I'm really struggling...does anyone want to be accountabilibuddies?

Since I've been quarantined (3 weeks) I've put on a lot of weight :( going out and about and keeping myself busy was one of the ways I cope with my binge eating/emotional eating and now I can't do that and am struggling bad. Can't believe how much weight I've let myself put on. Hoping there is someone on this app who would be accountability buddies with me and help keep each other motivated

Replies

• Sbrnwht
    Sbrnwht Posts: 3 Member
    Same! We are in Germany and its been crazy. We’ve had good weather. I’m just trying to do something active for 30 min each day. Eating is still not perfect but i feel a little better about myself by doing a workout, run or walk.
  • Sbrnwht
    Sbrnwht Posts: 3 Member
    Add me on MFP and we can help each other out!
  • becoming_the_best_me
    becoming_the_best_me Posts: 66 Member
    Sbrnwht wrote: »
    Add me on MFP and we can help each other out!

I just added you
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    You can't go out at all? 😕
  • becoming_the_best_me
    edited April 2020
    You can't go out at all? 😕

No not really. We live downtown so it's pretty impossible to walk without running into people even when I'm crossing the street and going weird ways to avoid people. We're not supposed to be going out at all other than for absolute necessity
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I have been doing zoom exercise classes on my laptop, logging my calories, dont want to be fat after all this is over.
  • KyaLeanGreen
    KyaLeanGreen Posts: 17 Member
    Since I've been quarantined (3 weeks) I've put on a lot of weight :( going out and about and keeping myself busy was one of the ways I cope with my binge eating/emotional eating and now I can't do that and am struggling bad. Can't believe how much weight I've let myself put on. Hoping there is someone on this app who would be accountability buddies with me and help keep each other motivated

@becoming_the_best_me same here 😩 I’ve put so much weight on stress eating/binge eating/ emotional eater as well. Add me on here and we can push each other to get through this ❤️
  • hunibun2003
    hunibun2003 Posts: 4 Member
    You can add me . I have 40 lbs to lose. I'm still working but it's scary times right now
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    feel free to add me...

I'm still working and my schedule is all over the place. Could use the same accountability to just keep my self moving and away from the fridge when boredom strikes.

do you notice if there is a trend to when you might be snacking. Maybe we can all come up with ways to deter the urge by finding other things to occupy that time.

I know for me, it's when I get home from work & dinner is cooking, I'm in the kitchen and can't wait, so i reach for a handful of this or that to munch on. Wouldn't be so bad, except then I am not hungry for dinner any more.
  • becoming_the_best_me

@becoming_the_best_me same here 😩 I’ve put so much weight on stress eating/binge eating/ emotional eater as well. Add me on here and we can push each other to get through this ❤️

I added you!
  • becoming_the_best_me
    mnalsa83 wrote: »
    feel free to add me...

I'm still working and my schedule is all over the place. Could use the same accountability to just keep my self moving and away from the fridge when boredom strikes.

do you notice if there is a trend to when you might be snacking. Maybe we can all come up with ways to deter the urge by finding other things to occupy that time.

I know for me, it's when I get home from work & dinner is cooking, I'm in the kitchen and can't wait, so i reach for a handful of this or that to munch on. Wouldn't be so bad, except then I am not hungry for dinner any more.

It's when I'm home which is all the time right now since we're quarantined. It's definitely more than snacking for me, when I'm home relaxing I get the strong urge to crazy binge
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    It's when I'm home which is all the time right now since we're quarantined. It's definitely more than snacking for me, when I'm home relaxing I get the strong urge to crazy binge

I know it's not fun, but are there any household chores to preoccupy yourself.... decluttering, sorting for donations, wiping down walls ... no joke I do this at times to keep myself busy and my mind off snacking. A book to read. An adult coloring book.