Foods you refuse to try

13»

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Not something that I "refuse to try" but something I "refuse to eat" rather...

Bottle salad dressing and condiments! So easy to make yourself, and there is just no comparison - both flavor, nutrition and ingredient wise.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    I've tried and enjoy most of the things posted here. I've tried durian chips but haven't tried real durian yet. I don't think I've had head cheese yet.

I'm pretty adventurous so I'd try anything (except of course, endangered species or cats and dogs).
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    A few things I wouldn’t try, but so many things mentioned above I sure don’t love. Add to it fried catfish, almost a staple in the south. I eat one piece about every 10 years just to be sure I still don’t like it. I love most baked or grilled fish.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Anything having to do with organs.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Anything having to do with organs.

I agree, too many other great foods to try😎
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    ANYTHING with pork/ pig, organs, bugs, wierd fish or any animal I havent tried.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I would try anything really unless it was a food that I knew would cause me health issues (I have a medical condition that is food sensitive as well as a soy allergy). Otherwise everything is fair game!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    foods that still move
  • pancakerunner
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    foods that still move

This is definitely my biggest *kitten* NO!!!! Never ever will that happen.

Right?! I can do organs... but anything that moves. nope! Crazy how in some cultures they eat live maggots. Gag!
  • pancakerunner
    mqbts48aijrm.jpg

jellied moose nose.

rdck9uvnp25m.jpg
    spoon worms

wedxg81exloq.jpg
    palolo...

really, worms of any kind for that matter.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    foods that still move

This is definitely my biggest *kitten* NO!!!! Never ever will that happen.

This was going to be my response too, but, you know what, I'm willing to give it a try. I mean, I'm not going to actively seek it, but if someone offers it to me, I'll try it.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    organ meat.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    amy19355 wrote: »
    organ meat.

I always kind of chuckle on this one because if you eat pretty much any kind of sausage (unless it's an artisinal small batch sausage), you are eating organ meat. It is not labeled as such, but you are eating it.
  • amy19355
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    amy19355 wrote: »
    organ meat.

I always kind of chuckle on this one because if you eat pretty much any kind of sausage (unless it's an artisinal small batch sausage), you are eating organ meat. It is not labeled as such, but you are eating it.

ewwww, i was afraid of a reply like this one.

i'm going to work on the theory that the pieces are incorporated sufficiently to no longer resemble their origin.

I do love me some sausage, and, pork roll is another item that probably has me eating organ bits as well.
    I figure I eat a few bugs with my fresh veggies also.

But, absolute 100% NO to liver, kidney, sweetbreads, or any similar item on my plate.
  • amy19355
    foods that still move

i admit to being curious about drunken shrimp, that stop moving just before they are eaten.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Corned beef
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2020
    Oysters

Normally I'll give stuff a go.. I've even eaten bbq eel.. but those black things... even wrapped in bacon I wont try it

And organs and worms as I've seen people also posting lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Oysters

Normally I'll give stuff a go.. I've even eaten bbq eel.. but those black things... even wrapped in bacon I wont try it

And organs and worms as I've seen people also posting lol

Same here with oysters
    Squid with the tentacles still on