The Quarantine Diet

Slackpacker
Slackpacker Posts: 20 Member
So...apparently, quarantine agrees with me. In the last 2 (or is it 3?) weeks, I've lost 4.8 pounds.

What Hasn't Changed

What I eat - Still within my calorie limits. Still eating copious amounts of chocolate. Tightened my belt a little bit to avoid frequent shopping trips, but otherwise, most eating habits have remained the same.

What Has Changed

Working from home! This is a big one. As long as I work my 40 hours a week, I am no longer on a rigid schedule.
I don't need to eat on a schedule.
I don't need to take breaks on a schedule.
I don't have a commute interfering with my day.

Exercise. This time last year, I was cranking out 3-4 hours and 40-50 miles a week. Granted, it was on an e-bike, but still. That was all active time. Somehow, I gained ten pounds with all the increased exercise.
Now, I'm averaging about an hour and a half a week, but broken up into more frequent, shorter exercise stints. Apparently, I don't need to 'go hard' like an athlete. I can do what suits me.

Lesson Learned

I think it's important to pay attention to one's biorhythm. I'm a free spirit that can't stand rigid schedules and will never, ever fit in anywhere no matter how hard I try. Once I applied that non-conformist principle to eating and exercise, the pounds started dropping. I just hope I can keep this up after quarantine has been lifted and things return to 'normal.'

Replies

• swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Thanks for sharing. ;) Great job.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    It's nice to hear someone else's experience. I've been working a bit too close to my refrigerator, if you know what I mean!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Similarly, I'm enjoying the situation more than I ought given the circumstances. I had a work trip the last week of February and started staying in more 3/1, started working from home 3/18. I'm down ~3 lbs for the month of March (vanity weight, trying to get down to 10% bf for once). I've been basically keeping to the same schedule but going without a commute is nice; as is getting to see our 16 month-old throughout the day. Diet adherence is better, I'm not strapped for time on workouts, and now the weather has been nicer we've been taking daily walks through the subdivision.
  • oehlheyjoana4325
    oehlheyjoana4325 Posts: 1 Member
    What’s the trick? I’m trying to lose weight but still can’t....
  • survivor0423
    survivor0423 Posts: 2 Member
    I am finding it hard to get off th couch and have gained 5 pounds in the last month. I had so much energy yesterday and really knocked things out, housework and exercise but today I have barely moved.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!