What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    Coffee.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Oven Baked Pasta--Large tubular pasta (12 min cooking time, cooked 6 min), Tomato sauce, brodo (broth), garlic, fresh basil, EVOO, mozzarella, and Parmigiano Reggiano. Baked half an hour in a very hot oven. Some of my family likes it slightly charred on top .
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    cheery tomatoes cheese and boiled egg salad with mayo, carrot cream soup
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited April 2020
    Oatmeal pancake made with quick oats, cottage cheese and an egg. Sugar free syrup on top. Delicious and filling!
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Broiled turkey tenderloins, broccoli pasta with Parmesan, corn on the cob, grapes, Rhodes dinner rolls.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    In my slow cooker now: Chicken thighs, Green onions, Portabella mushrooms, Celery, Sweet rice and Miso, dashi, ginger slices. Covered with water. I envision soupy risotto. It'll be dinner later today. Hope it turns out good!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    Beef lok lak and a side of rice. Khmer lime pepper sauce not in shot.
    5febye3cdf3f.jpeg

• weatherking2019
    My breakfast smoothie: Almond milk, Banana, Orgain powder, Matcha, Peanut butter and ice.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Liver & onions for breakfast here.🍴

WTH?!?! And I didn't get an invite???

@just_Tomek - you are always invited! I hope you bring some protein cheesecake for dessert haha
    👍🏻
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Baked pork chops and rice with sautéed corn.
  • weatherking2019
    Chicken wings, Kidney bean rice with celery sticks!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Basmati rice with chickpeas, EVOO, rosemary, and garlic.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Lockdown Vegan Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

After a couple of days' eating a beefy Shepherd's Pie (posted above somewhere), I transitioned to a vegan entree for the next couple of dinners. Other than fresh carrots and the cabbage, all items are from our pantry stores. Vegan stuffing of freshly-cooked dried lentils with a rice blend (Rice Select Royal Blend ["Texmati" brown and wild rice, wheat and rye berries], shredded carrots, flavorings - including the rice being cooked with a generous portion of mixed dehydrated vegetables for a good flavor boost. Similar in intent to Polish golabki. Very tasty and filling, but took a surprising amount of labor to produce (mostly around my novice attempts at peeling intact leaves off a head of cabbage). Admittedly, the cabbage was a little al dente, I won't win any awards for rolling skills and I over produced the amount of stuffing needed (which won't go to waste); these are lessons for next time. MFP approximates each roll at 248cals, 10g protein, 2g fat, 48g carbs [rolls vary slightly in the size of the leaf used to stuff]. Enough for the family for two nights' dinner, plus.

First pic is the stuffing ready to go, second are the rolls out of the oven.

fs6ggbyqsst9.jpg

olrjnzkzvgdu.jpg

• weatherking2019
    Udon for kids. Spinach, Wonton and half an egg as toppings.