Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    edited April 2020
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Kelly's RAW Box & Kettlebell 2. This one was 1-1/2 min. of boxing, then 1-1/2 min. of boxing bag or weighted. Then 1 min. of kettlebell swings, and 1 min. of kettlebell legs. I really enjoyed this one, and it really does surprise me how high my hr gets on these type of workouts.

The quilt store that I ordered the quilt kit from sent the fabric through the mail at no charge to me. I was so happy, and I love the fabric. It has owls, so each square will be an owl.

Laurel, Nice job on your workouts! I so love kickboxing, so don't blame you for getting on that kick. I have done two kickboxing workouts this week also. I found a mask that was really easy, and I had all the supplies from our faire sewing. I can't tell you how much 1/2" bias tape I have from when we where doing that. I read a post from a doctor, he said that the mask helps people from touching their face. They have found that touching your face is the main gateway for this virus. So yes I could give everyone a fast lesson, or direct you to the Joann fabric web page. That is where I found this one. Unfortunately you are right about the restaurants. The guy I work with said that his take out business is doing fairly well, but of course not as good as if they where actually seating people. They make most of their money from the drinks.

Tami, Very crazy weather you are having, and I had read about the earthquake. That is very scary. We have had days like that, including the tornado and earthquake (not as big though). Yesterday we had snow in the morning and it got up in the 50's at the end of the day. It is very hard to know what coat to wear each day when it is so unpredictable. I saw a guy walking this morning in a short sleeved shirt with his arms inside the shirt. It was only 32 degrees, so I don't know what he was thinking. Awesome job on your workouts! We have had a few scares here at work, but so far the people that have been sick did not have the virus. We have foam hand sanitizer and of course the wipes. We are required to stay 6 feet apart. If you handle packages, like I do, you need to wash before touching the package and after. And of course DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE. Usually when I get home, I take my clothes off and then wash up. From what the doctors are saying, you have to be in a confined space with someone who is sick for airborne transmission. Of course when you actually cough people do give you a look. I almost feel like they want to take you down like the dudes on the Monster Inc movie, when they found the sock on one of the monsters. :D

Thelma, I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle. I'm just now hearing the guy talking on the radio about the treatment you are referring to. I sure do hope that they are able to treat a lot of patients with this treatment, and that this helps get this virus under control. Great job on your yoga, and still taking it easy on the knee. Hopefully your knee will get better and better. I to hope that you are able to get your prescription. I do know that Mylan has been pumping out the drug as fast as possible.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a long one. I started with Cathe’s live workout this morning which was Legs and Core On The Floor. It was a no equipment mat workout for the legs and core, and it was really good. I followed it with my planned workout, which was STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs and Cathe Live Low Impact HiiT. I am also hoping to get my DH out this afternoon for a walk in the sunshine.

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear the news about your uncle. I cannot imagine your grief for both him and your aunt. My mind literally cannot imagine your aunt’s anguish. You are all in my prayers right now. I so hope they do find a solution that will, if nothing else, ease the symptoms of this virus with the medication you are taking. I am glad these preliminary reports are encouraging and give you some comfort in leaving your house. I am glad you were able to get most of the groceries you needed. I am hoping the stay at home order does keep some people from coming into your area. We still don’t have that order, but with many businesses closed, I feel like we do. But, then again, I haven’t been out much in the last three weeks, so I have no real indication of what is really happening throughout the city much less other parts of the state. I must admit to being frustrated at the moment with the varying responses throughout not just Alabama but the entire nation. I am stunned, for instance, that Florida is still allowing for church services, especially given the vulnerable population in Florida. That makes no sense when church services have been a source for cluster outbreaks. Like you, sharing a border with Florida at the moment does not bring me a whole lot of peace of mind. But, then again, Alabama is wanting to pretend we are above the fray so it is a little hard to decide which is worse. Anyhow, I am glad you are taking care of your knee. Listen to it and don’t force your workouts, especially now when you are under so much stress.

Tami, that is a seriously crazy day! I heard about the earthquake but didn’t imagine you would feel it where you are. Your weather sounds like, well, spring. :) Absolutely crazy and in no way predictable. I am sorry to hear about your work situation. Like I was saying to Thelma, I wish there was some consistency in how this was all being implemented right now. I know I was having a hard time for a couple of weeks resolving myself to hearing the national news saying (it actually felt like they were screaming) ‘stay at home!’ and looking around at people living like things were normal. No doubt your DH feels a similar frustration and, more importantly, concern for you and for himself given his pneumonia last year. I hope, for both of your sakes, a good solution can be found before somebody gets sick. Anyhow, great workouts. Thanks for the information on those Peloton walking workouts. I will definitely give them a try.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout! I bet the time flew in that one given the variety. Thank you for the information on the masks. I know Joanne’s is doing curb side pick-up, so getting materials is an option. But without a sewing machine, I am wondering if I will have the patience to do this. Again, my frustration at lack of consistency comes through even with this when some say to wear the mask to protect yourself from others infected, some say to wear it to remind you not to touch your face, some say to wear it to prevent making others sick if you are infected, some say all three, and then there are those that say the wrong kind of mask can cause more harm than good....and the right kind of masks (not the medical masks but those that people like construction workers wear) are not available. It all just makes me want to stay inside. :D But if this is going to go on for 18 months, I am thinking I need to find a solution to at least go to the store safely. :o I am sorry to hear you have had some scares at work. I bet your stress levels at work are through the roof right now. But at least it sounds like all safety precautions are being taken to keep you healthy.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies, I can't believe it's Thursday already!

I've been sticking with my KCM workouts, alternating weights and cardio each day. I have a total of 30 of her DVD's and am just doing a 30 minute workout each day. I'm half way through!

We had the boys help with de-thatching our yard, and got that project done on Tuesday. It is nice to have that done, although doing it ourselves was not ideal. Normally we'd hire it out, but the landscaping companies near us are not operating currently.

Weather has been nice, but we're in for a few days of rain now. Otherwise, 50's to lower 60's, which means the pups have been getting a walk each day, they are sure happy!

Ok, so for Happy Hour, next week any day works for me...let's pick a date and time. How does 5pm CST (6pm EST) work? Tami, I think that would be 4pm your time...is that too early? Otherwise, we could try 7pm CST, 6pm Mountain Time and 8 pm EST. Thoughts?

Laurel, sounds like a great idea to get some veggie plants..we've been thinking of starting a garden this year too. I like having fresh produce available. Great job on the workouts and mixing in some weights, with some lower impact! I hope your great niece is still on the mend!

Laurie, you know those KCM workouts are music to my ears :smile: I love adding the gloves to her kickboxing workouts, and the weighted vest on her newest Cardio Sculpt too! How wonderful that you were able to get the quilting materials delivered free of charge! It's fun having some crafty projects to do in a time like this. I need to find some myself!

Tami, Wow, what a busy quarter end for you! That's awesome that you're so busy, but I get the stress of being at the office and not at home. Those workouts and outside walks I'm sure help with the stress right now! I had a good laugh on painting the lures! :smile: I wondered about the earthquake and if you were able to feel it where you are...turns out you were able to!

Thelma, I'm still praying for your uncle...those lung infections seem to creep up with pneumonia or viruses that cause pneumonia. I will keep checking for updates. I'm glad your trip to the grocery store went well, but it's totally different there than here for sure! No one wearing masks, gloves or anything of the sort. The only "protective" measures we have here are at liquor stores. The cashier is surrounded by plexiglass walls and we have to ring up our own items (using a shared scanning gun, which I don't like). I think it's funny that the liquor stores are like that, but not grocery stores.

Stay Safe!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Yin Yoga which was all about hip openers. My body so needed this class! I also did Sculpting which was all about abs. I followed that with STS Meso 3 - Disc 25 Chest/Back. My knee feels a little better, so resting it is helping.

We had a beautiful sunny day but it was still a little windy so it felt cold. We're going to be in the 70's till the middle of next week. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday! I had a couple of days that felt a little long. I hope doctors

My aunt didn't get good news this morning. My uncle had more complications overnight. His kidneys are not functioning well. The doctor told her that the next two days would be decisive for my uncle. I feel so bad. All I could do this morning was cry with her and tell her that I love her and I'm here for her. She doesn't know what she will do without my uncle. They do everything together. So sad!

Laurie, that Box & KB workout sounds really good! Do you still have that subscription?

OMG, that owl material for your quilt sounds adorable!
    I heard that people with masks sometimes touch their faces more because they have to keep readjusting the mask. It's all about becoming aware of what you're doing. I don't know about you but since we found out that we can't touch our faces, my face seems to itch all over the place!

Thanks, Laurie, we still hope my uncle will get better. It's good to know that Mylan has been pumping out the drug as fast as possible! Hopefully, I'll be able to get my refill. I get 90 days worth of pills but I'd be happy if they gave me at least 30 for now.

Laurel, great workouts! That Legs/Core On live workout sounds great. I hope you were able to get your DH out for a walk.

Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers. I cannot put myself in my aunt's shoes but I keep imagining her anguish and it breaks my heart. She told her sister that she is totally unrecognizable because she feels that she's aged a lot in the last two weeks. My uncle is getting hydroxychloroquine but unfortunately, it hasn't worked well for him. I heard last night that doctors are finding that pre-diabetic and diabetic patients seem to get hit the hardest by this virus. My uncle is diabetic.
    People here were frustrated with our governor for not ordering the state to shelter in place two weeks ago. He finally did it but only because the virus is spreading. All I needed to hear to shelter in place was the president's request to shelter in place. I had no idea Florida is still allowing church services! How insane is that! All you can do is to shelter in place even when you haven't received the order from your governor.

Erika, good job with the KCM workouts!
    I'm glad you enlisted the boys to help de-thatching your hard. At least it gave them something different to do and you guys saved $ in the process.

You are having nice temps! Enjoy!
    You didn't mention a date for next week but 6pm EST would work for me.

Thank you soooo much for keeping my uncle in your prayers. I hear that those lung infections are common also for intubated patients.
    I think at this point everyone should be wearing masks, goggles, and gloves when outside. I wouldn't like using the same scanner gun everyone else uses. I would've disinfected it. Start carrying Lysol wipes in a ziplock bag! Has the liquor store cashier always had the plexiglass walls?
    I am glad I got the supermarket trip out of the way. I won't relax until Wednesday because I want to make sure we don't develop any symptoms. I heard symptoms can be felt between days 4 and 7 after exposure.

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kelly's Cardio Pump Workout 2, which is her Pyramid weight workout.

Laurel, Nice workouts! Is this the first week with the rack workouts? I used them once, and really enjoyed how my legs felt afterward. A lot of the craft stores are doing the curb side pick up. Even some of my vendors are doing the same thing. We go there and they have all the orders lined up in front of the store. I really do love the enginuity that people are coming up with during all of this. Makes me wonder if they will continue some of the services in the future. I'm with you on the variety of information that is out there about the masks. It can make a person crazy just trying to get anything that is correct or helpful. Well if you don't have a sewing machine, that could make it a little difficult to make the mask. :D If anything like that would be necessary, I would gladly make them for you and send them out. It didn't take me long to make the ones for my dd on Sunday. Where you able to enjoy the sunshine yesterday with your DH? I sure do hope so. They are really taking our safety seriously around here, but there are some people that are trying to take advantage of policies that where put in place. They "claim" they are sick, and really cause a lot of problems for out department. ;)

Erika, Great job on getting through the Kelly workouts. I to am just going with the 30 min. workouts. I've found that I really do need to alternate the workouts though, so I will be doing the 22 min. Hard Corps with Tony next week, and then back to Kelly again. This is probably going to be my plan going forward for the summer. Nice that you where able to get the yard taken care of. One would think that the landscapers could be doing the lawn work, since those are usually single person jobs. I'm good with either time, but the later one is the best for me. If we do the 5pm, then Tue and Wed are the best days of the week for me. One of the things that I need to do with my workouts is to jot down if I can use a weighted vest with them. I love the vest if the workout doesn't involve jumping. The workout yesterday was one that I could have worn the vest and it would have added just a little more to the workout. I think the crafts are helping me with my stress level a lot.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! Glad to hear the knee is doing better. Have to say that I'm really glad that it is Friday today. I will continue to pray for both your Aunt and Uncle, and I hope that all goes well. I'm sure that she is glad that she has family calling her, even though you are not able to be there. Yes I still have the subscription, it is the only one that I have. I will be throwing at least one of these into my Kelly week, so that I don't feel like I'm throwing my money away by not using it. I just heard another report from doctors around the world that have been using the drug to help with this virus. They have been having really good results if they give them to the patient early enough.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body and Abs 1 followed by a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride from Peloton. We have another beautiful day here which helps my energy levels for sure. My DH is currently at the grocery store and you would think I was sending him into combat the way I was talking to him when he left. :o He is so patient with me. :) But he decided today was a good day to try to do some shopping because a lot of people think the governor may, finally, be persuaded to issue a Stay at Home order. I mean her Lieutenant Governor has practically called her idiotic for not doing it, and she held a Twitter session yesterday where, in an hour, she answered all of seven questions (!) but all of which were on why she hasn’t issued the order yet. Such a weird situation. But whatever she does, we will be set for awhile.

Erika, sounds like a great plan with the workouts. I am really surprised your lawn care workers aren’t working because that is one thing where social distancing should work. But great job doing the dethatching. That is never fun. I am good with either time for our happy hour. Thanks for setting this up!

Thelma, great workouts! Those hip opener yoga workouts are so good. I love them as I am aging. I am glad your knee is feeling better. I hope that continues. I am sorry the news from your aunt was not better. I will continue to pray for them. DH and I are in full agreement that no matter what the governor does, we are in lock down. DH will still need to go into work a couple of days over the next week, but we are hoping to keep our trips for groceries to a bare minimum over the next two months. We had quite the long talk about it last night and we are definitely on the same page when it comes to our approach over the next several months. No doubt his job is going to come into play (if he stays employed), but we are both mentally prepared to stay home, even for 18 months. I worry about the winter more than summer, but we survived a few winters in Alaska :) , so I think we can get through a stay-at-home winter in Alabama. I think a lot of people are struggling with what is becoming a new reality that we are in this for the long haul. It makes me sad.

Laurie, great workout! I love the sound of your plan going forward. Have you done those Hard Corps workouts before? If not, I will curious how you like them. Yes, this was the first week with Squat Rack Legs, and I have really grown to enjoy those workouts over the years. I used to get bored and wander off during the breaks B) but I don’t do that any more. That I had the concentration to stick with it yesterday gives me hope for Slow and Heavy next week. That is so nice of you to offer to make us masks! If it comes to needing them and we have nothing, I may just take you up on that. I am hoping we get more clarity soon, that’s for certain. Yes, DH and I got out for a really nice walk yesterday. Sunshine definitely soothes my very weary mind right now. Since it looks like no rain for several days, I am hoping we can continue to do that. We officially had the wettest first three months of the year ever here with just under 29 inches of rain in three months. That may have something to do with my passion for clear days right now. :D

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies, Happy Friday!!!! It's finally here!

Yesterday was a cardio day (walk outside) so today is a KCM weights day. I'll have to see which ones I have left and pick a good one :) Nothing planned for the weekend, so we're just going to hang out and hopefully enjoy some nice weather this weekend! Today we have sleet/snow...yuck!

Thelma, your uncle has got this, I can just feel it! I'm glad your aunt is reaching out and talking and crying with you. I'm sure that means a lot to her and is helping to release the anxiety she likely has waiting for more news. Good job getting in some workouts that your body needs, those are the best!! Enjoy your warm weather!!

Laurel, sounds like you are getting some nice weather there, enjoy it! Always does good for the soul to get out and enjoy it. You also have that awesome Peloton to get you through if the weather isn't so nice! You releasing your hubby to the grocery store sounds like my hubby releasing me :smiley: Everytime I get "don't bring COVID back with you" as if I've got it bottled up somewhere just waiting to bring home with me :) Good idea to get out before the stay at home order...people will be out in droves once that announcement comes out!

Laurie, love that workout! I did that one last week and it kicked my butt!! Love your idea of adding the weighted vest! Did you get snow this morning? I didn't think we were going to get it, but it came in as sleet and then now just light snow...roofs are white...eww!!

I'll keep you posted on the HH next week. I'm looking at M, T, W or TH...just need Tami's input as I believe she's in a different time zone and want to make sure I take into consideration what works for her. In the meantime, message me your email address :)

Erika
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Just a quick check-in to let you know I am hanging in there, and doing just fine.
    We have had a couple meetings the last couple days at work preparing for if we all go home or not. Every single person in our office is to be set up from home by Monday if they haven't already. We had one of our co-workers go home the other day because she had a cough. She things it is just her aesthma but "just in case" she has been tested. We will find out from our Panhandle Health District by this weekend. My DH had a "Come to Jesus" meeting with our Manager and they are on the same page finally. Our Manager is pretty nervous, hence pushing all of this along at a quicker pace.

The stress level (tension) seems to be higher every day just due to the uncertainty of it all, but I am hanging in there despite. DH has been cooking nice dinners for us all week which is a lot of fun. ;)

Workouts: Thursday: Peloton Ride after work, yesterday was LIS Legs + Peloton Ride.

I will most likely be able to get on here and catch up with you ladies over the weekend. Not a lot of plans. Hoping the weather cooperates so I can get outside a little bit.

Erika: I will do my best to join you ladies but between work/working at home/work I am not sure. So please don't wait for me. Make a plan that works and if I can swing in there with you all i will. ;)

Have a great weekend ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice and quiet weekend. Ours was definitely nice and quiet. Temps finally warmed up.
    My workouts on Friday were Restorative Yoga, Barre, a meditation with these beads called Malas, Yoga Flow and LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body. I spent the entire day in the exercise room! On Saturday we walked. Sunday BUILD Chest and Tris and Walking.
    I had a very spiritual day on Friday thanks to that meditation. The instructor is famous for her Malas and her yoga classes. She had a yoga flow on Friday night and it was dedicated to my uncle's health. I really love this instructor and she is very good with her instructions.
    My knee is doing better. During our downhill walk, it started to hurt so DH suggested I walk backward and that worked! So I've been doing backward walking! LOL

Today during our walk we ran into our neighbor and unfortunately didn't have masks with us. We never run into him. I'm a little concerned. I hope he isn't sick. I'll start the quarantine count tomorrow again. The last time we went out was last Wednesday and thankfully we are OK. I hope we're Ok because I have to inject myself on Thursday.

My uncle's condition is stable, has improved a little, but is still in critical condition. Today the doctors reduced the oxygen level on the respirator. We will find out tomorrow how he responded.

I found these no-sew face masks. This is as much as I can handle! I read that you can insert a coffee filter between the layers. I believe there are DIY mask ideas on the CDC website. I ordered some bandanas and I have some hair ties.
    http://blog.japanesecreations.com/no-sew-face-mask-with-handkerchief-and-hair-tie

Laurie, great job with Kelly's pyramid workout! Good idea to use Kelly's subscription at least once a week. Does she keep adding new workouts?
    I don't understand why hydroxychloroquine isn't given to patients at the first sign of symptoms even if they haven't been tested. Why do they have to wait till someone is half-dead to treat them? This is driving me crazy!
    Thank you so much for your prayers! My aunt thanks you too.

Laurel, great workouts on Friday! I'm glad you're enjoying the weather. I heard that AL finally ordered people to shelter-in-place! Sounds like your governor was shamed into the shelter-in-place order. what's up with these politicians? The same thing happened here!
    Good idea for your DH to have gone to the supermarket. I totally understand the way you talked to your DH before he went food shopping. I did the same with DH. I drive him nuts but guess what! After I told him last Wednesday he had to wear his neck gaiter to cover his mouth and nose, and to put his clear goggles on he left the house without. It's a good thing that the garage is in the back of the property so I intercepted him on his way out! I obviously know him! LOL
    I'm so glad you are finally in lockdown and that your DH won't be going to work too often. I really hope I don't have to go to the supermarket any time soon. I heard that Target and Walmart are now restricting the number of people they allow inside the store at once. I'm sure our supermarkets will eventually do the same.
    Do you have virus cases in your county yet? We're up to 8.
    I hope your DH won't lose his job. I hope mine won't either!
    I think I am missing seeing other humans other than DH. I have a need but I can't exactly figure out. It must be the fact that I can't go out. We will get through this but I'm struggling to get things done. How is your grand-niece doing?
    The hip opener on Thursday was absolutely yummy as the instructor likes to say.
    Thank you very much for your prayers. My aunt is very thankful!

Laurel, rotation questions for you
    The Legs & Abs workout is it Lean Legs and Abs?
    Is the PHA 1,2,3 workout the S&S PHA Training workout? It has 6 rounds. What do you mean by 1, 2, 3? Thank you! I'm excited about BB!

Erika, good job with your KCM workouts! Did you pre-order Cathe's new series?
    How are your boys doing? Are they going crazy? Are they attending school online?

Thank you for those encouraging words about my uncle. I don't even know how to encourage my poor aunt anymore! I am glad my aunt is reaching out to talk and cry with me now. She didn't do it for a while. Thank you so much for your prayers. My family and I thank you!

Tami, I'm so glad you're OK and that your DH finally talked some sense into your manager! Thank God!
    How scary about your co-worker's cough! I hope it's just her asthma. I can't imagine the stress you must be under these days with such a heavy workload and the pandemic on top of things!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited April 2020
    Morning Ladies,

Again it was a weekend that I didn't workout, but I did work on the quilt. It is turning out to be really cute. Have to say that with this quarantine, my house has never been so clean. :D We did have some sunny weather, but it was cold outside. People where out gardening, but I think it is to soon. We still have frost in the mornings. Guess they all just want to be out of the house. This morning I did 22 Min. Hard Corps 22 Cardio 1, and I really did enjoy it. Makes a difference when your knee doesn't hurt also. These do not have a warm up, but he does have a 10 min. warm up that you can do. So in reality this is really 32 min. workouts. ;) The basic format is three rounds of exercises, and he increases or decreases each exercise per round.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I do understand your concern, and I hope that your DH had a good experience grocery shopping. They are taking so many precautions at the stores around here, they have installed shields, make people come in through one entrance and stagger the people that enter. Yesterday my DH asked if I could make some masks, he was seeing a lot of people with them on at the grocery store. Yes I have done the HC22 workouts before, but it was a long time ago. I feel like I need to get some use out of these workout systems that I have, and this option just seemed like something that would be fun to do. Hope all goes well with the Slow & Heavy workout this week. That is a lot of rain! Nice that you have been having some nice weather. I wish that ours was just a tad warmer.

Erika, Hope that you had a good workout with Kelly! No Friday we didn't have snow, it was actually a fairly nice day. I hear you on the weather, this time of the year is so unpredictable. It looks so pretty and sunny, but you walk outside and it is freezing. I think that I need to put a post it note on the DVD's that I can handle a weighted vest. Especially on the ones that she doesn't do a lot of jumping around.

Tami, Great job on your workouts! I hope all goes well for your co-worker and that it isn't the virus. I'm sure that everything will be all a okay for your work from home. I don't know how I would handle being with DH all day for days on end. I'm actually glad that I can go into work, and he is home working. Of course you have much better meals being prepared, my DH doesn't cook. :D

Thelma, I'm glad to hear that there has been improvement for you Uncle, I hope that it continues.
    Awesome job on all your workouts! Interesting that you are now walking backward, jut so glad that it is feeling better. Yes Kelly adds new workouts to her RAW channel at least 1-2 times per month. She doesn't do the live workouts like Cathe does each week. She does everything in her basement and then uploads to the app. From what I understand the drug is not supported by all doctors. Just this morning I heard about a different drug that they are testing that has had even better results. I didn't catch the name of it. Of course all these precautions, and this virus will be around for quite a while so it would probably be resurfacing in the fall.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ladies, Happy Monday!

When you get a chance, message me your email addresses. I got Thelma's, just need the rest and I'll get a video chat set up for us :)

It was a decent weekend here, so we were able to get outside for walks and outdoor time both days. We had couple stop by that we normally hang out with and we were able to chat with them while they stood at the end of our driveway by their car and we were at the top. Definitely more than 6 feet and it felt good to see other people in person! They had some items at their house that my son left there (outdoor hockey nets and equipment) so they dropped them off outside in our yard for us and said hello. I saw that a few of you mentioned how many cases are in your county of COVID so I thought I'd look more to see if I could find them for us. We are over 60 total cases in our county out of a total of around 425,000 people. No idea where in our county they are, but it's creeping up there.

I did KCM Shape Up Saturday and Strong and Lean (Lean) on Sunday. I'm going to have to actually set up a KCM/Cathe rotation soon, as I keep going by what I feel like doing that day, but I can't remember what I've done and not anymore!

Thelma, what a special yoga flow session dedicated to your uncle! That had to be so incredibly special! I'm happy to hear he's remaining stable! Good job getting in some meditation and nice calming and relaxing workouts. Those do wonders for the soul! I've noticed a lot more people out for walks around here so we are also running into more neighbors. They are all keeping their distance, so I feel ok about it. Until they tell us we can't be outside, I'm trying to get outside each day for my mental sanity! I did pre-order the Cathe DVD's, just wondering if/when they will film. Maybe she'll do them solo?? The boys are doing online schooling and it's going well. They are starting to get bored and really want to see their friends, but I fear it will be awhile. They were saying on the news the other night that this is hardest for teenagers because they are in their prime "socialization" phase. I believe it!

Tami, glad to hear your workplace is getting everyone prepared for work from home, if needed. It's not easy to do if you're not used to it, but it does end up working it's way out. I hope you had nice weather so you could get out and enjoy it. I sure love my at home workouts, but right now I'm craving anything outdoors as it's the closest I'm getting to being out "in public" :wink:

Laurie, yay on the quilt...you'll have to post a pic when you're done! I like your weekends for crafts and weekdays for workouts/work. Sounds like a perfect mix! I did the 22 min hard corps workouts for awhile, and they are nice, quick and straightforward. They also give that great endorphin rush as well. I hope you are getting some of this warmer weather headed you way...60 today, 70 tomorrow. I'm excited!

Hi Laurel!

Have a great Monday!!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a quiet weekend and some wonderful weather. DH ‘had’ to go to Lowe’s on Saturday, which didn’t make me happy. I am hoping that his last trip there for a very long time. I don’t like telling him what to do, but he is endangering me too.....so I just might have to. :) Yesterday he worked part of the day at work while I cleaned the house. Like Laurie, I don’t think my house has ever been this clean. But with DH in and out of the house, I am disinfecting everything everyday. Not my hobby of choice, unfortunately. :D Hopefully DH’s work requirements will end this week and we can stay at home for the duration. I am looking forward to that if it means not disinfecting DH and the house every day. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a fun Peloton class called Cardio Dance Party. It was much like Shaun T.’s CIZE workouts, but only 20 minutes long....and served as a great warm up for yoga. So I followed it with a 45 minute yoga session with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe Live Give Me More Legs and Core followed by a 30 minute HiiT ride with Peloton. Today was Slow and Heavy Chest and Back followed by IMAX4 and Step Boss Abs 2.

Erika, glad you are getting out every day. I do the same thing, even if it means just sitting on the deck for an hour. It definitely makes me feel like I am a part of the world and not living in a cage. :) When I sent DH out on Friday, I kept telling him to be careful.....like the virus was going to attack him in the parking lot or something. :D Like I said, he is very patient with me but doesn’t quite share my heightened concern levels. Don’t get me wrong, he is being careful. But he just isn’t living in fear. I kind of admire that even though I can’t really emulate that yet. Hopefully I will get to that point too.

Tami, great workouts. I so hope you are home and feeling safer right now. A sick co-worker probably would have sent me over the edge. Hopefully you feel less stress at home. I know I will once DH stops going out.

Thelma, great workouts! Your Friday meditation workout sounds wonderful. I listened to the speech that Queen Elizabeth recorded yesterday about this whole situation, and she encouraged reflection and meditation, which I thought was wonderful. I am happy to hear your uncle is holding on and fighting this virus. I hope the news today is even better but can’t help but think that his improving again is so wonderful and so hopeful. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the wonderful weather this weekend. I know it was near perfect weather here. We have a lot of cases in our county. Our population is about 360,000 and we have about 150 cases. I know some of those cases are centered around the Army base and then, predictably, because we have two colleges/universities here, Spring Break and those who went to the beach brought back quite a few sick people. Makes me angry. I am so glad the governor finally issued the Stay at Home order. It didn’t change much of anything in terms of what businesses are open or closed, but here in our county at least, the police were out citing groups of mostly young people for not adhering to the social distancing guidelines. So, since young people are one of the reasons our case levels are so high, I think that may be a very good thing in the long run. At least I hope. Regarding the rotation, I must have been getting tired when I was finishing writing down the rotation because, boy, is that a mess or what! :o Sorry about that. Anyhow, yes, I meant it to be Lean Legs and Abs. And then, with regard to the PHA workouts, I meant to say to choose from S&S PHA, LITE PHA 2, Step Boss PHA 3 and Flex Train for that Friday workout in the Slow and Heavy/Body Beast Tempo weeks. Hope that makes more sense!

Laurie, glad to hear you had sunshine and a good time making progress on your quilt this weekend. I like the sound of the Hard Corps workouts. It has been so long since I have worked out with Tony Horton. I miss him. :) DH indicated they were taking good precautions in all the stores he was in on Friday and Saturday including plexiglass, controlled entries, and even in Lowe’s they were routing people in certain directions through the busiest part of the store (the garden section). Even with that, I think I will opt for grocery delivery in two weeks and then play it by ear after that.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were BB Build Legs and walking. My legs were too fatigued to do any kind of HIIT training. I am loving the BB workouts. It feels like years since we last did them.

We had a beautiful, sunny day today.

My uncle improved a little bit yesterday and is doing well on the reduced oxygen. Tomorrow will be a big day for him. The doctors are going to wake him a little to see if he can breathe on his own because he's been sedated for too long. The doctor told my aunt to keep praying because clearly, the prayers are working. He told my aunt that today he could finally dare feel a little bit optimistic about my uncle! I'm glad you're making more masks for your family.
    I just heard a doctor say that because this is a novel virus the body attacks it so hard that it also attacks the person's heart, kidneys and other organs and the body shuts down. He said the people who died most likely died because of the body shutting down, not the virus.

Laurie, I can't wait to see your new quilt! It does sound like gardening in your area is too early. Great job with the Hard Corps workout! It's good that KCM adds raw workouts once or twice a month.

We are hoping my uncle's health continues to improve. I'm a little scared about tomorrow's test. I heard that a medicine used to treat parasites is showing good results as a COVID-16 treatment.

Erika, I'm glad you had a pretty good weekend. Funny about that couple stopped by your house and stayed at the end of your driveway. We are good friends with a couple who want to do the same but I'm not comfortable even though we'd be over 15ft apart.
    Our county's population is 25,336 and we have 10 cases. I'm getting worried about GA. Our numbers keep going up.

Great job with the KCM workout. I'm glad you ordered Cathe's new program. I think it will be good. I hadn't' thought about how she'll film them. I wonder if she'll delay it given the pandemic.

I had the feeling the boys would be bored. It really must be hard not seeing their friends.

The yoga class dedicated to my uncle was truly special. The meditation/chanting has really helped me because today I felt calmer and didn't feel like a prisoner in my own house.
    I wished people would stay inside. The only reason we walked to our mailbox and up the following road is that we hardly have any full-time neighbors. We have one at the end of our road and he is elderly so most of the time he is inside. The road that runs parallel to our house has 3 full-time residents. One is our builder and a couple just bought a house up the road. We haven't even met them yet. They seem to be staying inside too.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice/quiet weekend. You really have to tell your DH that he is endangering you. I did that with DH when we started our self-isolation. He understands that I'm at risk. I basically scared him. It worked. A doctor said the other day that a family should think of itself as a unit. Meaning if one person goes out and catches the virus the entire family would get sick. I hear you on the disinfecting after every outing!

I am embarrassed to say that I've been slacking on the house cleaning. I drag my body to do a little bit each day or every other day. The house is pretty clean but I've not been good about my daily vacuuming and dusting.
    Since my uncle has been sick I just don't have the motivation to do much. Working out was hard last week. I seem to be in a better place this week.

The Friday meditation was really spiritual to me at least. This meditation was not your typical meditation but it was more like chanting mantras. The class was called Japa Malas. She gave us a couple of choices about what to chant about. I told her I want her the chant for healing. I believe the words are in Sanskrit. The mantra we are chanting is Om Shree Dhanvantre Namaha. You have to pronounce every syllable she told us. Everything I found online talks about this mantra being for healing but this lady says it means something else. I am sending you this link because she explains the 108 beads/twice a day/40 days. The necklace has 108 beads and you use it much like you would a rosary.
    https://insighttimer.com/devavasuda/guided-meditations/om-shree-dhanvantre-namaha

https://japamalabeads.com/
    Mala Beads — Tools for Meditation
    Mala beads are a simple yet powerful string of prayer beads that Buddhists and Yogis have used for hundreds of years to count mantras and prayers with. Japa is the meditation technique used with malas to calm the mind and summon your soul. Worn as a bracelet or necklace, prayer beads also serve as a powerful reminder to be in the present moment and embody peace, love, and compassion.

Thankfully we got good news about my uncle today. I don't blame you for being angry with the people who don't take this virus seriously. I am with you on that. I'm glad the police were out citing the groups of people for not adhering to social distancing. I doubt that is being done in our county.
    Thanks for clarifying the rotation! You really must've been tired! LOL

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a dreary and misty morning, but the temps where up in the high 40's. My workout was the 22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1. Again this is an exercise for each body part, and then done in three rounds. This one did have a very short warm up, but I had done the Cold Start warm up before hand. I think that tomorrow I will do the Core workout before the cardio, just to make it different.

Erika, Nice workouts! I like the sound of Cathe/Kelly, I'm sure that you will come up with a good rotation with those two instructors. We have around the same population in our county as you do, and ours is at 165 positives and 5 deaths. The majority of the cases are in Madison and Milwaukee for us. I'm sure that the cities are the major one for MN. I'm enjoying the 22MHC, and I'm sweating buckets. This is a good series to get the hr up. I think that I will probably do a week of PiYo, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Hammer & Chisel and Les Mills Combat. Do you have the Core de Force? If so how did you like that one? I like your idea of Kelly/Cathe. Maybe I should do that with my Kelly week, so I don't miss out on my Cathe either.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts! LOL on your house being clean. I'm really enjoying the cleaning spree that my DH and dd have been on. They are now going to paint the bedrooms, so another thing off the list of things to do. :D Have to admit is was really nice to visit with Tony again, and of course this one is with military people. Some of the guys are really tall, and just dwarf Tony. :D We have voting going on today, I did absentee, because of the fact that I'm a person that is going to work. It sounds like they are taking every precaution at the polls, and actually being very creative. We do have the national guard deployed to help also.

Thelma, I do hope that all goes well for your Uncle, and the prayers will continue. I love that the doctor felt that the prayers are working, so of course I will continue. ;) Great job with the BB workouts, I'm sure that you are having a great time with Sagi again. I'm sure that the doctors are testing a lot of different medications during this time. Who knows what will help with recovery.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Good Morning, Ladies!

I sent out an invite for next Tuesday at 5pm CST happy hour. Hopefully that works for everyone to jump on to visit for a bit.

Yesterday's workout was Shape Up workout 2. Love the Tabata style!! Followed up with a nice family walk and family game night. It was very nice!

One thing about the stay at home order, is that we've been spending a lot more time doing fun stuff together...walks, games, etc. We have nothing else to do in the evenings with no sports or social engagements, so we've been enjoying some time as a family!

Thelma, ahhh BB...I haven't done that one in ages! I actually haven't renewed my BOD subscription yet and didn't save any of my DVD's except P90X and ChaLean Extreme. The others I had I just never reached for, so I traded them. I am happy to hear the improvement with your uncle! I said another prayer last night! We have a lot of people out on walks around here (we live next to a park with walking trails) but everyone is very good about stepping aside off the trail if someone is coming by. If the virus spread gets too much worse, I'm sure they will limit outdoor time to just being in our own yards. I hope it doesn't get to that though!

Laurie, we are gloomy here today and had thunderstorms last night! Our 1 yo pup was barking at the thunder last night! But, we are supposed to get sunny and almost 70 by this afternoon. I'm looking forward to soaking up some sun! I've done all of the BB workouts, I think Core de Force was my favorite along with Liift4. The new 10 Rounds with Joel looks like it will be great too...I just wish they were releasing DVD's. I don't like not having that option.

Laurel, I had to laugh about your DH visit to Lowe's, as that is normally me. I always have somewhere I "have" to go each day, and not doing so is making me a little crazy. I've been getting curbside food and did curbside paint delivery about a month ago...that's about it. We did go to the local meat market yesterday to stock up on freezer meats, which was probably the safest experience I've had. They only had 2 people in the store, all workers had gloves and stood behind glass, and it was a very good experience. Now we won't have to go out for food (aside from curbside pick up for necessities) for awhile. I will say, having to order and not go shopping myself has made me realize how much food my boys go through! :) I'll be happy when I can go pick out my own items and do a run every couple days so I have fresh veggies/fruit on hand.

Hi Tami!

Enjoy your Tuesday, I hope it continues to be nice for everyone as it sounds like yesterday was nice for all!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders followed by a 45 minute ride with Peloton. So far I am really enjoying these Slow and Heavy workouts, but, boy, do they make my muscles shake. :o I always forget about that until I start doing them again. Peloton has stopped filming live workouts after one of their employees tested positive for the virus. With them being in NYC (and London), I really am surprised it took this long to call a halt to production. So I have decided to take the time to reach back to some oldies, and today’s was a really fun ride.

Erika, thank you for setting up the video chat! I will be there, if only for a short while. It is my DHs birthday, but he will understand if I take a break from 24/7 with him :) for a chat with you all. I am looking forward to it! Great workout! Like you, in some strange way, I am enjoying aspects of this ‘quieter’ time. DH and I sit on our deck every night, go for long walks and there is no alarm in the morning. :) I just wish it didn’t take these circumstances to get us here. Hopefully DH can continue to take it down a notch by stopping his errands. He just isn’t really good at sitting still. :D While that is admirable, during a pandemic when you are supposed to stay home....not such a great trait. B)

Thelma, great workout! I am glad you are enjoying being back with Sagi! I know it has been well over a year since I worked out with him, which is amazing because it doesn’t feel like that long! :o I am so hoping you get more good news on your uncle today. I will keep sending all my good wishes and prayers to he and your aunt. Thank you for the information on meditation. Wow, there is a lot to learn about this. I think it will do me a world of good right now. I don’t blame you for not feeling like housework given all of the stress you have been under. If I am being honest, because I am so busy disinfecting surfaces and such, my ‘normal’ routine is a little....off. Open windows are recommended right now, so I have the entire house wide open and the pollen is everywhere! I was talking to my sister on the phone the other day and looked at my dark wood table....and it was covered in yellow dust. Not good! But I have been spending so much time working on disinfecting the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room that tables like that.....are covered in pollen. :#

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. I think I remember reading that many of these workouts have a total body focus. Is that right? I am glad you were able to vote absentee. I saw the line for voting in Waukesha this morning, and it looked pretty long. But I am glad they are focusing on keeping people healthy through this.

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Yoga Basics, Body Beast Build Shoulders and Up to BEat Fit 2 ml Walk. I have DOMS everywhere and I love it! Thanks, Sagi!

My aunt got really good news about my uncle today. He has done well with the reduced oxygen level, his fever was gone and his kidneys are either 80 or 90% back to normal. The doctors brought him out of that induced comma just enough to see if they could test his brain and to see how his breathing did. The doctors gave him commands to stick his tongue out, mover a foot or hand and he did it all! Two of his doctors are finally starting to feel optimistic about his recovery.
    Thank you for your prayers. Please keep them coming. My aunt asked me to thank you for your prayers.

Laurie, sounds like a great HC workout!
    Thank you so much for your prayers. They are working! A lot of doctors are testing different meds for sure. Doctors on the news are now including zinc as part of the hydroxychloroquine and z-pack treatment protocol.

Erika, thanks for setting up the happy hour! I didn't check email until 5:45 pm and when I saw the meeting time I nearly had a heart attack because I thought it was today! LOL

Great workouts! I love that your family is able to go out for walks and play games! This virus is definitely doing some good by bringing families together.

Did you trade your BB DVDs? I really love this program.
    Thank you so much for your prayers. Please keep praying!

Laurel, great workouts! I am glad you're enjoying the Slow and Heavy workouts. I just couldn't get myself to do that series. Are you able to do older Peloton recordings? It does seem that it took a while to cancel live workouts!

I am really enjoying working out with Sagi and I'm loving the DOMS!
    My aunts and I cried tears of happiness today with the good news about my uncle. Thank you for your prayers!
    There really is a lot to learn about meditation. We have another class tomorrow at 12:30 pm if you'd like to sign up for the class.
    Since the classes are online they'd have to send you a link once you sign up. I also found out today that if we'd like to have a group Japa Mala class the instructor would be able to do a private class for us. It could be a thing to do for a happy hour! I can't get over how much this chanting has helped me relax. I think it would be good for you. You can get a set of malas on Amazon.

http://www.yogaofblueridge.com/home.html

I disinfect the kitchen every day because that is the area you first hit when walking into the house and is used a lot. I've been good about the kitchen and bathrooms but I've been slacking on the things I was always so good at! I've become a little OCD about disinfecting faucets and doorknobs/handles.
    I don't open the windows but we do spend time out on the deck.
    How is your little grand-niece doing?

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was the 22M Hard Corps Core 1 & Cardio 1. Of course Tony always gives you a good core workout.

Erika, Great job on the workout, that is one that I did last week. Such a tough, but good one. I did get your e-mail. ;) Oh my on your pup not liking the thunderstorm. We usually don't have a problem with Rocket, he just moves to to the floor on DH's side of the bed when the weather is bad. The sun was very nice yesterday. It was wonderful to have no coat on when walking out the door at the end of the day. I would love to try some of those workouts that you mentioned. The only one that is even available on DVD is the Core de Force. ;)

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts, and your shaking muscles. ;) Interesting about the Peloton filming, that is probably a wise decision to suspend for now. Yes these are total body, even with the cardio. I don't know how many times I would be able to do a rotation of these with all the burpees though. :D I don't know what was going on with some polling places around here. We had some cities with 7 polling places that had 1/4 the population of Milwaukee, and Milwaukee only had 5 places open. There where plenty of national guard members trained, but not used. I don't understand why people didn't early vote in person either. My youngest dd did that last week with no problem, and our township had all the PPE and precautions in place. Personally I think that the media made a bigger deal out of all this than was necessary.

Thelma, Nice job with your workouts! I'm so happy to hear about your Uncle, that is awesome news. I'm sure that you Aunt is feeling so much better when she hears news like that. Is your family still doing okay in Costa Rica? I was going by no news is good news for them. ;)

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! DH had to go into work last night at 11pm which had me feeling very frustrated (as was DH) and concerned, to be honest. So sleep was at a minimum, for certain. The good news is that now (maybe.....hopefully) Friday will be the last day he will need to go in for awhile. I am not holding my breath since this entire process he has been going through was supposed to be done weeks ago, but I have hope. Anyhow, I got up this morning in a not great mood and with no initiative to workout, but since I am finding keeping to a routine is helping me mentally through this virus issue.....I worked out anyway. :) And I am glad I did. I feel much better. I did Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps followed by Cathe Live Jabs and Kicks. That latter workout was great for getting the remaining frustration out of my system. :D

Thelma, great workout! Glad you are enjoying the DOMS. You make me anxious to do Body Beast again. What absolutely fantastic news about your uncle! I will continue to send every positive thought and prayer I can in his direction. Thank you for the invitation to the meditation class. Sadly, obviously, I read your post too late to join in. But I like the idea of a group session for Happy Hour. My grand niece seems to be back to normal and, thankfully, her parents didn’t get too sick (fever and coughs, but mild). So they are all on the road to recovery. Thank you for asking.

Laurie, great workout! Burpees aren’t my favorite either, so I am not sure how I would like that. I can handle a few but endless...nope! :p I have read a few things about the election there yesterday, and there did seem to be some issues with polling places (especially in Milwaukee) and absentee ballots not arriving on time. But, honestly, I had no idea that early voting was available, and that tells me I am only getting half a story. I don’t like that. But since it was the first election since the virus outbreak, I suppose it was always going to have more scrutiny than it otherwise would have. It did bring up some interesting issues for November, though. Having voted much my life through absentee ballots (military life) and having early voting available in other places, it really does amaze me to be in Alabama where the latter is not available, absentee ballots are discouraged and require a notary signature and a photo ID is needed for voting. Honestly, it doesn’t seem quite right to me for that many restrictions to be placed on voting since, again, I have voted nearly all my life using methods not allowed or openly discouraged here. So, hopefully, some productive discourse (key word being productive) taking this virus into consideration in November may come out of this. Again.....hopefully.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were Beginner Gentle, BB Build Back & Biceps and Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit. I also did the Japa Mala meditation class which was great. I pushed myself really hard on the BB workout. I still have DOMS!

We had a beautiful day here and our first amazing sunset of the season. The pollen is pretty bad though. I went out for a little 10-minute walk around our driveway just to stretch my legs and came back in with a very itchy nose.

My uncle had a setback but to me, it doesn't sound like a setback. During the doctor's update, she told my aunt that my uncle is still in danger. That was all she needed to hear and the flood gates opened up. She couldn't hear what the doctor was saying at that point. My aunt had a bad day but finally, in the afternoon she called me and told me that she called me because I give her strength. She added that she doesn't call her sister because she doesn't give her strength. I let her talk for a few minutes and tried to comfort her the best I could. Eventually, I was able to question her about the doctor's phone call. I asked why is it that he had a setback? The doctor told her that my uncle is not waking up the way they'd like him to wake up. I guess they want him more alert than he was the other day when he moved his hand, foot and stuck his tongue out. I eventually found out that his temp is normal, his kidneys and heart are OK. He's still on the reduced oxygen level. All that sounded to me like he's stable so I told her that. That right there made her feel better. She then remembered that the doctor told her that he possibly wasn't waking up because they've had him sedated too long. He was put in that induced coma on March 20th. I hope they're able to wake him up a little more tomorrow.

Laurie, I bet that HC Core workout was really good. My aunt wasn't in a good place today but yesterday she was thankful and hopeful. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for them. My family in El Salvador is doing well so far. Thanks for asking! The virus is in El Salvador and the country is under a very strict shelter in place order. My aunt doesn't leave the house but her husband doesn't get it and thinks that going to the convenience store is no big deal. Our convenience stores are nothing like the ones here. They're usually at the owner's house and you can't go inside. it's almost like a drive-through minus the drive part. He's still exposed to that person who sees customers all day long. I pray they will be OK.

Laurel, I can't believe your DH had to go into work so late last night! I wouldn't have been able to sleep after that either! I hope this time is for real and he won't have to go to the office for a while. I can't believe you went for Slow and Heavy after a bad night. Good for you! Great job!
    You will love BB when you do it again! I already don't want to strop doing BB workouts! LOL
    The meditation class will continue if you want to send the yoga studio an email asking about it.
    I've sent the instructor an email asking her how much private classes would cost. It would be fantastic if we could do a private class with Gwendolyn. I bought a necklace because I'm doing the meditations at home and you're supposed to repeat your mantra 108. The necklace has 108 beads so you don't really need to count in that case. I also asked Gwendolyn for a price range for the Mala necklace. I bought a very simple one and it was $35. The cost depends on the type of bead used. I've seen lots of inexpensive mala necklaces on Facebook but I don't know what kind of energy (?) those would have. These malas are very special and need to be treated with respect.

I'm so glad your little niece and her parents are OK!
    Thank you so much for keeping my uncle in your prayers!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma