Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 1,967 Member Member Posts: 1,967 Member
    People that still call into radio stations to ask some stupid question that would've taken 5 seconds to google

And then you have to listen to their mundane back and forth that leads into the next song

How about both of you shut your mouths so the listeners who still listen to the radio can enjoy the damn songs. It's not the 1990s anymore. Stop calling radio stations asking when the next lynard skynard giveaway raffle is. Ponytailed jabronis.

Lmao you said JABRONIS...
    Oldie but goodie

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,202 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,202 Member
    It irks me that the commercials showing the suffering animals are longer than all the other commercials.
    I can’t watch or even listen to them.
  • that_night_in_paristhat_night_in_paris Member Posts: 457 Member Member Posts: 457 Member
    Live chat help but it's just a robot spitting back the closest answer. Go to hell
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 18,356 Member Member Posts: 18,356 Member
    It irks me that the commercials showing the suffering animals are longer than all the other commercials.
    I can’t watch or even listen to them.

My first thought of when I see those commercials of the starving kids in Africa:

Put down your camera and give the kid a sandwich.
  • TarryTaffyTwoTarryTaffyTwo Member Posts: 448 Member Member Posts: 448 Member
    Live chat help but it's just a robot spitting back the closest answer. Go to hell

I didn't know they were robo helpers. I'm naive & fell for the live promise.

But, agreed, they've certainly never been helpful.
    Irk is an understatement ... when people say “TP” in real life and not the full words. Makes me when to elbow them in the lip.
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Irk is an understatement ... when people say “TP” in real life and not the full words. Makes me when to elbow them in the lip.

We had to say bathroom paper as a kid cuz my mum told us toilet was a rude word. Disclaimer: I'm 400-yrs old, so different times.

To this day, when I say bathroom paper, people ask what that means, then say I'm nuts to call it that. When I hear toilet paper, I still shudder... my dainty ears. I once saw a brand labeled "bath roll". Maybe that could become our national standard.

giphy.gif
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member

We had to say bathroom paper as a kid cuz my mum told us toilet was a rude word. Disclaimer: I'm 400-yrs old, so different times.

To this day, when I say bathroom paper, people ask what that means, then say I'm nuts to call it that. When I hear toilet paper, I still shudder... my dainty ears. I once saw a brand labeled "bath roll". Maybe that could become our national standard.

giphy.gif

I think even toilet paper companies don’t call it toilet paper. They call it bathroom tissue.
  • thereshegoesagainthereshegoesagain Member Posts: 987 Member Member Posts: 987 Member

giphy.gif

I have rolls that only appear when taking a bath.

giphy.gif

I think even toilet paper companies don’t call it toilet paper. They call it bathroom tissue.

Yes, that's probably right. It's one of those things I never notice, like the brand name Kleenex. I call any brand Kleenex, when I think they're all labeled facial tissue.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxXXxFunctionalStrengthxX Member, Premium Posts: 2,311 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,311 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    1) I love my daughter.
    2) I realize movie night really is about togetherness.

However with all that being said, we had family movie night the last two nights and my kid drives me looney as she talks through the movies, asks 50 questions, critiques everything, offers unwanted opinions on everything, attempts to predict everything and narrates EVERYTHING as if we can't see, hear, or figure out what is going on for ourselves. Little things that irk me: people who talk through movies!

I feel your pain. At home, at least it's a limited audience. Going to a movie theater and having people talk to, or yell at the movie, look at their phones, etc. gets to me. Though, I still enjoy.

My favourite is beligerant punk teens thinking they own the place. They shut their yaps, or leave, when you threaten to call management and have them removed because you explain to them you know they snuck in and didn't pay for tickets.
  • tinak33tinak33 Member Posts: 9,886 Member Member Posts: 9,886 Member

giphy.gif

I kinda think you are all sorts of adorable. 💕
  • that_night_in_paristhat_night_in_paris Member Posts: 457 Member Member Posts: 457 Member
    It really irks when I order something online and 2 days later I get an email saying the "order has been cancelled, item is not in stock". What kind of ham and egger operation are you running over there, Susie's Toyz.
  • tinak33tinak33 Member Posts: 9,886 Member Member Posts: 9,886 Member
    It really irks when I order something online and 2 days later I get an email saying the "order has been cancelled, item is not in stock". What kind of ham and egger operation are you running over there, Susie's Toyz.

Had that happen to me, but they waited 3 months to tell me that. 😒
    tinak33 wrote: »

giphy.gif

I kinda think you are all sorts of adorable. 💕

Ah, you're too kind. Thank you for the well needed boost today! :blush:
  • Fit_witty_attorneyFit_witty_attorney Member, Premium Posts: 28 Member Member, Premium Posts: 28 Member
    Little thing that irks me: a phone/conference call with someone that is eating. Undoubtedly it’s always the crunchiest salad ever made. 😂
    When people send direct snaps to me of their steering wheel with music blasting in the background.... am I supposed to care?
  • PlentyofProtein00PlentyofProtein00 Member Posts: 1,823 Member Member Posts: 1,823 Member
    When people send direct snaps to me of their steering wheel with music blasting in the background.... am I supposed to care?

Yes. And a thank you would suffice.
  • midlomel1971midlomel1971 Member Posts: 1,269 Member Member Posts: 1,269 Member
    Houses that have an architectural style that doesn’t match its location. Like an adobe style home in Virginia or a colonial style house in So Cal.