• SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Walked 20 minutes, Beachbody 1.5 hrs
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    10 mile bike ride on the trainer.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    Two very short, intense workouts: Kettlebell intervals with a weight that is just a bit too much for me at the moment (ouch arms and shoulders!). And in the evening I wanted to see if I can run 5k again (just started again) but found I was running really fast right from the start. So I kept it up and ended up grasping for air after 2km. Result :D
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2020
    I lifted some weights in a 2 hour session:
    Dynamic stretching
    3x500m row sprints on the erg. I am quite slow, all were 1.57 pace.
    Band stuff
    Overhead press (5 sets 5, 35 kgs)
    Bent over row (5 sets of 5, 55 kgs)
    Bench (5 sets of 5, 50 kgs)
    Curls
    3 sets of 6 dips
    Core stuff
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    zmyy96vh59mz.jpeg
    Doing Zoom classes with my gym. And I’ll walk and use elliptical as well.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    TRX Full Body Blast circuit and 10 minute warm up run :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Yvette Bachman (YouTube) step HIIT cardio with some planks and shoulder work at the end.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Really nice easy hour on the rower today. Perhaps a tad harder than an easy recovery row, but not much more.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    5.2 mile run and Day #3 of Muffin Top Challenge done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited April 2020
    Monday: Rest Day
    Yesterday: Minimal band work and stretching

Today: Bike/Run session
    Bike split: 1:18:00 Sweet Spot intervals to increase FTP.
    18 min warm up at various power outputs, then 3 x 20 min blocks (15 min at 80% of FTP/5min recovery power)
    Run split: 25 min off the bike at HIM pacing
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Wed 4/8/20

Morning walk at brisk pace for 50 min
    30 chin ups, 100 push ups (both in sets to failure)
    32 min spin bike
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Allowing my athletic son to take me on a 5k training run, replete with a tortuous "warm-up session" that would have been my whole workout if I was by myself. Ah...to be young again.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2020
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Allowing my athletic son to take me on a 5k training run, replete with a tortuous "warm-up session" that would have been my whole workout if I was by myself. Ah...to be young again.

Good for you! Many of us are in our fifties or even sixties. My two adult kids are in great shape but admit my cardio is better than theirs now. I detested cardio when I was young and should have been doing it. If you would have told me back in my twenties or thirties (I was obese through half my thirties and early 40s) I'd be rowing 50 miles plus a week on a rowing machine, I'd have said no way. I'm pretty sure Djproulx is in his early 60s (he does triathlons) and Ann, a frequent rowing contributor, is in her 60s as well.

It's never too late to get a lot more fit if you're physically capable of it.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    When I grow up, I wanna be like you @MikePfirrman! Thanks for the inspo (and reminder that my dream rower is waiting for me on my Amazon wishlist)
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,707 Member
    Yesterday: two 20-minute rides on the stationary bike, weights with dumbbells (deadlifts, goblet squats, one-armed rows, overhead press), pushups

Today: stationary bike (haven't yet though).

The bike is harder for me than running, so I figure I'm getting benefit out of it.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Ouch! I've fallen victim to the innocent sounding "dynamic warm up routine" before!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    Odd day today. Spent all morning until about 15:00 working like crazy (I usually have time to work out around noon). So I did a 50 minute barre workout from just past 15:00 while I was supposed to be in a meeting. Fortunately skype is giving me problems with regards to microphone. Thus I was in the meeting, but only listened along a bit. :D

Then a while after dinner I wanted to go for a run, but didn't feel like it. Did a short but hard 16 minute arm/shoulder workout with pullups and handstands (I'm not there yet, but trying) and then grabbed my skateboard and went to a slightly sloping long road and went down twice. Well, tried as I'm only a totally bloody beginner.

So somehow I managed to do nearly 100 minutes of workouts today
  • MikePfirrman
    Hour easy row again today. HR capped at 145. Was able to keep the SPM (strokes per minute) to around 20 until roughly 15 minutes left and then had to slow to 19 to bring it home to keep the HR under 145. Sometimes you don't notice improvements day to day, but just a few months ago, I had to keep my workout rates to 17 SPM to stay under 145, if it even would at that rate.

Tomorrow's plan is a hardish 6K. It's for my club's innerclub comp, so not really all that important but I'll use it as a gauge of current fitness. I'd like to do a 2:10 or 2:09 pace. Not sure where it will end up.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    10 minute fun "couch" cardio with the family then 45 minutes of arms and shoulders

Then a lay down cause a migraine decided to strike
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Continuing 30 days of yoga with Adrienne & mon - Friday fitness blender 5 day challenge & average of 10 burpees a day.
    Adding evening 20 min session on the Max trainer while watching scenic routes on YouTube and imagining I'm out there. Varying intensity.