Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    hllmusrdyccp.jpeg
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    There’s a difference between hate, and hating on. If you hate someone or something, it means you know yourself a little more. Hating on someone or something is time wasting.

Hating someone or something takes too much energy.

Yep, already too much wrong with this world. Why add to the negative?
    Ok fair enough, but I also think it’s instinctive to hate. It’s more intelligent not to hate on anything, but I believe it’s a normal human reaction of rage against that of which you think is wrong. And instinctively one can react with hate even though you only show your dislike to the wind or something... but I agree that it’s better to focus on positive things.

I don't know if I agree with it's instinctive to hate. I think it's a learned behaviour that picked up very early in life. If you look at animals in the wild, it's difficult to find any form of hate. Even if you see smaller birds going after an eagle or hawk, it's because they're protecting their nest. It's not a hate thing.

But, I will say that it's more instinctive for people to say they hate something. When it's more probably that they dislike it.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    I'm finding myself holding my breath when I walk past someone now. Please tell me I'm not alone. 😬 *kitten*, if a family of 8 walks past will I pass the *kitten* out on the ground?!
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    I'm finding myself holding my breath when I walk past someone now. Please tell me I'm not alone. 😬 *kitten*, if a family of 8 walks past will I pass the *kitten* out on the ground?!
    My father tested positive, we were all sick in the house, so now when I walk near people; I think:
    "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"

lol, but 98% of the time I remain self-isolated. The people who should truly be indoors are the elderly, and yet they keep walking around outside.

Sending you all the positive healing vibes.

Yea, I care for the elderly and I'm finding majority don't take this too seriously. I guess they've seen a lot in their days and feel that everything they've done in the past has been a life saver. Whether it be a shot of whiskey, or wearing a jacket when it's cold out. ...they've survived because of it.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited April 2020
    My father tested positive, we were all sick in the house, so now when I walk near people; I think:
    "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"

lol, but 98% of the time I remain self-isolated. The people who should truly be indoors are the elderly, and yet they keep walking around outside.

Sending you all the positive healing vibes.

Yea, I care for the elderly and I'm finding majority don't take this too seriously. I guess they've seen a lot in their days and feel that everything they've done in the past has been a life saver. Whether it be a shot of whiskey, or wearing a jacket when it's cold out. ...they've survived because of it.

I don't think they're doing it because they feel invulnerable. I know a few, as well as read some articles, about how they feel they've led a fulfilling life as it is and if it's their time to go, so be it. Even at my age, I feel this way.

Also, some don't have a choice and can't rely on others so they are left to go out on their own.

What bothers me is big groups of people, or families going to the store. Why?! Stores are limiting the number of customers in there, and thanks to a family of 5 it takes away from people who need to be shopping.
  • indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    I mean, what if I paint the door yellow instead of red?
  • honeybee__12
    uj8m2kj4w6ta.jpeg
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    If I have a bird in my hand, are there also two in a bush?
  • Soon2BSuper
    Soon2BSuper Posts: 1,767 Member
    Does my dog bring back the stick because he likes chasing it, or because he things I like Throwing it?
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Everything is or isn't ice cream.
  • honeybee__12
    fi0csmo2xaf9.jpeg

• yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited April 2020
    I always knew one day...I'd save the world by doing nothing.

(Hah! take that overachievers) :p

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    There’s a difference between hate, and hating on. If you hate someone or something, it means you know yourself a little more. Hating on someone or something is time wasting.

Hating someone or something takes too much energy.

Trooth
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Just saw this commercial,
    who thought of this monstrousity? 🤢

koo67o52n63l.jpeg

That makes me gag looking at it too. Could you imagine the sugar crash and the gross feeling from eating that? 🤢