Covid-19 (not virus, but #)

Replies

• Glossberg
    Glossberg Posts: 40 Member
    There is nothing really changing exercise wise for me luckily. I have been doing all of my strength training workouts 4-5 times per week from home as I always have. I also go for short runs outdoors a couple times a week.

My only concern is maintaining stock for protein consumption. I typically eat around 180-200g of protein per day through chicken, fish, lean ground turkey, etc. Unfortunately, it is getting more and more difficult to find those items in stores. I have some extra in the freezer (I didn’t hoard, it’s just extra I have always had) but it will be all gone in a few weeks if I can’t find anymore to restock.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    NHDaisy2 wrote: »
    Today was MUCH better for me. I woke up at my normal time, took my usual morning walk showered and dressed like a normal day. I worked until lunch, ate my regular meal-prepped lunch and will work until 5. Another walk during what would be my commute home time. Keeping a schedule is going to be mission critical for me

As someone who works from home all the time - all of what you described is exactly what will help you succeed. ROUTINE is the key. It's a different routine than when I was working in the office but, I do have a daily routine that I rarely stray from. And dressing in normal clothes is a must for me - no strethcy pants (occasionally), no pajamas...

Routine - and even write it down if you want to, and include a food plan. I already work at home and am practiced at it, and got restless and off track even so. I would also say you gotta move your workstation somewhere dedicated to only that, if you can.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    I went from working half the time at home to full time, so it wasn't a drastic change. I have done everything I possibly can to make this period "business as usual." I eat the same amount on roughly the same schedule as I did (actually healthier, I haven't eaten bar food or any other type of outside food in over two weeks and lost a few pounds) and I work out consistently (patched together some weights and use my treadmill, indoor cycling trainer, and punching bag). I get a few more hours of sleep per week without having to get up early to commute to the office.

Full disclosure, food is mostly just fuel to me. Food has never been my friend, a stress reliever, or a cure for boredom, so I'm probably more resilient to over-eating in these types of situations.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    edited April 2020
    I still bike my 10 miles a day on lunch break and keep my calorie intake under 2500. My weight is still sorta below my target of 165; the Chinese weight scale is always wonky.

My home gym is collecting dust because....I'm depressed by the governments' actions.

I'm older than the most here, so it takes a lot to get me distracted, but the governor has succeeded: locked down until May 4 and a 50% unemployment rate makes me want to not succeed.

Call it boredom, distraction, or food addiction, but it is depression. Insidious as all git.

I think it's time we took our lives back. Do not eat. Do work. Do exercise. Live.
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member
    lol i havent been able to i went from 140 to 145.. I dont mind the extra weight
  • BabySparklez
    BabySparklez Posts: 3 Member
    Doing beachbody on demand. Country Heat as of right now. Probably will do Barre blend when it comes or do zumba. I have 2 weeks left of country heat calendar
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    briscogun wrote: »

Our "Governor" extended our lock down until... MAY 26! WTF? There is a huge growing sentiment in the population that enough is enough.

I bet at least 50% of Americans don't have enough savings to last until May 26 to pay the bills and eat. Even with deferred payments on most things, it still costs money to survive in the 21st century.

The companies who are offering deferred debt payments have bills to pay, too. What a mess.

Brazil has the right idea: Social Unrest coming to a town near you!

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @pjwrt we’re reopening on a slow roll-out starting tomorrow and the Governor expects to be fully up and running by Memorial Day. I go back to my office May 1. I’m hopeful that those who are really in poor health or elderly protect themselves. But we have to crank the economy back up