WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did Cathe Friedrich’s After Burn DVD. I think I have this one. Gotta find it. Anyway, the plan for tomorrow is to do a Total Cardio Burn DVD.

Barbara – my spices were “sort of” alphabetized before this pandemic. Now they are really alphabetized. It’s supposed to be quite warm tomorrow so I’m going to talk to Vince about cleaning the deck. Having the water spray will probably feel good Update: he wants to work on the pool so I may just do it myself. Update: He said he wants to do something with the pool so I'll just do it myself. It would go a lot faster with two of us, but I would rather get it done

Have a load of laundry in the wash right now.

Did I tell you all that Colby is coming here for Easter? I don’t mind him here, but it’s just that VA has a stay-at-home order so I didn’t think he could. Well, we’ll have ham, I decided I’ll make macaroni and cheese, I’ll probably also make a pineapple angel food cake (something I would want). I know Vince will finish it

Gotta go to WM to get a prescription for Vince (and I’ll do a little shopping) then later I’ll go to a friend’s house to pick up a mask from her.

SuziQ – It’s starting to get to the point where there are things that I need Vince to help me with and getting him to do something…I hate to nag but like tomorrow is supposed to be nice, we’ll want to cook out on the deck later this summer so we need to get it cleaned. Jess is the same way – puts things off until the last minute. Before we went to FL I told Vince that I wanted to go to the lawyer to update our will to include PJ. He said “we’ll go when we get back” Now this. How many times before we went to FL did I tell him that he needed to go about these coins. They’re still sitting on the counter, he never got to it…now this. For YEARS I've been asking him to go thru these videotapes of his parents. I know it's hard for him so I'll just do it. I know the kids won't want a whole lot of them. You can’t get fresh fish in FL? We usually can on the Cape or we go to Dixie Crossroads, you may have heard of that place. Eremil Lagasse did a show from there once. I remember going with MIL and FIL when they first opened about 30 years ago. Now the prices are much higher

Well, finished cleaning the windows.

Just got back from WM. They had bananas on sale for 15 cents a pound. We now have 3 bags frozen…lol

Rita – lovely flowers

SuziQ – Vince saw in the paper how people are putting out Christmas lights just to brighten things up right now. You can guess it! Thanks for the laugh

I feel so so bad for my neighbor, the one who’s husband was deployed to Afghanistan for 6 months, then it was another 60 to 90 days. She just got word that it’ll be indefinitely. Her daughter is getting married in October. I can hardly imagine what’s going thru their minds. And I know he’s very down.

Finished cleaning the windows, went to get the mask from my friend, went to the bank then WalMart, cleaned the inside of my car (will probably wash it tomorrow, maybe). There were many more people with face masks on in WM. Interestingly…not many of the workers, tho. I think I only saw one person with a mask on.

Wednesday here: Did a Total Cardio Burn DVD. Despite the title, it is really more of a weight DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Tracy Long’s Back Up DVD.

Amber – thanks for dispelling some of the cv myths. Congrats on the great weight loss

Pip – Donald Duck is so cute. Is this a dog toy of some sort?

Went for a walk with my neighbor last night. It’s just so good to get out of the house. She still wants our development to be gated, but I honestly don’t think that’ll happen. For it to be effective, the entire development would have to have a fence around it and that would be major, major, money. I just can’t see it happening. She also would like street lights. Yes, that would be nice, but it would also mean that we’d have to install the wiring and some of the mailboxes (which are brick) would need to be moved. I don’t see that happening. But I just let her talk.

Welcome everyone new!

Luci – what a relief for DIL and her brother

SuziQ – I really can’t see spending the money on my nails. I’d rather spend that money on something that I want and will enjoy for time to come.

Lisa AR – you know, even at the gym (when I went there) I’d sing and dance to the songs while I was on the treadmill. Well, I just mouthed the words to the song, but I’d also dance.

Don’t know if this is true, haven’t been able to find out. Maybe someone else can. Vince was talking to our financial adviser yesterday and he mentioned that while Zoom’s headquarters are in the US, their servers are in China. I haven’t been able to find anything about where the servers are located.

Better post this before I forget again.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Cathe Friedrich’s After Burn DVD. I think I have this one. Gotta find it. Anyway, the plan for tomorrow is to do a Total Cardio Burn DVD.

Pip – Donald Duck is so cute. Is this a dog toy of some sort?

Better post this before I forget again.

Michele NC

that actually is a coin bank. i got that pic in there by accident. i'm selling it on offer up and letgo. all of my stuff is pickup only. it kirby's. i was taking side and front pics to post it
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    I had a great 5k. B) Sunshine and heat! A policewoman was patrolling the beach and dispersing anyone just loafing about. We managed to avoid coming close to anyone, but I will go up the less busy end in the next few days.
    It feels good to have got it done. I've got a stiff back at the moment - I think too much rowing, so running was a better choice.

Penny - I will use your recipe, thanks. Wish I had a waffle roller! :o Yours looked so professional. I might prick them.

Making homemade pesto this afternoon to have with fresh ravioli. Peas and broccoli. AF today. I'm expecting a big AF delivery any minute now, lots of lovely AF beer and a few wines. :D

Barbie - we have two under the counter freezers and a small one. They are all stuffed full. :D We seem to be eating better than ever!

Just heard that Amazon at last has got my hair dye and it will be delivered next week. That means I can use my last box with a light heart. Maybe Friday. Hooray! I never have manicures, massages, or professional dyes. Just a wet trim, no blow dry. I am cheap!

Lots of love to all. Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Our city it’s a $500 fine after a warning a Buisnesses can get shut down.

Decided today sounds like a good resting day.Cant remember who mentioned it but thought think I should too. Was up until 2am sore from cleaning to maintenance of the home items.

Amber Tx

Yes friends deactivated not good sign they were military one in a coma in Italy may be dead or dying still.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Penney: Thank you for the recipe!!!

Katla, please check an updated version. I realized I'd forgotten to specify that the 1½ tsp was for active dry yeast, not fresh yeast.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member

I feel like I’m between a rock and a hard place. I got masks from a neighbor for DS and DDIL. Now my daughter wants them and my friend is tired and not feeling well. I am feeling frustrated.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I've heard people say that there are many masks for sale on Etsy. Perhaps your daughter could order some from there, or you could and ship them to her. I haven't looked personally, so I can't confirm that they are out there, but several people have told me that there are many people selling them for $7-$10 each (at the low end).

Hubs and I are going the no sew bandana and ponytail holder route.

Okie in the TX Hill Country.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member

I feel like I’m between a rock and a hard place. I got masks from a neighbor for DS and DDIL. Now my daughter wants them and my friend is tired and not feeling well. I am feeling frustrated.

I've heard people say that there are many masks for sale on Etsy. Perhaps your daughter could order some from there, or you could and ship them to her. I haven't looked personally, so I can't confirm that they are out there, but several people have told me that there are many people selling them for $7-$10 each (at the low end).

Hubs and I are going the no sew bandana and ponytail holder route.

Okie in the TX Hill Country.

Yes, there were several sellers that had plenty of masks when I looked on Etsy yesterday afternoon. $7 to $10. My hat is off to anyone who can make these in quantity to sell. I figure I have $20 each just in time alone with the few I threw together yesterday and this morning.

Lanette
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Funnies
    rneb5k1dmgwk.jpeg
    y74nuhax9hpi.jpeg
    djpprfhvisyl.jpeg
    1ofb19803jiv.jpeg
    7befhkopnjdb.jpeg
    q6ctcucp5pww.jpeg
    iei97oxgum85.jpeg
    zk55wbg1sdoc.jpeg
    zlka4dmotos1.jpeg
    one I took the Spanish joke off but the young man it said He is first to go because he wore his mask wrong lol 😂 he wearing panties lol 😆.

Time for the young to learn simple sewing 🧵 skills make theirselves masks. I learned young simple stitch (wish I knew sewing machines but couldn’t figure it out). I learned because Dad who knew upholstery to farm medical had no time to sew stuff for awhile I had to learn to keep the family going I wasn’t even a preteen yet!

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Okie: Thanks for the tip. I think DD and family are okay. My husband pointed out a photo they sent which includes a giant grocery bag full of masks. I feel like the pressure has eased. :star:

Cary: Thanks for sharing the wonderful poem. :flowerforyoyu:

Amber: I love the photos!!!! You put a big smile on my face. :bigsmile:

My plans for today include walking the dog to the end of the road and back, and reading. I might chat with a neighbor if they're outside and a suitable distance away.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Barbie – when we bought our freezer Vince asked me if I wanted a big one. We didn’t have one before and now that the kids are moved out, I didn’t think I needed it. Now I wish I’d gotten the bigger one, especially for when things are on sale

You know, in some ways I think Aldi is doing a major disservice. They advertise things on sale with a minimum saying that the price is in the store. Then, when you go to the store, it’s the regular price. This just makes people want to go out to see what it is, even if those people don’t need to go out.

Rita – oh, I’m definitely an extrovert so I’m going stir crazy. Unfortunately, many times I’m taking that out on Vince

Carey – thanks for that very insightful poem

Cleaned the railing on our deck then washed my car. Letting it cool and I’ll wax it in the garage.

Michele NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊