LEGGINGS!

Hi all. What brand are your favorite leggings for not falling down, sucking in the core (aka mom pooch) but also not being too tight in the legs?
I don't want to spend a fortune and do not spend over $20 for leggings so if they are expensive I wait until they are on sale lol

Thank you!

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    For everything but running I’ve had good luck with Marika, which you can get on sale for about $12 on Zulily. The high waisted varieties are good for hiding that fupa, they come in good colors, and some have nice pockets.

They aren’t quick drying enough for running. For running, the best cheap leggings I’ve found are Fila, which you can find at Kohl’s. However, if you run a lot, I feel it’s worth it to spend more for at least a couple pairs of expensive leggings. The fit is just better with expensive brands.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I never owned leggings because they are tight and uncomfy around the belly.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Maybe the high waisted thick contour Tesla brand leggings on Amazon...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2020
    Look at tj Maxx if you have one

Oh wait, nvm. I’ve heard good things about yogalicious and 90 degree by reflex on Amazon. Both in the $20-$30 range. Maybe Check out the reviews...
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    I buy the Ododos brand on Amazon. They come in both full-length and capri length. The rise and length are just right for me, and they have pockets! Leggings can be tricky - not every fit is right for every body. For example, people love the Champion ones at Target, but they just do not work for me. The rise is weird on me.

These ones from Amazon are cheap, too. I think I pay around $12 for the capri, a little more for full-length.
  • brittanynicholex
    brittanynicholex Posts: 34 Member
    honestly, the Avia Brand workout leggings at walmart. got a couple pairs (WITH POCKETS!) for $16 a piece and founda few on clearance for $5 a few times. The fit great, and most designs are pretty slimming and I'm a big girl.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Cordy1228 wrote: »
    I buy the Ododos brand on Amazon. They come in both full-length and capri length. The rise and length are just right for me, and they have pockets! Leggings can be tricky - not every fit is right for every body. For example, people love the Champion ones at Target, but they just do not work for me. The rise is weird on me.

These ones from Amazon are cheap, too. I think I pay around $12 for the capri, a little more for full-length.

I have a pair of these too, I’ve had them for a couple years now. They are good quality (as far as I can tell) but they run pretty small... I’d go a size up if you get these
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Old Navy and Target C9 brand for cheap leggings. For some higher quality join Fabletics and get the two intro pair for $24/ea them cancel membership
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    Please don’t laugh at this suggestion, but I’ve bought some Target XL girls size leggings that have been equivalent to a S-M in women’s. They are $9.99 a pair, super fun colors (holographic mermaid leggings!), and fit just like the adult ones. And they pass the bend test.

I abuse them horribly, because for ten bucks a pair....🤷🏻‍♀️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited April 2020
    @Cordy1228 Based on this, I ordered the full-length Ododos (L). They didn't agree with my body while running last night. The wide waistband kept wanting to roll down my tummy. Not fun while outdoors lol

They've just gone through their first wash and are now airdrying.

While they have been immediately retired from running, they're going to be perfect for squats and other indoor weightlifting type stuff.

Edit: Also, did you know you can work your phone THROUGH the pockets?! I was amazed at how far we've come in textile technology!
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Gymshark!! They are perfect for plus size girls. If you carry a lot of weight on your hips and butt they smooth you out and make your butt look soooo hot!! I have a lot of cellulite around my butt but it doesn’t show through! The fabric is super high quality and doesn’t become see through even when you bend over. When you pull them on they stretch a LOT and you can stretch them up over your tummy to help hide your tummy fat. They do ride down when you go from sitting down to standing up, the waistband falls down below my belly roll again. So I am constantly pulling them up. However I have yet to find a pair of leggings that doesn’t do this if you have a large tummy. Overall I’m very impressed with these they are perfect if you have a plus size body!! :)

https://youtu.be/uS9n3ExYiuM
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    I like the higher waisted stuff by Calia (carrie underwood’s brand)