I’m really, beyond frustrated

Options
I’ve been trying to lose weight for the longest time. I’m 62kg on the average but i just keep gaining these days till 64. It’s frustrating because I’m the most active at home, before covid i would be working out 4 times a week at the gym doing HIIT or strength. now i would go out to run or do home workouts. But for the longest time i really really tried my best to eat consciously and clock in workouts BUT i cant even get down to 60. I really am trying. The worst thing is i know it might be because of my stress eating. I dont eat a lot at once but every small bit counts, the more i try to stop it, try to breathe, try to wait it out, try to rationalise, the more i find myself succumbing to it eventually. I really, really am so frustrated with myself because everyone in my house and friends outside seem to be able to eat wtv they want and here i am trying to control, control. Of course i know i shouldnt compare but really, it’s hard not to. Went for a run again this morning and i should have been proud but I just hate myself even more, like ik im not useless but i still feel useless. I feel like stress eating is a big reason but it’s to not grab sth when u’re stress under work/family/studies. I even borrowed zen books to see if i can combat this through inner change. Please, if anyone, could give any advice or have been thru this, i rlly rlly would appreciate anything right now. It’s been hell of a journey and im still through hell, as with everyone is.

Replies

• WagsTowson
    WagsTowson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're being really hard on yourself. I'm not sure what '62kg' equates to in pounds? I've spent the last 9 months losing 18-19lbs. If I'd gone for that run today I would NOT be hating on myself, why are you doing that? Forget the zen books, focus on keeping good food around you to snack on. Hummus has been a saving grace to me, also soaked and roasted almonds, all so filling! Also, silly as it sounds, GUM! If it's close to mealtime and I'm tempted, or I'm cooking and tempted to snack while in the kitchen, a piece of gum is a great way to fool your stomach and brain into waiting a bit longer.

Mostly though, stop being so hard on yourself, we are all flawed humans, doing our best.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you’re struggling. This is such a tough process for us all and it definitely takes a mental toll.

I’ve felt what you’ve felt while eating 1400cals a day. I’d get to a point where I’m like screw it, I’m just gonna eat and drink whatever. I noticed that that I gave into temptation too many times so I increased my daily calorie count to 1700cals. That worked for me. It’s slower going as far as losing weight, but this isn’t a race. So Maybe you need to give yourself a few extra calories ?

Another tip that works for me is drinking tons of water. I’ll really want to eat more then I should in one sitting and chugging water until I can’t even think of food really helps. Lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    @typtop What is your height and age?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    WagsTowson wrote: »
    It seems like you're being really hard on yourself. I'm not sure what '62kg' equates to in pounds? I've spent the last 9 months losing 18-19lbs. If I'd gone for that run today I would NOT be hating on myself, why are you doing that? Forget the zen books, focus on keeping good food around you to snack on. Hummus has been a saving grace to me, also soaked and roasted almonds, all so filling! Also, silly as it sounds, GUM! If it's close to mealtime and I'm tempted, or I'm cooking and tempted to snack while in the kitchen, a piece of gum is a great way to fool your stomach and brain into waiting a bit longer.

Mostly though, stop being so hard on yourself, we are all flawed humans, doing our best.

The OP is currently 136.5lbs and trying to get down to 132lbs (weight in kg * 2.2 is the lbs conversion)
  • typtop
    typtop Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Big thanks to everyone for extending your help to me, sincerely. @WagsTowson you’re right i may be too hard on myself, that’s what i thought i hd to be to win this race :’) i knew this at the back of my mind but im nt sure how i can tell myself it’s fine when i seem to be slipping a bit everyday ...

@pinuplove I’m 156cm and currently around 138lbs. @deannalfisher yup you’re right im trying to get down to 132lbs first. Currently MFP tells me to consume 1300kcals a day, I’m not sure abt u guys but it’snrly hard to keep to it, i find myself overeating abt 200-300kcal, on good days i’ll pass 100+ kcal above 1300... i think thats when i become frustrated and stop counting calories.

On the other hand, @Altagracia220 just like u i thought surpassing it a little will be fine but the thing is im not sure by how much. I went to take a test before and they mentioned i should be consuming 1536kcal a day accd to my BMR and all but i think this is for me to maintain my weight which is why accd to the way im eating now, i’ll nvr be able to lose weight w/o exercising significantly everyday.