What are your staple meals?

13»

Replies

• DevonKaroline
    DevonKaroline Posts: 19 Member
    Some go-to meals:

Breakfast:

1) Smoothie: Unsweetened almond milk, egg whites, frozen berries, kale/spinach, protein powder
    2) Oats and egg/egg whites

Lunch:

1) Baked chicken thigh, jasmine rice, steam in bag broccoli with some sweet Thai chili sauce and sriracha
    2) Jambalaya (sounds fancy, but actually very easy to make) with chicken, sausage and shrimp, jasmine rice, broth, pepper, onion and cajun seasoning

Dinner:

1) Buffalo chicken quesadilla and a side salad
    2) Flank steak, Ezekiel toast and a steam in bag veg or side salad

I share more meal ideas/simple recipes here: https://www.instagram.com/dkpfit_eats/
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Breakfast-egg,toast,fruit. Lunch- chili with toast or homemade soup with toast or spaghetti and meatballs. Dinner- stir fry with brown rice or ham and cheese sandwich or avocado tomato cucumber hummus sandwich or fish with quinoa and veggies.
  • breanacasey2017
    breanacasey2017 Posts: 24 Member
    Breakfast-
    1/2 cup oats w/ peanut butter, 1 banana, flax seed and 2-3 scrambled eggs OR
    Bagel or toast w/ scrambled eggs, fruit and vegetarian sausage (Morning Star brand is my fave)

Lunch-
    vegetarian taco bowl w/ spinach OR
    Pasta dish (spaghetti and lentils) OR
    stir fry (veggie or sometimes shrimp)

I'm pescatarian and currently doing 20/4 intermittent fasting (10am-2pm) so i mostly just have 2 meals a day and tack on a snacks to either meal depending on my calories
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I have had the same breakfast 6 days a week for 25 years. Wheaties, raw rolled oats granola and 1% milk, plus banana and strawberries. 320 calories. No exceptions. Except Sunday.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Breakfast: yoghurt with fruit and add-ins like chia seeds, flax meal, sunflower seeds, no sugar cereal / toast and veggie bacon / oatmeal with fruit

Lunch or Dinner: a soup or stew (I cook a big pot of something every now and then) and toast / a sandwich of tuna or egg or seitan (cook up a batch of 4 portions now and then) with a cup of soup or crackers or something / giant salad with tons of stuff in with cottage cheese and tuna or egg.
  • frostingfluff
    frostingfluff Posts: 1 Member
    Breakfast: oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla extract, brown sugar, unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened apple sauce, and apples.

Lunch: an arugula salad with onions, cucumber, grape tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, parmesan cheese, and avocado

Dinner: black beans and rice with sour cream, onions, avocado, and grape tomatoes

Those are my go to meals if I'm tired I don't feel like making anything too fancy.