Men in their 50's and 60's Training Hard Looking for W/O Partners

I'm looking for a virtual workout partner (or a few) for accountability and sharing notes and ideas. Yes, we are all on lock down and I've collected some heavy things to train in the garage. Since the picture below added my dad's old napsack for the Marine Corp (Korea). Put about 85lbs of sand in it. Hung the rings from the ceiling. I usually went to a real muscle head gym and miss the environment.

It's a little different for those of us older. Just trying to maintain muscle rather than build it. Although I'm planning to come out of this RIPPED for an old guy. I could use some ideas for training in a garage gym with homemade equipment.

Game on?

42we7fgn888d.jpg

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    No tips to share, really, as I'm not a guy in this age range lol but I dated a guy in his mid-50s who had the most defined 6-pack I'd seen in a while! He said he just plays soccer with friends, runs, and likes lifting heavy stuff (he's a mover on the weekends as a side hustle...that pays him to "exercise").

Suffice it to say, I appreciate the work you're putting in with this set-up! It's 100% functional at the same time. I think that's the key: functional movement.

But again, what do I know? 🤷🏿‍♀️

Enjoy getting ripped!
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 320 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Enjoy getting ripped!

Thanks, it helps when I'm starting from my goal weight. I just need to put the cookies down and pick up those stones. :smiley:
  • theclaw900
    Jim, "Ripped" is a relative term! Still I have to have some goals lol. I've had those rings for a while, homemade! I will check Youtube. I'm building my list of what I can do with the tools I have.
  • theclaw900
    edited April 2020
    April 6, 2020

Warmup: Jump Rope, 1min on/1min rest 5x, Air squats 5 rounds, 40,40,35,35,25
    Work:
    -Sandbag squats 85# 4x12 (harder than I thought, bag is old Marine Sea Bag, hard to grab)
    -Crab walk with Black Band, 20ft up and down, 5x
    -Bear walk with Black Band, 20 ft up and down, 5x
    -Weighted bridges 25# 4x10
    -Tire Drag 25# down to end of the street and back before the rope broke