Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Accountability buddy

hokeapril1234hokeapril1234 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
I need an accountability buddy to check in daily. I need to lose 20 lbs. Thanks!

Replies

• HuntressOfArtemis2020HuntressOfArtemis2020 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I'd join! I'm moving this fall and I want to have achieved my goals and start this new chapter of my life as the best, healthiest, most confident version of myself. I am 150 and hoping to be 110 in ~5 months.
  • StrongCrichStrongCrich Member Posts: 20 Member Member Posts: 20 Member
    I’m down add me! I need someone to help keep
    Me motivated on here
  • LJRS2019LJRS2019 Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    Me too... Just signed up to do a healthywage bet to lose 45lb by April 2021.
  • CareyAnn876CareyAnn876 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    entracy wrote: »
    @hokeapril1234 & @candacepw Me three! Let me know if you want to start a group!

Hey!
    I'm new. IS there a group? 😇
  • mnalsa83mnalsa83 Member, Premium Posts: 175 Member Member, Premium Posts: 175 Member
    Feel free to add me... I could use the same... just a little reminder nudge here!
    edited April 3
  • PatriceFitnessPalPatriceFitnessPal Member Posts: 87 Member Member Posts: 87 Member
    I’d like to check in with this group as a way to stay accountantable to my weight loss plan. I’m 53 and usually participate in some outdoor exercise activities (soccer & rowing) during the spring but the groups are not meeting because of the need for physical-distancing to prevent the spread of coronavirus in our area. So, I need to build new habits!

I’m a little over 5’4” and currently weigh 154 pounds. I’d like to lose about a pound per week until I weigh 125 pounds. So, I’m hoping to reach my goal in about 6 months (by the end of September 2020).

Right now, I’m focused on a shorter-term goal of moving from an “overweight” BMI to the normal range, which is 146 on the high end for my height, by the end of May. I stalled a bit at 155 for a few weeks during the slowdown caused by COVID-19, (supporting my work clients as they transitioned to distance-learning and Telehealth instead of instead of face-to-face interaction), a shoulder injury, and a detailed report that was due April 1st. Now that the report is behind me, I’m ready to get an exercise routine going.

What are others doing to stay active in new ways?
  • bickymcbickymc Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    I'd love some accountability buddies too .. Please add me 😊
    And I'd definitely be interested in joining a group if you start one up ❤
  • sarahpetty4118sarahpetty4118 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I’d like to start back up! Any runners in here? I only run outside. No treadmill yet 😬
  • PatriceFitnessPalPatriceFitnessPal Member Posts: 87 Member Member Posts: 87 Member
    I’m going to take a long walk with my dog tomorrow or run with my son (who runs ahead and double backs on my because he’s much faster ... and 18).

What do you and other group members plan to be accountable for tomorrow? Are we checking in each day here or at a different interval?

For now, I’m planning to check in after my run (or long walk tomorrow. Thanks!
    I’m going to take a long walk with my dog tomorrow ...

4/4/20 - I walked for about an hour or so. It was a leisurely pace but it felt great to get outside ... and take the first step in building a new routine.

Did you all meet today’s fitness goal? Let me know and, if not, tomorrow is a clean slate!
    edited April 4
    @CatieMay123 - Have you been keeping up with your Beach Body in Demand program?

@sarahpetty4118 - Have you had success continuing to run outside?

@mnalsa83 - This is just a little reminder nudge ... How are you doing in your health journey?

@CareyAnn876 - Did you find a low impact exercise that works for you? I’m not sure what the nature of your disability is but maybe we can help you with some ideas on how to adapt some at home workouts. Can you lift soup cans over your head or use one of those pedal cycles from a chair? Let us know how it’s going for you ...

@Healthytink - Have you been able to stick with your 1200 calorie limit? Maybe you can figure out a daily amount of that “tastes REALLY good’ food and allow yourself a certain amount each day within the 1200 allotment? I’m also trying to keep my calorie intake at 1200. Exercise helps me burn just enough calories for that extra treat when I need it.

@Crichlowc - What would help motivate you?

Others:
    @hokeapril1234 @candacepw @entracy @staceywallcer @HuntressOfArtemis2020 @averageflamingo @LJRS2019 @bickymc

Are you planning to post goals and updates here regularly?

4/5 Today, I will play a game of ‘spike ball’ in the yard with my younger son (and older son and husband if they want to join). That’s my only goal but I might go for a ‘bonus’ run or walk if I can motivate myself. Best wishes, everyone!