March Challenge 2020

WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
I can't believe we are already in March, this year is flying by!

If you have any goals/thoughts that you want to share, feel free to do so here!

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    My goals:
    • Lose weight
    • Stay in deficit and lose weight
    • Really, just stay in deficit and lose any amount of weight :#
    • Should probably exercise more too
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @puffbrat Great goals!

Also just realized I didn't add my own but all of yours applies to me as well.

March Goals:
    • Lose weight
    • Intentional exercise at least 2 times a week

• puffbrat
    I have decided to try a new approach this month. I'll see how it works and readjust if needed. My biggest problem lately is staying in any deficit much less within my calorie goal. I have also been really bad for the last couple years of getting into a habit of regular intentional exercise.

I have always had my activity level set to sedentary. I know I am naturally a very sedentary person at home and on the weekends, and I now work an almost exclusively desk job. But I also know that the calorie goal MFP sets is a little low for me and I will lose more weight than projected when I actually stay within goal even if I have one day a week of eating at maintenance.

So, this month I changed my activity setting to lightly active. Instead of trying to make myself exercise X times per week, right now I will focus on getting a minimum of 5000 steps per day to "earn" that lightly active designation. I previously had my calorie goal manually set to lose 0.75lb/week, but changed it to 1lb/week when I changed my activity level. This still gave me an extra 120 calories per day within goal. At this time, I'm assuming a maintenance range of 2010-2230. I made the change last Monday and have so far stayed in a deficit every day, even the two days I didn't hit my step goal.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @puffbrat that's awesome!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, didn't meet either of those goals this month.

April Challenge has been posted here
  • puffbrat
    I actually did stay in a deficit and lose. My new method seems to helping me lose and be at least a little more active.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @puffbrat That's great!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    So apparently my March weight only went down 1/2 a pound. lol.
    @puffbrat yaaay! good job
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @Alioth Hey a loss is a loss right? haha.
This discussion has been closed.