How desperate are you for human contact?

123457»

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,406 Member

It was just a phase and it has passed lol

You are safe. Too lazy even to send a FR without a message. I’ll try again tomorrow.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I'm locked in this... this... this.... place, yeah, this place with these people.... I don't think they're real people... they're like lizard people , only without the lizard part ... and I have steak knives, they are sharp... maybe a little too sharp.... the walls... they're moving, they're moving in towards me... but the steak knives won't help with the walls... and the same song keeps playing on the radio, over and over and over again.... and the radio is now unplugged and the song keeps playing on the radio, over and over and over again & the walls keep moving and the lizard people aren't going away, they just keep laughing and laughing and laughing....

source.gif
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm locked in this... this... this.... place, yeah, this place with these people.... I don't think they're real people... they're like lizard people , only without the lizard part ... and I have steak knives, they are sharp... maybe a little too sharp.... the walls... they're moving, they're moving in towards me... but the steak knives won't help with the walls... and the same song keeps playing on the radio, over and over and over again.... and the radio is now unplugged and the song keeps playing on the radio, over and over and over again & the walls keep moving and the lizard people aren't going away, they just keep laughing and laughing and laughing....

source.gif

:( Oh, boo... Yeah, I feel badly for how others are feeling. It's almost impossible to make lockdown thoroughly enjoyable. Too much of some things, not enough of others.

When I went for a long walk yesterday, there were at least a dozen people walking or riding bikes (I normally come across none) & everyone had that suspicious, haunted, hostage look about them & acted strangely... no smiles or pleasantries exchanged with others, no talking even to each other... I'd never felt so awkward around others, not knowing if I should exit stage left as they passed, jump right, cross the street, wait for them to move... we all acted like we'd never seen people before.

Inside, I'm alone... so, I don't encounter laughing lizard people, but I sincerely believe the appliances are plotting against me. I'm sure of it... all that conspiratorial humming in mocking tones.

Hope your week gets easier as days tick off.

Stay healthy, Everyone!
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    I usually WFH, so the gym was my main social activity and opportunity to perv, I mean, people watch 👀. When this is over, the regulars at the gym are all getting bum slaps

This is me, 110%.

..... although, you forgot to capitalize Perv.

PERV 😁
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Tonight I could use the biggest hug from one of them. I'd give up my hot cheetos addiction for it.

Whoah...too far
  • heartattackspecial
    heartattackspecial Posts: 53 Member
    I’d like to go to a McDonald’s and ask people for bites of their burgers. However, I am enjoying zoom meetings. Every time I pay one of my children to pretend to murder me on camera. It’s great fun.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member

source.gif

:( Oh, boo... Yeah, I feel badly for how others are feeling. It's almost impossible to make lockdown thoroughly enjoyable. Too much of some things, not enough of others.

When I went for a long walk yesterday, there were at least a dozen people walking or riding bikes (I normally come across none) & everyone had that suspicious, haunted, hostage look about them & acted strangely... no smiles or pleasantries exchanged with others, no talking even to each other... I'd never felt so awkward around others, not knowing if I should exit stage left as they passed, jump right, cross the street, wait for them to move... we all acted like we'd never seen people before.

Inside, I'm alone... so, I don't encounter laughing lizard people, but I sincerely believe the appliances are plotting against me. I'm sure of it... all that conspiratorial humming in mocking tones.

Hope your week gets easier as days tick off.

Stay healthy, Everyone!

You're bang on about how people are acting on the streets these days. Strangest thing I've ever seen.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    I did a Zoom Trivia with one of the trainers and a group of people from both of the gyms. I wanna organize a trivia now. I’m desperate for adult interaction I’d say. (And I did get 3rd place. Somehow. I’m as surprised as you are.)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I did a Zoom Trivia with one of the trainers and a group of people from both of the gyms. I wanna organize a trivia now. I’m desperate for adult interaction I’d say. (And I did get 3rd place. Somehow. I’m as surprised as you are.)

giphy.gif
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

Five kids? Hell, I'd be desperate for some alone time...
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member

Exhibit A from a few pages back;
    gu2ls62bh4lt.jpeg

Note the “adult interaction” portion of today’s post.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

Exhibit A from a few pages back;
    gu2ls62bh4lt.jpeg

Note the “adult interaction” portion of today’s post.

I live alone, and thought that one kid was too much at times. My respect to you and others with multiple kids. ;)

Though, I can completely understand wanting adult interaction. ;)
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    JustCallMeWhatever Posts: 125 Member
    I'm covid 19 pandemic desperate!
  • SleepLiftRepeat94
    SleepLiftRepeat94 Posts: 37 Member
    Raises hand....damn pandemic.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm still getting by on Skype calls and the Internet for contact. I know it's not *quite* the same, but it's better than nothing.

Really what's driving me bonkers is the lack of being able to go see/do anything. Just when we were allowed to go places and places were starting to open up again, the place where I live decided to put everyone on lock down again (which I understand why).

It would help if people would wear their masks and keep up with hygiene while out and about. It would help out everyone a bunch.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Not me. I'm an introvert, like being alone, talking to myself, and with people on forums. I just miss my local library. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm 0k ;)

Are you sure? Cause pretty sure we can all direct you to someone who's looking for a hot girl. :)