WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
Sometimes life is just putting one foot in front of the other.

:) We may need each other even more this month than we have in the past. I hope we will all continue to pursue our goals of weight loss, health, and fitness in spite of the current world wide crisis.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome.

:) This has been a safe place to share and to receive support and encouragement.

:) Don't forget to bookmark this thread so you can find us again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or a nickname and a location (general or specific).

Once again my plans are the same:
*plan, weigh, and measure meals
*eight glasses of water a day
*average 13,000 steps a day
*ride my exercise bike at least an hour a day
*check in with this thread daily
*meditate daily
*reach out to someone outside my household daily
*don't take things personally

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My word for 2020 is "flexible".

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,047 Member
    ❤️🌷❤️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Barbie - Thank you for starting us off fresh yet again this month!

Okie
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    >:)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,286 Member
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Here ✅
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Thanks Barbie!

goals:
    Keep using the schedule I made for myself it is really helping me mentally and I get many of things done that I want to accomplish and helps me stay positive.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Thank you Luci I confirmed your request.
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Sorry...forgot to say my day improved just seeing little Iris with DH. We had a nice day, although I was very tired. Will rest better tonight and have an easier day tomorrow. Also, got some dancing in for Baby. She giggled and smiled the whole time. Wednesday nights are dinner with our son and his wife, so they are always special. Their way of showing they appreciate us watching her (and nice for me because it gives me the night off of cooking).

Luci
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Did Tracy Long Longevity Series Leaning Out DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Tracy Long Longevity Series Staying Power DVD

Tracy – you’re kidding??? People are leaving their masks in carts??? That sounds stupid. You can also get the virus in the parking lot. Some people just don’t think. Whenever I see a person wearing a mask, I now think “you don’t know, maybe they have a compromised immune system. You never know what’s happening with someone” Admitted, there are people who really don’t need them, but then again there are

I was reading an article about which businesses are allowed to stay open. My opinion is that all restaurants should be required to close. If you want a pizza, buy one at the grocery store and put it in your oven. If for some reason you can’t cook, don’t you have a neighbor? Sign up for Meals on Wheels. How are ABC stores essential? Find other ways to get thru this. Are farmer’s markets really essential? Don’t grocery stores sell fruits and veges? I guess I’m just feeling sorry for the lady across the street whose husband can’t come home and doesn’t know when he’ll be allowed to. She’s really trying to keep an upper chin. I didn’t realize that he signed up for 2 more years.

Well, Vince cleaned the filters for the pool and it ran for 3 hours (which is a definite improvement from before they were cleaned). So I think he’s planning to replace those filters with brand new ones.

Luci – I, too, look forward to reading things that are going on in people’s lives. That’s one good thing about this stay at home order. I know that I read the posts more carefully. I predict the stock market will bounce back. We’re just sitting tight, too. For the wasps, I got one of those WHY traps at Lowes Hardware last year. I read on the internet that apple juice is a good attractant. That the one that comes with the trap doesn’t work. I can tell you that last year it did catch a lot of wasps. I’m thinking now with the warmer weather maybe I’ll try going for walks. It’s just getting motivated to do it but once I get in the habit, then it works for me

Cleaned the grates from my oven yesterday. Not that they needed it. But I am hoping that since I did it now, I won’t have to do it in the fall. It’s drizzling today and colder, so the plan is to wash the windows on the inside Like I said, we are going to have the cleanest house in NC….lol We even have clean shelves in the garage!

Why is WalMart brand of mixed fruit 30 calories more than Aldi’s? See, I told you I was bored. For the same amount (1 cup each)

Did today's goal -- got all the windows inside washed. I think the tops of some of the windows haven't been done since we moved here. Got out the ladder and all. Also polished the furniture -- not that there's much that needs to be waxed. The goal for tomorrow is to do all the dusting. Not sure how I'm going to get the tops of some things. Well, we'll find out tomorrow. Vince needs to go to the post office and then WalMart for some more pool salt

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,436 Member
    edited April 2020
    stats for the day march 31st:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 1hr 4min, 33sec, 145mhr, 12.3amph, 13.23mi= 510c
    apple watch- 482c
    walk sta 2 wrk- 5.09min, 10.07min mi, 145mhr, .50mi= 56c
    apple watch- 59c
    Jog, wrk 2 sta, windy- 4.24min, 149mhr, 9.24min mi, .46mi= 78c
    apple watch- 74c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm, windy 12.9mph winds!!- 19.44min, 8amph, 149mhr, 2.64mi= 193c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 837
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    edited April 2020
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracy – you’re kidding??? People are leaving their masks in carts??? That sounds stupid. You can also get the virus in the parking lot.

How?

exermom wrote: »
    I was reading an article about which businesses are allowed to stay open. My opinion is that all restaurants should be required to close. If you want a pizza, buy one at the grocery store and put it in your oven. If for some reason you can’t cook, don’t you have a neighbor? Sign up for Meals on Wheels. How are ABC stores essential? Find other ways to get thru this. Are farmer’s markets really essential? Don’t grocery stores sell fruits and veges?

Right now I'm more inclined to go to a farmer's market for fruit and veg than a grocery store. At least a farmer's market is out in the open, spread out, not well attended (not like a grocery store), and fewer people are likely to have handled things.

These are the places that are closed here in Tassie:

https://www.themercury.com.au/news/coronavirus/what-businesses-should-be-open-what-businesses-should-be-closed/news-story/92b57fb8789b916fae4c50945da9ba81

They are trying to keep as many businesses open as possible for the economy's sake ... but without causing harm. So, for example, restaurants here are open for take-away and sometimes delivery.

Neighbours are not allowed to come over ... only family members who live together are allowed in a primary residence.

With North Carolina's new restrictions, is going out to Walmart advised?
    https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/EO121-Stay-at-Home-Order-3.pdf

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Barbie Thanks for the April thread!

Karen in Virginia
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    edited April 2020
    Barbie, thank you for being our fearless leader, and starting us on the right foot each and every month. I'm the one that's skipping because I am off a step.😃😂😂
    April's goals:
    -continue in my OMAD journey 20/4
    -drink my pitcher of water every day
    -Take my vitamins
    -in bed by 8:30/9:00 every night
    -Take daily walks
    -count my blessings.💖

I miss attending our on base gym. That's a sentence I thought I would never say. But I truly do.
    Hugs my friends!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Had my Tupperware ready
    Made my stew meat in frying pan lid on y pan spray until it was browned with no liquids
    Added can corn with the sweet water in it y drained Blk beans tossed in.
    Microwave 6-9minutes potatoes cut them up
    Pot on stove carrots boiled tossed juicy water y them in.
    Fajita seasoning packet
    Stirred pit lid on ready for tomorrow 6 small servings.

My Aunt left this world knowing she didn’t have it or infect her Daughter so she left without worries.

Machka- It looks like Walmart for groceries not TVs to clothes. They don’t want consumerism shopping only foods! If you have to grab a onesie for a newborn that’s different but it’s not time to go bathing suit shopping to looking for nail polish 💅
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,578 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Happy April!!!