Accountability buddy

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    P.S. Remember to bookmark this page if you want to receive future updates. I won’t use the @yourname in the future because I don’t want to spam anyone who already matched up with a specific accountability buddy or has moved on.
  • CatieMay123
    CatieMay123 Posts: 26 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal yesterday was cardio day in the beach body program. Let’s just say I felt like I was dying... but I got through it. I did well eating throughout the day, but ended up having a couple drinks last night. I was still close to my calorie goal though, and I’m getting back in it today!

Have fun playing spike ball today! That’s so nice you can stay active and get your entire family involved. I find walks so relaxing. No matter your pace, you’ll burn calories doing it. I’ve been trying to do 2 miles after dinner. Even when I don’t want to, once I’m done I’m glad I did it. Keep up the good work!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @CatieMay123 - Good for you, powering through your workout and staying on track with your calorie intake! Let me know how your day went when you get a chance. Go Catie!

4/5 - I played spike ball with both sons. I won’t be challenging anyone to a game with confidence any time soon, but it was fun and nice to spend time together. There is a track near the field where we played so I ran a couple of laps before heading home. It was just a half mile run (at a decent pace) so I’ll try to build up my stamina and gradually add mileage. My husband made a healthy dinner so it was a reasonably successful day. For tomorrow, I’ll take a run around the neighborhood before starting work. I’ll see if 8:00am works as a good start time but might need to start earlier or later after testing out some options this week. I’ll start with 30 minutes and see how that goes.
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal I was doing good till dinner. I ended up with a 2nd plate. Turned out better than I thought. Today was my off day... hubby and I use it just relaxing, spending some QT & catching up on tv shows (we don't watch them during the wk).
    Thanks for asking!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @mnalsa83 It’s good to have a day when your mind is free of calorie tracking. I’m looking forward to a time when my routine feels so natural that I don’t have to treat eating and exercise tracking as something that requires specific time from my day. I think it will take a bit of practice. Thanks for helping to keep me accountable. I’ll look forward to an update tomorrow ... or next time you can check in ...
  • jvando74
    jvando74 Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi guys, can I jump in, too? I’m a runner, a mom of two, and I eat pretty well...until after dinner and the kids go to bed and then it’s like sugar bomb time! Need help breaking that cycle. I’m actually really close to my goal, but can’t quite get there and this has been going on for 6 years!! I can help with the good daily eating, healthy food choices, good recipes, general nutrition, and regular exercise motivation if you all can help me step away from the peanut M & Ms after 8pm!!;)
  • LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member
    Hello everyone,
    Such a great idea and yes definitely will add my goals. I guess this is the time it needs to stick which is all on me. I have pulled out every accountability procedure I can think of but the biggest thing is nurturing that change in mindset, which is particularly fragile right now.

I have set a massive goal which is something I have wanted for 10 years which is to be strong, be lean, be educated about myself and about how best to accomplish those goals and be bloody determined. That's where I am headed but I have finally heeded the advise. Start small. Make small changes.

Change number 1 is just reducing the amount that I eat. At the moment I don't care about what is going in I just want it to be less. (I do care really but my problem has always been to much to soon)

Change number 2 just move your *kitten*. I have a 4mile walk plotted around my area and that's what I will walk every day.

This is week one (started Thursday evening) and each day has had a varying degrees of difficulty. I went over calories yesterday by 250 and felt miserable. I went to bed in the end and refused to talk myself out of any of this. Today is a new day. I will be better. I will be kind. I will watch embarrassing motivational videos on YouTube, I will go for a walk, I will be kind to myself and smile at all the people that I see. I think this is where my success is going to be, the constant monitoring of my internal speech and thoughts. I have to start being nice to the woman I have battered for ten years (myself to clarify lol).

Finally, some superficial goals that if they happen will economically help me but if they don't I'dget over it. 1. Signed up to a personal training course. I feel I can start to apply things to myself. 2. 600 bet down for a 45lb loss. Total winnings will be 1917. I am thinking this will be enough to get my personal training business of the ground, if I am successful.

How is everyone today?

Oh and stats

Female, 5ft1 weighing 205lb
    Goal: 160lb
  • CatieMay123
    CatieMay123 Posts: 26 Member
    @mnalsa83 I was guilty of a second helping of turkey chili last night. Sometimes, it happens. I used to think if I got off track the slightest bit then I failed for the day and I would just binge for the rest of it. It was a never ending cycle. Now I tell myself I can eat anything in moderation, with exercise and calorie tracking.

@PatriceFitnessPal when it comes to running you have to start somewhere! A half mile is a great start. Sounds like you had a very productive day. I convinced my fiancé to go on a 3 mile walk with me after dinner. Don’t you know after all that cardio, walking, and eating 1250 calories that I wake up having gained weight! I can’t stop the habit of weighing myself daily. I know it’s not always a good reflection of progress.

@LJRS2019 and @jvando74 welcome!

@jvando74 I have a sweet tooth too. It gets me all the time. I really like the Quest protein bars. I usually eat half of one a day for a snack. They taste amazing, they’re sweet, and help with my cravings. I also just purchased lady boss lean protein powder. It’s a bit expensive but by far the best one I’ve had. It tastes like a vanilla milkshake. Also, PB2 is a great substitute for regular peanut butter and you could make healthy chocolate peanut butter snacks at home!

@LJRS2019 It can be really hard to stick to a certain amount of calories. I know you’ve probably heard this a lot but try eating 6 small meals a day. You want food high in protein to keep you full longer. I just ordered a bunch of Kay’s protein snacks off amazon. They have a bunch of different flavors. They’re low in calories, less carbs, 15g of protein, and they taste amazing! The cinnamon almond cookie bites are my favorite. It’s the cheapest protein snack I could find that was good quality. They average to $1/bag. I love that you signed up for personal training. I absolutely love team training too! Money is great motivation. Let us know how that goes.

Today I’m continuing the Beach Body on Demand 80 day obsession program. It’s leg day today. 😅 Hopefully I can push myself to get out and walk after dinner.
  • jvando74
    Good morning everyone! Well, good morning here in California, not sure where the rest of you are. :)

@LJRS2019 Keep up the good attitude! It is a new day. The 4 mile walk sounds great. Really good mental health break and great exercise to boot. Also you might try picking a favorite appropriate breakfast and eat that every (or almost every day) so that you start the day off right with little decision making. I do 1/2c 0% plain Greek yogurt, 1/2c berries, 1tbsp sliced almonds, 1tbsp grape nuts cereal (or kashi nuggets when I can get them). This works for me and fuels my run (along with a nonfat latte with honey!). Something else might work well for you.

Last night I did better, but not great on the after dinner snacking. I ended up ~80 calories under for the day — enough to not keep gaining, but not enough to start losing. I’m aiming for a 200-500 calorie deficit per day for weight loss.

I’m dressed for my morning run and am determined to get all my core work done today ( I don’t work on Monday’s and the kids are on Spring Break so no home school today so I’m hopeful I can get it all in). I think the gatekeeper to nighttime snacking for me might be not getting enough sleep. I often stay up too late trying to psych myself into finishing the core work I didn’t get to during the day. I think I need to prioritize sleeping more!

Today’s goals:
    Run
    Core work
    Minimal sugar post dinner
    200-500 calorie deficit at end of day

Let’s do this!!

• mnalsa83
    @mnalsa83 I was guilty of a second helping of turkey chili last night. Sometimes, it happens. I used to think if I got off track the slightest bit then I failed for the day and I would just binge for the rest of it. It was a never ending cycle. Now I tell myself I can eat anything in moderation, with exercise and calorie tracking.

You are absolutely right!

• mnalsa83
    jvando74 wrote: »
    you all can help me step away from the peanut M & Ms after 8pm!!;)

Got your back!
  • jvando74
    Nice! Looks good!!
  • MYwGoal15
    MYwGoal15 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Since this COVID-19 has taken over and shut my work down I have had a terrible terrible time with binge eating.. emotional eating I’m not sure. I have lost 60 lbs since 2017 but just in these two weeks of being off the scale numbers are rising. I am a mom of two young kids and would really like to have a person to hold be reliable or check in on eachother to make sure we aren’t slipping with eating... anyone else have this problem? ☺️
  • NudeBliss
    NudeBliss Posts: 1 Member
    Anyone still need a buddy??
  • mnalsa83
    @MYwGoal15
    MYwGoal15 wrote: »
    Hello. I am a mom of two young kids and would really like to have a person to hold be reliable or check in on eachother to make sure we aren’t slipping with eating... anyone else have this problem? ☺️
    Mine aren't young anymore but still a handful. we're all here for accountability and motivation in some shape or form, so you've come to the right place. Feel free to reach out in a DM if you feel like you need a pick me up! We've all been there.

@CatieMay123
    Let’s do this! 💪🏻
    How are you making out with 80 day?

@NudeBliss always looking for more.
  • mnalsa83
    jvando74 wrote: »
    I think the gatekeeper to nighttime snacking for me might be not getting enough sleep.
    Today’s goals:
    Run
    Core work
    Minimal sugar post dinner
    200-500 calorie deficit at end of day

@jvando i know how late night snacking goes... thats been my demon lately. how did your day turn out?
  • jvando74
    So far pretty good: done with dinner, had a cookie with the kids and am at a 200 calorie deficit for the day. But now I’m in the danger zone. It’s 7:15pm, the kids are getting ready for bed and this is when I usually start to snack. I’m full from a good dinner right now, but I know the urge to eat those peanut M&Ms my husband bought (thank you???) is going to get really strong after 8pm when the kids are asleep and I’m sitting on the couch. Plus, I’ve only done half my core work for the day. Need some words of encouragement!!
  • LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member