karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Onward
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    The House of Seven Corpses
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited April 2020
    Gentlemen & Gangsters series on Netflix. Very good, but more a character study... very slow moving, old-style espionage/romance. German w/Eng subtitles.

I had to FF through the last 2 ep's cuz I lost patience. Beautiful cinematography, interesting plot, slow as Valhalla.

• TarryTaffyTwo
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    The Nightingale.

Very very powerful movie. There are scenes that will make you cringe and look away, but it all has a purpose.

Which one? I found 4 with the same name? Do you recommend it?
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    Kyle_AKA_Moose Posts: 1,051 Member
    The Peanut Butter Falcon

https://youtu.be/ACze83fG4wM
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    The Nightingale.

Very very powerful movie. There are scenes that will make you cringe and look away, but it all has a purpose.

Which one? I found 4 with the same name? Do you recommend it?

Highly!!!!! It will make you cringe and tell out. It's not what you would expect.

It's the 2018 film.

q76imvk1c7aw.jpg

The trailer looks absolutely frightening. I'll watch it, but it's one of those films I'll need to psych myself up for first. Sadder still, it no doubt happened... humanity at its worst.

Looks like a well made film though. I'll let you know when I watch it.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited April 2020
    Set around 19th century Malaysia, U-Wei Haji Saari's "Hanyut" was a sweet surprise; good storytelling. Reminded me of Guy Jenkin's "The Sleeping Dictionary."
  • LoveyChar
    Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark, forgot how much I enjoyed this movie until last night!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Onward
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Molly's Game.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Watched "There Will Be Blood" Saturday. I enjoyed it though it was not straightforward.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    spade117 wrote: »
    Molly's Game.

Soo good. But I love Aaron Sorkin stuff.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Smokey and the Bandit. Makes me want to buy a Trans Am with a CB radio. Do truck drivers still use CB's?
  • LoveyChar
    Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, even better than the last one!
  • LoveyChar
    Stephen King's A Good Marriage I liked it, some little twists and turns came towards the end.
  • spade117
    Hobbs and Shaw
  • spade117
    The Mule
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Smokey and the Bandit. Makes me want to buy a Trans Am with a CB radio. Do truck drivers still use CB's?

Rarely, they all use phones. I know this because one of my favorite podcasts I'm listening to now is one called "Over the Road", about trucking.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »

Rarely, they all use phones. I know this because one of my favorite podcasts I'm listening to now is one called "Over the Road", about trucking.

I figured there were probably phone apps or something that replaced CB radio by now. If I do get a Trans Am, I'm still putting a CB in it though.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    EMKT46PXUAI9iDP.jpg