Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Hey all~~

I'm with Runa - this whole business is mucking with my head. Well, that and being down the rabbit hole with DH in Las Vegas --nothing strange about that, is there? 🤪

Sara - I hope that you dodge whatever nasty things come your way with the overlords at work.

Lynn - thank you for the wise words about traveling. Although I have nothing to base my feelings on, I am more concerned about 1) having a mask to prevent passing something along to other people in case I happen to be one of those carriers who show no symptoms, and 2) I want to have a mask to symbolize my caring about other people.

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Tracy and Holly and Missy and Maureen and all the other ladies~~~
    Welcome to the new peeps.

Lana OH, almost forgot. I hired a new Cabana Boy! Photo to follow~~
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Lana - the 3m masks are hard to get make a mask out of a scarf (there are a number of how to on youtube that do NOT need sewing). Does that DH of yours have to use needles? The alcohol prep pads they use are the same ingredient on a small pad that is in hand sanitize and fits nicely into purse/pocket as I can never get hand sanitize in the store, that is what I use.

Long day at work did not give boss lady much to find in my audit - snarky happy dance in my head at work later. Was humming "B!tch is back" by Elton John at work, had to be careful to not hum too loud.

Hey!! Nice addition to the cboy club. Good taste.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog and I am glad she is doing well. Hey is Jean Paul on a boat, does he know how to sail??? :D

Half way done with the week, give yourself credit for that.

Stay safe and hang in there.

Wave to all who folloe.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Good morning. I've been up for a while and haven't accomplished as much as I'd like

Sara, that's a great song. And it seems very appropriate in the circumstances.

Lana, he will do. :)

I've got a full day of work ahead but have got to work on taking breaks. I worked straight through 9 hours yesterday, moving only to change locations (bedroom/living room) a few times and get a meal. Not good. But once I get going on something, I forget everything. I only remembered to eat b/c I was starving and getting a headache.

I had a really nice evening stroll with my dogs. It's getting colder for a week or so here, and I wanted to enjoy another day of spring before we lost it. Wintry mix in the forecast for tomorrow. Boo.

I hope you all have a lovely day.

Cheers,
    Maureen

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hi!
    Jean Paul - OMG....covid positive or negative? - I don't care I am on my way! Wowee!
    Happy Wednesday! Not much new here.
    half way done with week - that is a good thing.
    Take care and have a great one!
  • LanaCabana537
    Good morning All~~

Sara - I love your work song! It is perfect. Have a great day today to spite her/them!
    I have seen the videos you are talking about, and I now know how to make a mask out of the spiffy pink bandanas that I always travel with. I am all set. Thank you!

Maureen, it sounds as if you need to set a timer or alarm or something to give you a stand/walk around reminder. I applaud your tenacity and focus with that work of yours.

Lynn - yes we have made it half way!!!

Ladies - Jean Paul is definitely free of all human failings and Sara, he must know how to sail!
    Let's have Wednesday Happy Hour out on the yacht!

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

253.0 today (someone got into the candy yesterday)
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2020
    eqw7kal6pr9m.jpeg

Sara - I'm listening to this now--it is good music to use to get going this morning 😄
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Can old ladies come and drool over Jean Paul too? Never been sailing but love the water. Sara, my dAughter found the pattern from the TV series Call the Midwife that I'm going to knit. Hope your work doesn't effect your knitting time too much. Waves to all.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2020
    Ok... having issues with my post ... blah
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Woke to kitchen sink flooding my kitchen. It is being fixed as I write and what a mess. Dog is with me wondering what that noise is.

Load of wet nasty towels in clothes washer.

How to reward myself? Any suggestions?

Not how I figured I would spend my night, but there it is.

I at least have the sense to wear my scarf mask while my kitchen is being vacuumed and sink snaked.

BBL.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member

How to reward myself? Any suggestions?

/quote]

Order two new beautiful, fluffy bath sheets (the big ones) as a treat.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Up late with cleaning out kitchen.

Will catch you after work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn - so sorry to hear of the posting problems. Hang in there honey - Holly and Jean Paul will stop by to fix them for you.

Good grief Sara - glad your kitchen sink situation has been repaired. Plumbing problems are the worst, next to fire, of course.

Tracy - I like that idea of buying new towels as a reward. Have you all seen the Company Store colored checkered bath towels? My sister has them, and they can really perk up a bathroom.

Meanwhile, have I ever told you all my towel story?
    For decades, I have gotten all of my towels (except beach towels) scavenged from my work. I was a stagehand who worked on Broadway.
    It is in the actor's contract that the theater must provide them with shower facilities and each show must provide them with brand new hand and bath towels and face cloths. So for every show, there's a whole bunch of new towels purchased for the entire cast, with their names on a tag sewn onto their towels.

Well, between the fact that most actors don't need to actually ever shower in the theater and the fact that most shows in my theater were limited runs of only 12 or 16 weeks, I was able to gather up and take home tons of abandoned, gently-used or never-used towels!

So I have Katie Holmes's towels and John Lithgow's towels and Candice Bergen's towels....
    No Hugh Jackman or Daniel Craig towels though......
    LOL~~

Lana

252.8 today
    258.8 highest
    249.0 goal sometime soon please
  • holly1283
    I could use one of those towels as a crying towel about now. PA schools closed for the rest of the school year.😢It just means many other things will follow. I have a nice camper in DE that I might not get to. I wonder what they will do with the money paid for the seasonal rent. Jean Paul and I were going to go to the beach in May! Ocean waves to all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana to have something a "star" had - wowie and how functional too.....

Holly your May plans might be toast but dont give up on the rest of the year - those of us here will have a massive party when this virus runs its course and we able to safely socialize again.

As I dont have floor cleaner - I did find a swiffer wet cleaner to use on kitchen floor, better than nothing and at least I did something - when I put the hand wash dishes away it will be the cleanest that side of the kitchen has been in a long time.

Coworker hooked me into making "mask mates" that look like long jelly beans with 2 buttons on them. Using cotton yarn ( I was up last night anyway.......so I went through my yarn mess) I will crochet these things to give people wearing face masks ears a break - wear them at back of head or around neck and not irritate ears with the "hooks" of the mask. I made one and it is small, but I can use it so most will be a little bigger - the coworker has offered to deliver them to medical staff who will use them, that is her part of the bargain. Youtube has videos on making them.

Have to wash my face mask scarf so I will have to set up a load of laundry. Just really tired and domestic things are boring right now.

Hope everyone has had a good day - wishing all a good night.

• mkculs13
    Sara and Lana, adventures and great stories. Fun to read after a LONG day working.

Holly, sorry to hear that--but we may be able to salvage something eventually. When would school normally end for you? And what are they telling school leaders that the rest of us don't know? WI schools tend to end in the 2nd week of June and we have no word yet on whether or not we will reopen. We had 10-11 weeks left, more or less, when the shutdown started. I know schools in other states that only had about 6 weeks left. Those states are the ones that just closed down for the year a while back.

Didn't do anything but work today (and a bit of a nap). My allergies are in full bloom and I finally remembered to take my 24 hour pill. Usually need a week of 'em to see results.

I will have a heart catheterization on Monday--they wanted to get me in before Covid peaks here, b/c there is no telling how long it will be after that. I don't have any really worrisome symptoms and b/c my exercise test was so good, I'm hoping the Echocardiogram was a false positive.

Talk to you all soon,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Long week, but at least the work part is almost over.

Eating habits are getting better. Not a complete shift back to wholesome foods only, but the pendulum is shifting back.

Dog is up and fed which means I can get back to sleep. She can get demanding, but for her that is always a good sign.

Maureen - hope the procedure goes well Monday and that Dr was thinking proactively.

Wave to all who follow. Will stop by after work. Stay safe out there.
  • holly1283
    Maureen, I never had an echo done but had an EKG (ECG) done pre-op that said I'd had a heart attack. Went me to a cardiologist that told me the tech had the leads at the wrong place and I was fine. Prayers for you. Our schools close normally within the first week in June. The senior class might not have a graduation ceremony. Looking back whatever but at the time it is a rite of passage. Let's just say they will never forget why 😕 sigh. TGIF
  • mkculs13
    Sara, I didn't mean your flooding was "fun." Just to clarify. I was completely empathetic b/c one side of my sink has flooded a couple times now and I really need to get a plumber in. I keep putting it off for absolutely no good reason. Your story is motivating me to make the call. And thank you for your good wishes.

Holly, thank you. Your experience helps me continue to shift to positive thinking. I have a graduating senior and she hasn't really said much--the funny thing is, her graduation was very much in doubt for all prior years of high school and she's been in a "last chance" program, rocking it. IDK how she really feels yet--my guess is that she doesn't know either (she isn't one to hide her emotions). I distinctly remember my graduation day--specific memories--but for me, the last day of school was the real "moment" to remember. And they won't have that. I do feel for them; it is a huge rite of passage. I'm hoping they find something in their very unique situation to compensate for what they are losing.

Hey to all; have a good day.
    Maureen