Replies

• osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    4/5
    1) Log food - yes. Way over my calorie goal but I did log
    2) Yoga - yes
    3) Hike - yes
    5) Coaching cast - yes
    6) Do not look at work email - day two of not checking email. This was a good choice to alleviate stress on the weekend.

4/6
    1) Log food
    2) Yoga
    3) 3 mile run
    5) Coaching cast
    6) Dumb bell work out
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    Hello all...

Is there someone on here who can answer me this puzzle? :smile:

I am not sure if I completely understand calories needed in relation to calories burned.
    Every day, I go into my Fitness Pal account (I tell them how much I weigh and what my weight loss goal is; then log in daily and log my food and exercise).

The Food journal says that my total calorie goal for the day is 1,200; when I add my cardio exercises for the day the number of calories “goal” for the day increases.

For example: today I start out with 1,200 calories. As I logged the cardio exercises I’ve done, it says “[I’ve] earned 269 extra calories from exercise today”. Bringing the “Daily Goal” for calories up to 1,469… if I only eat 1,125 calories, will that cause my body to hold onto the weight because I still have 344 calories remaining?

Or am I supposed to eat 1,469 calories to make up for the calories burned?

Hi Sarah!

MFP is designed to put your calorie goal at a deficit so you lose weight according to the stats you entered. If you burn extra calories, you’re supposed to eat those calories back to maintain the same deficit. If you don’t eat at least some of them back you’ll run the risk of under-eating. (Especially at a 1200 calorie goal. That’s the minimum a female should eat without any exercise.)

Some of the fit bit devices tend to over estimate calories, so as Snowflake said, you might want to eat a little less than the full amount it calculated.

If you want a more detailed answer, I suggest posting this question in one of the other boards. The “Getting Started” board has some folks there that can break it down for you better than I can!

Good luck!

I agree with that! ^^

I never used to eat my burnt calories back and tbh it didn't help! Probs where I was going wrong lol!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Just for Sunday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. WATER and DECAF TEA :)
    3. Lymphatic massage x2 :)
    4. knee exercises :sNot only did I NOT do the knee exercises...I got my bicycle out and went for a ride that was partially uphill and my knee is screaming at me today. My bad!
    5. Gentle chair yoga or Calm app meditation :)
    6. 30 minutes intentional activity :)Yard work and bicycle ride. Was awesome to be outside!
    7. Declutter,10 minutes :)
    8. Gratitude journal / inspirational readings / early to bed and lights out at 10 :)

Cloudy and gray out today, but there is no snow on the ground and the lawn is starting to get green in some places, so I'll take it! Yesterday I did quite a bit outside in the yard, including removing leaves from covering flowers, strawberries, etc. So... @cschmitz110515 if it snows in Green Bay in the next few days, it's probably my fault. ;)

Sounds like there may be more furloughs coming at the organization where I work, but I can't worry about something I cannot control. Just taking things one day at a time. Doing okay with maintaining my weight.

@toaljasa So nice to see you! HUGS! Stay safe!

@ZizzyBumble You made that sweater yourself? That is awesome! So pretty! I could never do something like that.

@Kuhl50 Those flowers are so pretty! Thank you for sharing. Purple flowers are my favorite...especially grape hyacinths and lilacs.

@beachwalker99 My thoughts and prayers are with you all in NY/NJ area. I'm so happy your husband is home with you now!

Just for Monday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. WATER and DECAF TEA
    3. Lymphatic massage x2
    4. knee exercises
    5. Gentle chair yoga / Calm app meditation
    6. 30 minutes intentional activity
    7. Declutter,10 minutes
    8. Gratitude journal / inspirational readings / early to bed and lights out at 10

WOTY: Persistence
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Monday Action Plan😀
    1. Wake at 0620, pill,pets, pill
    2. On computer, video ready at 0655😀
    3. walk +squats + dumbbell row, yoga👿
    4. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk👿
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean😀
    6. Lunch= salad + chili😀
    7. Dinner = salad + family food😀
    8. Meditate😀
    9. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30👿

Bunny Goal: 30 minutes of exercise or else 10k steps each day
    March 19,20,21,22,23,24,26,27,28,29,
    30,31, Apr 1,2,3,5
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Not sure I even posted here last night, though I did make my list. Didn’t do so great on my list—last 3 days have felt slightly depressed, uninterested in doing anything much except watch TV. Sewed a few masks, got a last grocery run in, but generally feeling very blah. Doesn’t help that I’m staying green on calories but no scale movement. And I have developed shin splints. Whine whine whine. One of those times I guess. Hoping to find some overall motivation soon.

Stay safe everyone!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Wake at 0730, pill,pets, pill
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk
    3. Healthy breakfast—protein pancakes, apple, and blackberries
    4. On computer, video ready at 0855
    5. Cleanup office
    6. Setup new monitor
    7. Start pot roast
    8. By noon decide walk or bike and do it
    9. squats + arm weights, abs, yoga
    10. Lunch= salad + chicken
    11. Put away 2019 files
    12. Organize 2019 taxes
    13. Dinner = pot roast + roast veggies
    14. Meditate
    15. Upstairs by 10, journal, lights out 10: 30
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited April 2020
    Morning all. It’s a beautiful day, and I have lots planned.
    I am grateful...
    • ...that we live right on the edge of the countryside where we can walk in relatively solitude.
    • ...for the resources at my fingertips on the internet.
    • ... that I have the expertise to improvise.

For all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy?
      To name a few...
      • I’ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook)
      • structuring my day
      • morning and evening meditation
      • Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      • HIIT videos off YouTube,
      • yoga/Taichi
      • Walks with DH
      • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      • Decluttering
      • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      The only failure is giving up!

2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
      April:
      Week 1
      Wed 01: 148.1
      Thu 02: 147.2 💖 finally off the plateau! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
      Fri 03: 147.8
      Sat 04: 147.2
      Sun 05: 147.5
      Mon 06: 147.4
      Tue 07: 147.2
      Almost at my goal weight!
      Week 2
      Wed 08:
      Thu 09:
      Fri 10:
      Sat 11:
      Sun 12:
      Mon 13:
      Tue 14:
      Week 3:
      Wed 15:
      Thu 16:
      Fri 17:
      Sat 18:
      Sun 19:
      Mon 20: 🎈🎉🎈74th Birthday 🎈🎉🎈
      Tue 21:
      Week 4:
      Wed 22:
      Thu 23:
      Fri 24:
      Sat 25:
      Sun 26:
      Mon 27:
      Tue 28:
      Wed 29:
      Thu 30:
      Fri 31:
      Still working on the project for my Grandson's birthday present.
      JFT Sun 5/Mon 6 Apr
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷
      Cardio: > 30🌷
      Strength: > 10🌷
      Flex: >10🌷
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: >7500🌷
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷
      Mood: 😎
      Gratitude: I am grateful that I am still losing (ever so slooowly!) 😂
      Activities:
      • Isolation Art Challenge 🌷
      • Gardening🌷
      • restart Creative Writing Group online🌷
      • Work on Birthday project for Grandson 🌷
      🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
      🐰Hit your Daily Challenge Goal🐰
      🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Terri: TerriRichardson112
      Daily Challenge Goal: 7500+
      Mar: 19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31
      🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
      Apr: 1,2,3,4,5,6,
      🐰🐰🐰🐰

• osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    4/6
    1) Log food - yes
    2) Yoga - yes
    3) 3 mile run - no. I could only do 2 miles.
    4) Coaching cast - yes
    5) Dumb bell work out - yes

4/7
    1) Log food
    2) Yoga
    3) Hike or walk
    4) Coaching cast
    5) Core workout

I started making homemade sourdough bread again. That was probably a mistake. I can't stop eating slices of it with butter.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    JFT Goals for Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Log everything today
    Be mindful of everything I eat
    Drink at least 8 water
    Do 2 5 min walks -- try for 3
    Do at least 1 chair exercise video for seniors (at least 5 min) -- still need to do
    Do stretching video in full
    Declutter rest of DGD items in living room -- still need to do
    Do Yard cleanup for at least 15 minutes. Yes, did this yesterday; today it's raining. I'll add back in when it's sunny and warm again.

Have a great day everyone! :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. Update class sites.
    3. AM run: 5 miles. Grading: All April 2-3 requests. Call 15 students. Put books away.
    4. Lunch: soup? Jambalaya? Yoga with core/balance work. Call doctor and check on prescription.
    5. Write and publish a blog post. Read 50 pages of The God of Small Things. Gardening.
    6. Color! Dinner: sandwich?
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Email B. Email student.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 194.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Made my 5 miles without TOO much trouble this morning ;D
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Recap M 4/6 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings = Fitbit 13,212 steps, 250+ 12/14 (somehow misjudged one hour) & 33 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories green / 14c water = Evening snacked again, but I had more than enough exercise cals to allow. Net cals 225 :smiley: sodium & sugar green :mrgreen: fiber low-ish :| protein low :( 12c water
    3) Work from home :) / webinar at noon :) at least getting some free CPEs out of the way
    4) Walk dog = Cloudy & didn't feel like it but knew I needed to get outside. Saw turkey crossing road & two mallard ducks swimming in rain-filled ditch, and heard lots of other birds. 3.64 mi 1:05:09 & stretched some :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    5) One home chore :)
    6) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley:

JFT T 4/7 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green (ground beef out of freezer) / 14c water
    3) Work from home / Facebook Live Chat for update at noon
    4) Walk dog
    5) One home chore
    6) Call mom & dad (their 64th wedding anniversary today)
    7) Floss / retainers

Today I registered for another virtual walk with a team started by one of my other MFP friends. We're going to walk 5K on May 2. Here's the link if anyone's interested: https://runsignup.com/Race/Register/RaceGroup-756232?raceId=77668. It's free. Still haven't received my race packet from the 10K scheduled 3/28 turned virtual. Dog and I walked it already anyway. Today is spring election in WI (political battle to postpone or not) and I am so thankful I voted absentee, first time in my life. I feel sorry for those that didn't.
    🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Step Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰
    Name: Carmela
    My daily bunny goal is 10,000 steps even though that's a stretch on rest or x-training days. Will be interesting to see total steps, hourly steps & floors, now that I'm not working in my third floor office.
    Daily Step Goal: 10,000
    March 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31 [10X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 [5X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • PackerFanInGB
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    Not sure I even posted here last night, though I did make my list. Didn’t do so great on my list—last 3 days have felt slightly depressed, uninterested in doing anything much except watch TV. Sewed a few masks, got a last grocery run in, but generally feeling very blah. Doesn’t help that I’m staying green on calories but no scale movement. And I have developed shin splints. Whine whine whine. One of those times I guess. Hoping to find some overall motivation soon.

OMG...I am right there with you! I even started a new medication from my doctor that is supposed to kick-start metabolism, curb cravings and appetite and help you lose weight... Well, I HAVE really cut back on how much I'm eating, I'm actually NOT craving stuff like I used to and I am STILL at the same weight after 2 weeks! WTH? Starting to feel a little depressed about it...but am trying to be happy that I'm at least not gaining right now.

I totally feel your pain.

xxoo
    Tracie
  • PackerFanInGB
    Today I registered for another virtual walk with a team started by one of my other MFP friends. We're going to walk 5K on May 2. Here's the link if anyone's interested: https://runsignup.com/Race/Register/RaceGroup-756232?raceId=77668. It's free. Still haven't received my race packet from the 10K scheduled 3/28 turned virtual. Dog and I walked it already anyway. Today is spring election in WI (political battle to postpone or not) and I am so thankful I voted absentee, first time in my life. I feel sorry for those that didn't.

This is the first time I haven't voted since I don't know when. I tried to get an absentee ballot and the website kept telling me that I'm not a registered voter, which I totally am... I will not go to West HS and possibly get exposed to something I've been hiding in my house to avoid, so I guess no voting for me this time. I'm curious how you participate in a virtual 5k. I'll have to check it out! That sounds like fun! Stay well, Carmella!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Morning all. It’s a beautiful day, and I have lots planned.
    I am grateful...
    • ...that we live right on the edge of the countryside where we can walk in relatively solitude.
    • ...for the resources at my fingertips on the internet.
    • ... that I have the expertise to improvise.

Terri, this is awesome! I do a Gratitude journal at night where I list 5 things I'm grateful for that day, but thinking about it at the start of the day is a great idea. Thanks for sharing this!

@maryrobinson40 What a beautiful picture of the sunrise! Pink skies are my favorite... I have to live vicariously through you to see the sunrise since I can't seem to get my rear-end out of bed early enough to witness it myself! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Monday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. WATER and DECAF TEA :)
    3. Lymphatic massage x2 :)
    4. knee exercises >:)My knee and ankle are still sore either from the bike ride or from when i stepped into a rut in our yard and twisted my leg a bit.
    5. Gentle chair yoga / Calm app meditation :)
    6. 30 minutes intentional activity :s
    7. Declutter,10 minutes :)
    8. Gratitude journal :) / inspirational readings :) / early to bed and lights out at 10 >:)

My husband just got back from a grocery run and had some nice news for me! He stopped at my mom's to drop off her groceries and she told him that she is just SO HAPPY in her new house and she thanked him over and over for sticking with her and finding her just the right one. She is getting things unpacked and it is starting to look like a home and she is loving her new neighbors, loving the house and loving living near us. That made my heart feel so relieved and so good. it's a scary thing to move someone 7 hours away into a house you pick for them but use their money to buy even though they've never seen it. So the fact she loves the neighborhood and the house so much means a lot to us.

I love @TerriRichardson112 's idea of finding gratitude during uncertain times, so I'm going to start listing one new thing each day to remind myself of how blessed I actually am...focus on the positives vs the negatives.

GRATITUDE: Today I'm grateful that I have a job that I can do from home.

Just for Tuesday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. WATER and DECAF TEA. Tim bought me a new one...Cinnamon Apple Spice. He couldn't find just Cinnamon Spice Tea, so we'll see how this one is.
    3. Lymphatic massage x2
    4. knee exercises if knee inflammation calms down. If not, ice knee and ankle.
    5. Gentle chair yoga / Calm app meditation
    6. 30 minutes intentional activity
    7. Declutter, 10 minutes
    8. Try making a couple of cloth masks for when we have to make grocery runs
    9. Gratitude journal / inspirational readings / early to bed and lights out at 10

WOTY: Persistence
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    @PackerFaninGB It's so nice that you helped your Mom out and that she's happy with the move. WTG!!

One Question -- I looked up Lymphatic massage after seeing it in your post. Did you get one from a masseuse that specializes in this type of massage? I assume you are now doing the massage yourself. What do you feel the benefits are for this type of massage?

Also, saw your #5 for gentle chair yoga and checked it out on YouTube. It intrigued me because being obese and having compromised lungs makes exercise difficult for me. Found one that looked interesting so gave it a try and was able to get thru the full 30 minutes. YEA!! She also finishes with a calm meditation which I also liked. The sound needs to be turned way up but that was my only complaint. The one I used is -- Self Quarantine Yoga: A Relaxing 30 Minute Chair Yoga --- by Leslie Harrington.
  • PackerFanInGB
    cesse47 wrote: »
    @PackerFaninGB It's so nice that you helped your Mom out and that she's happy with the move. WTG!!

One Question -- I looked up Lymphatic massage after seeing it in your post. Did you get one from a masseuse that specializes in this type of massage? I assume you are now doing the massage yourself. What do you feel the benefits are for this type of massage?

Also, saw your #5 for gentle chair yoga and checked it out on YouTube. It intrigued me because being obese and having compromised lungs makes exercise difficult for me. Found one that looked interesting so gave it a try and was able to get thru the full 30 minutes. YEA!! She also finishes with a calm meditation which I also liked. The sound needs to be turned way up but that was my only complaint. The one I used is -- Self Quarantine Yoga: A Relaxing 30 Minute Chair Yoga --- by Leslie Harrington.

Hi @cesse47 ! I was going to a physical therapist to get the massage done for a few weeks, while they taught me how to maintain it myself. I have lymphedema in my right arm from a mastectomy with lymph node removal about 8 years ago. Plus, I'm right-handed, so when I overuse that arm, it swells and actually can get quite painful. I have a compression sleeve that I wear also, but I'm not always faithful about that part because it is hot and the material doesn't "breathe" well. Massaging the lymph node pathways and my arm gets the fluid moving out of my arm and my armpit area and flowing through my body as it used to when I had lymph nodes under my arm. Does that help?

The gentle chair yoga is awesome, isn't it? It gets me moving and my blood flowing but is not hard on my joints. Plus it is relaxing to the mind. I really like it! I use the "Happy Yoga" videos by Sarah Starr. I like the different locations she uses...sunflower fields, streams, etc. They are only about 20 minutes in length I think, but I go from one to then next. I'll have to look up the Leslie Harrington one you mentioned! I like the idea of finishing with a calm meditation.

We'll have to keep in touch and compare notes when we find good ones!

Here is the one I have been currently starting with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrgMxCwXfMc&amp;t=57s