Loosing weight since Covid-19 shutdown

Hi All,

Since the state of MA went into shut down three weeks ago, gyms have closed and I’ve lost about 5-6lbs already. I’ve gone from 138 to 132-3lbs. My eating habit is not changed. I typically do 6-8 reps of heavy lifting at my gym - focusing on muscle groups each day (Mon- Thurs/Friday typically). Any advice on how to gain this weight back? It took me about 6-7 years to go from 125 to 138. I’m 30 years old. I hate that I’m loosing all my progress due to this pandemic.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Was this a commercial or home gym, are you still working out? You may have lost some water weight as a result of reducing or changing your training if that is the case. You may also be more active being at home vs. being in an office all day.

And at the end of the day, it's hard but for many people some progress stalls/loss will be inevitable. You will get it back. Try your best to keep up your intake and get your workouts in. I would add a high calorie shake or extra snack if you can to prevent any further loss or to help you gain.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Most people who have been strength training and have stopped will probably lose some water weight/water retention to repair muscles. Assuming all else has remained equal in terms of activity.