why having additional kids keeps me sane I think. In a lot of ways, 4 is easier than 2. They entertain each other a lot.

And I don’t have a full time job. Well I do, but i dont have set office hours. I just do the work as needed, and my busy season just ended. Earlier today I was so thankful for that because trying to work and stay on top of four kids would be ENDLESSLY frustrating

Hope it gets better for you guys soon.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,167 Member Member Posts: 2,167 Member
    So...I'm sitting here at the table, dh is right beside me doing his own thing. He's sniffling all over the place, wiping his nose constantly, eating, dragging his arm across his face.....somebody save me. Ok, good, he just went to the sink and held his hands under running water for 10 seconds, no soap. :/ I feel like I need to stay outdoors until October, camp out back from now on, or wrap myself in saran wrap forever. :( How do you tell a grown man to PLEASE wash your hands after you blow your nose, and use soap!! And blowing his nose again.............:(

I feel terrible for saying this but I am so grossed out at the moment. And if I say anything, I'm nagging. :(
  • PlentyofProtein00PlentyofProtein00 Member Posts: 1,767 Member Member Posts: 1,767 Member
    "New norm" this phrase irks me...not sure why...maybe it's over use. Just does
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,892 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,892 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    So...I'm sitting here at the table, dh is right beside me doing his own thing. He's sniffling all over the place, wiping his nose constantly, eating, dragging his arm across his face.....somebody save me. Ok, good, he just went to the sink and held his hands under running water for 10 seconds, no soap. :/ I feel like I need to stay outdoors until October, camp out back from now on, or wrap myself in saran wrap forever. :( How do you tell a grown man to PLEASE wash your hands after you blow your nose, and use soap!! And blowing his nose again.............:(

I feel terrible for saying this but I am so grossed out at the moment. And if I say anything, I'm nagging. :(

I’m so sorry!
    Tell him that it’s the law and he has to use soap! Lol
  • tinak33tinak33 Member Posts: 9,887 Member Member Posts: 9,887 Member
    My mom keeps coughing and sneezing into her hands. Drives me NUTS. Even though I mention coughing into her arm or whatever..... nope. Even my 3 yr old coughs and snewzes into her arm or elbow! And makes a comment that she did it right! My mother still...... into her hands. Then wipes them on her pants if she feels she needs to. Dad does it, too. (She has allergies)
    I have become a worse germaphobe than before. It bugged me before, but now, I just can't even look or hear it.

Ew.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,131 Member Member Posts: 3,131 Member
    tinak33 wrote: »
    My mom keeps coughing and sneezing into her hands. Drives me NUTS. Even though I mention coughing into her arm or whatever..... nope. Even my 3 yr old coughs and snewzes into her arm or elbow! And makes a comment that she did it right! My mother still...... into her hands. Then wipes them on her pants if she feels she needs to. Dad does it, too. (She has allergies)
    I have become a worse germaphobe than before. It bugged me before, but now, I just can't even look or hear it.

Ew.

I need to be a hermit
  • tinak33tinak33 Member Posts: 9,887 Member Member Posts: 9,887 Member

Ew.

I need to be a hermit

I will move in next door.....
    I have like 6 hand soaps in stock, multiple hand sanitzers, etc...... always have. This is my normal stock. Lol
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,167 Member Member Posts: 2,167 Member

Ew.

I'm sorry but glad I'm not alone in this. :(
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 246,976 Member Member Posts: 246,976 Member
    Obvious double standards. 😒
  • GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Member Posts: 1,243 Member Member Posts: 1,243 Member
    Glass houses that may or may not have children.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 246,976 Member Member Posts: 246,976 Member
    I thought of a thing. It drives me nuts when i’m talking to someone who simply MUST remember a person’s name they forgot or the correct date something happened before they can continue with their story. NOBODY CARES IF IT WAS ON A TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY IT WAS FIFTEEN YEARS AGO BRENDA

My mother does this 😔
    Also, it takes her 20 minutes to tell me she did something because she has to start right from when she got up, took a shower, what she wore, who she met on the way.. etc etc etc.. drives me nuts.
  • GettinLean19GettinLean19 Member Posts: 452 Member Member Posts: 452 Member
    I thought of a thing. It drives me nuts when i’m talking to someone who simply MUST remember a person’s name they forgot or the correct date something happened before they can continue with their story. NOBODY CARES IF IT WAS ON A TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY IT WAS FIFTEEN YEARS AGO BRENDA

My mother does this 😔
    Also, it takes her 20 minutes to tell me she did something because she has to start right from when she got up, took a shower, what she wore, who she met on the way.. etc etc etc.. drives me nuts.

We used to tease my sister mercilessly because no matter what story she told us at the dinner table growing up, she had to first tell us everyone who was there and where they were sitting 😩
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,890 Member Member Posts: 17,890 Member

My mother does this 😔

Have you ever called your mother on the telephone just to say "hi"

..... and fifteen minutes later, you're still waiting to just say "hi" ?
    Motorsheen wrote: »

My mother does this 😔

Have you ever called your mother on the telephone just to say "hi"

..... and fifteen minutes later, you're still waiting to just say "hi" ?

I'm lucky to get 2 words in per half hour..
    I just mmhmm a lot now 😆
    teeny tiny ants in the kitchen.....................
    Flies!!! Bloody flies 😠
  • that_night_in_paristhat_night_in_paris Member Posts: 457 Member Member Posts: 457 Member
    People that still call into radio stations to ask some stupid question that would've taken 5 seconds to google

And then you have to listen to their mundane back and forth that leads into the next song

How about both of you shut your mouths so the listeners who still listen to the radio can enjoy the damn songs. It's not the 1990s anymore. Stop calling radio stations asking when the next lynard skynard giveaway raffle is. Ponytailed jabronis.