40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    I'm struggling with motivation to workout at home. Just walking into the gym always energizes me for a workout. The recliner - not so much. Obviously, I'm going to have to change that mindset. I will be a puny human when this is over if I don't start working out at home. Thanks for the inspiration, y'all!

I am exactly the same, with one exception: I not be a puny human. Just the opposite: I'm already noticing my pants are a tad snugger around the waist.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 2+3”=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Like most, I'm having to focus harder on staying the course in prep for racing. Having a coach helps me, as does being able to continue riding and running as I would normally. Dryland swim training....not so much. And I do miss the gym days.

Forecast is for ok weather around here this weekend, so my bike will come off the trainer for an outdoor ride. Yes!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!

• gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 2, Cardio 3 & Core 2”=Done!!!
  • ginafranklin2
    ginafranklin2 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm over 40. My goal is to lose weight and get healthy. Where are those people? LOL
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 3+1”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3, Cardio 1 & Core 2”=Done!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    I'm struggling with motivation to workout at home. Just walking into the gym always energizes me for a workout. The recliner - not so much. Obviously, I'm going to have to change that mindset. I will be a puny human when this is over if I don't start working out at home. Thanks for the inspiration, y'all!

Steve,

I feel you about motivation trying to workout at home. I know my family is sick of me. I feel like an animal trapped in a zoo.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

• caramelgyrlk
    Well I had to do something to not drive my self totally nuts. Found a really good mask and took a run in it.

I've already been told I look like a fighter in Mortal Kombat, Darth Vader's daughter and my favorite Lady K.

Laugh away at my creativity.

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited April 2020
    Love that look, Kym! You may start a new fashion trend. Good on 'ya for finding a way and the motivation to work out.

The local golf courses are closed, so I took the dog there for a couple of long walks this weekend. Hills and varied terrain and there is no traffic, so I can let her roam off the lead. I walked her there in the past, but I had to avoid the golfers.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    z6kiymdxvxpk.jpg
    Here’s me at work. LOL!

• caramelgyrlk
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    z6kiymdxvxpk.jpg
    Here’s me at work. LOL!

Love it.. Might as well add our creative genius to it.
  • HappyIsBeautiful70
    HappyIsBeautiful70 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey Everyone! My name is Pat. Nickname is Ninja so I’m really digging that mask in the post above me 👆🏻 totally badass. I spent my day playing in the dirt. I figure if we are living in the pre-walking dead era I need to learn how to grow my own veggies 🤷‍♀️lol
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    7 days and 7 nights into April.

I have worked out every day. Alternating weight-training days and cardio days.

My natural waist is down 1/2”, but my belly-button waist has not budged and my hips have not budged. There is still many inches to lose!

I have no idea what I weigh....I am going by the tape measure throughout the Pandemic.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!