Quarantine nightmare

Feel like I'm falling apart at the seams....like everything I've worked for was for nothing.... Finding it so hard to be motivated and make good decisions... Bless those of you who are able to push thru it still. Stay safe everyone ✌

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    When I get stressed about this whole thing or any bad situation in life, I focus on the positives. Roof over head, food in fridge, being healthy NOW, etc...This too will pass like all struggles in life.....We are ALL in this one together. Stay focused on your goals and don't let something out of our control, control you.
  • WagsTowson
    WagsTowson Posts: 30 Member
    In addition to the good advice above: Don't watch the news, Don't look at your retirement fund, and Don't forget to reach out to friends and family and chat. Try to not worry too much, this to shall pass..
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I wallowed in it for a couple weeks, but finally coming out the other side of it. This is going to pass. The uncertainty of it sucks. The emotional and financial toll it will take sucks. The lives that will be lost really sucks. We can't control those things. You control what you can, and try to let go of what you can't. I know it's easier said than done. Now's a great time to practice meditation and mindfulness strategies. Walking meditation can be much more soothing than it sounds. Once your mind is less fractured, the rest is a bit easier.
  • Danvers79
    Danvers79 Posts: 2 Member
    WagsTowson wrote: »
    In addition to the good advice above: Don't watch the news, Don't look at your retirement fund, and Don't forget to reach out to friends and family and chat. Try to not worry too much, this to shall pass..

THIS. My rule for this week has been to stop watching the news. It's so bad for me.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member
    I have zero optimism about this. It has been the most protracted miserable experience of my life. I'm working on firming up my estate plans and just holding on with teeth and nails. The logistics of doing those things in a landscape of utter desolation has been a distraction, at least. I try to reach out and talk to people and participate in what few social opportunities still exist, but I'd frankly rather risk the virus than be stuck alone 24/7 for the foreseeable future.

I do agree with avoiding news. It's just not worth it. The story changes every hour and it's all just a political volleyball at this. Take reasonable safety precautions, follow local regulations and filter out the rest. Unfortunately, I work for a medical school and get the hospital census just about daily, so I'm still getting more exposure to "news" than I'd really prefer.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited April 2020
    You are not alone. I went through anxiety, depression, fear of the unknown, fear of things changing, fear of myself and family's health, binge drinking. I really had to pull myself out of it.

I am now finally starting to get a better handle of things and the situation we are in. I go for runs, pray, meditate and I am starting to feel better.

Like others have said do not watch the news. Get outside, do some sort of exercise to clear your head. Do something that will relax your mind and body. We will get through this. We will have better days! <3