60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It promises to be up to the 60s again today. I plan to go out and move some junk/clean up yard from winter and look at those pea plants! Son has done 1 of 3 online school meetings already. Spelling and grammar are next unless he wants to do math.
    alligatorob Does your utility company have a program called MissUtility? They mark the various lines if you are doing work so you will MISS them. It is free and they just paint or stick flags in -- blue is water lines.
  • n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @barbiecat, @lindagalbreath577 , @j29t , @alteredsteve175 thank you all for the encouragement, it lifted my spirits! I am working at the office again today, we have a Board meeting tonight, county supervisors, they are limiting it to 10 people, but our County Administrator has interpreted the Gov order to read all personal plus 10 public. He is not doing much to follow the 6 ft rule either. Oh well, I am off tomorrow and through the weekend, so this too shall pass. Walked to work yesterday and today. It has turned cold again which I do not mind, but with it came the wind, gusts up to 20 mph, so it feels really cold, still about 45 but sunny. Not much else to report, I am hanging in there and still logging.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Went online to do grocery pickup thru a store here & the soonest time we could get is next Wed! Wow, guess it is really popular right now. Think we can make do without most of it until then, tho, & I should also be able to pick up my usual meds by then. Hubby might make an early morning run tomorrow (during senior time) to dash in, grab 2 things, & back out. I don't even want him to do that, but he doesn't want to wait til next week for it.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    7sorok wrote: »
    We went to the store yesterday because somebody stole my orders - everything went OK, I got my money back, but this is not the reason that I'm writing this post. While we were in line waiting for the store to open, I was walking and running in place for 45 min. Some people were cheering and that made my day. I made 5252 steps and MFP valued it as 63 extra calories. Not bad, not bad at all.

Be well everybody and keep your spirit up. Some people need a good cheer in such trying times, but we can do it and we will come out of this eventually. G-d help us all.

Great idea, @7sorok. I will remember that the next time I'm stuck in a queue somewhere!
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good afternoon 60 & uppers :) Thank you alteredsteve175, Fishwishing, j29t and lindagalbreath577 for your encouagement :blush: I do so appreciate it. However, I may have put it back on this week and then some B) ... Sorry I have been MIA this week, I have an eye infection and have to put salve in it twice a day which makes me very sensitive to the glare from my computer and phone... So not much time spent on either at this point.

Special thumbsup to alligatorob that is so cool... I am looking forward to that kind of reading on my scale :)

Hello to any newbies, sorry I haven't been around, but I will later, promise :smiley:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)

Shout out to my friends <3

• Fishwishing
    Fishwishing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Had some really nice weather this week so I was able to get out and bike the Katy Trail three days in a row! Today it is cloudy and colder with rain chances this evening and tomorrow. It is supposed to even drop down into the mid-30's tonight. Brrr! I was hoping we were past those temperatures but looks like we're not. I have some lettuce and scallion seeds I want to plant but better wait a bit longer. Since I live in a condo, all my plants are in pots. This year I've decided to mix it up with some veggies as well as flowers. The scale is not moving despite my bike riding but that's okay. I have plenty of time. I haven't tried online grocery shopping yet but that may be in my future. I'm told that today at Wal-Mart here there was only one entrance/exit open and they were allowing in only a certain number of shoppers at one time. There was a long line of people waiting outside and not all were social distancing correctly. I'm not keen on the idea of standing in long lines, although it would a good time to exercise as 7sorok did. I am a bit depressed at the thought of Easter with no family get-together but this too shall pass. Everyone stay healthy and safe!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Greetings, everyone. Made it through another work week. A couple of long walks with the dog on this weekend's agenda. And the usual chores around the house.

What do you have planned for this weekend?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) hello to all. The story is the same here--dog walking, dancing, riding the exercise bike, reading, listening to audiobooks, watching TV It's a good life except that Sasha, the poodle, doesn't understand why we see almost no people and the ones we see don't pet her or even come close to her. Hubby spends time on the phone or playing games on the computer.
    <3 Barbie from NW WA
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Annpt77 your hellebores are pretty I need to get some of those they are pretty. I am making mask my daughter in-law she is a pharmacist and wants mask made for them so that’s what I am doing . We’ve had rain so doing indoor crafts to stay busy. Hubby has been watching Fox News all the time aaaarrrrrgggggg!!!! I get tired of the news nothing good or uplifting about it!! So I am in my craft room with the music on! Ok everyone have a great day and good weekend! Stay healthy!
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Hope everyone is doing well. I've been staying busy in spite of being totally confined to my small unit. Was a little blue about having to remit the balance due on the big vacation rental house week that I'm sure won't even happen. That beach county is closed to visitors and non-resident owners and my state is under stay at home mandate until after my vacation dates. I hope I'll get my money refunded as it's not clear yet if insurance purchased will be valid or if owners/property management will refund my total payment. Anyway, to help chase the blues away I've been pulling up my favorite Surfchex webcam, asking Alexa skills to play beach wave sounds and walking around my little home barefoot and thinking of how much I love walking on the beach.
    I did a detour to get a peak of the beach there last trip to see the Grandkids so I'll keep this memory alive until I can reschedule our family beach vacation.
    900e4fl0t945.jpg
    @josephinebowman - glad your peas are bringing you joy.
    @lindagalbreath577 - nature walks sound glorious. Good for you staying craft centered.
    @n2gardens56 - are you in VA? Class 1 misdemeanor by not adhering to social distancing recommendations or utilizing teleworking as much as possible. Please stay safe.
    @RetiredAndLovingIt - Hope you can shop safely. Amazon fresh here is "temporarily sold out of delivery times."
    @lynnchristy - hope your eye heels quickly and easily.
    @Fishwishing - bike rides are a big victory. Hope you can shop during uncrowded time.
    @alteredsteve175 - enjoy your walks. "Plans for the weekend" LOL trying to remember what day it is.
    @barbiecat - snuggle Sasha for me.
    @AnnPT77 - thanks for chiming it, I know it's tough up there. Your Lenten Rose are so beautiful. Lovely variety.

Stay safe, distanced and well.
    Wishing all of you the best. Hope you find peace today. Om...

• n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy Saturday! Went for a hike today and yesterday on my local trail, which has been clear of other people, not many know about it...which I love. Took a photo to share. Also getting in yoga everyday. Love everyone's posts, keep showing up, it really cheers us up. @j29t my boss says we are exempt because we are a Gov office, which is true, we have to keep things going, but will continue to work at home as much as possible, thanks for caring about me!! :) Have a great day! v643au7gvn8x.jpg
    uns6d1v6622h.jpg
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Worked outside a bit yesterday and napped today. Been eating a lot so I am unhappy about gaining but I can gain/lose any day around 4 pounds. Will worry a different day. It sounds like we are all perking along. That's good! Take care and wear masks if you have to go out.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) This is for all of us who are spending a lot of time at home doing crafts:
    dt4rkllafjp5.jpg
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've got to get back to walking. I quit when all the virus stuff started, but there's really no reason not to start it back up, since the only other walkers I would see would be a block or so away. Not getting that exercise means I've been taking in more calories than I'm expending lately, with the expected results. Drats - I want to come out of seclusion having lost weight, not gained it!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)bethe,You will feel so much better if you start walking every day outside. There is so much research that shows that walking is good for you in so many ways in addition to burning calories. I walk every morning and every afternoon. I am fortunate to live in a neighborhood with very few other people out walking and trees and a view of the mountains. Daffodils are coming up in yards and there are a few blossoming cherry trees.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pippo_11
    pippo_11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bethe wrote: »
    I've got to get back to walking. I quit when all the virus stuff started,

No reason to stop walking unless it’s illegal where you live. Just keep 2m/6ft away from anyone else and you’ll be ok. I don’t know what I’ll do if they ban exercise :o
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I resumed walking today, and got 6000+ steps in. Took two walks with the dogs. On the first one, Audie Murphy slipped his collar so I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to catch him (he loves to dance around and run - grrrrr). Lol - I finally caught him when a cat faced him down, trapping him in a fence corner. What a BRAT!!!