April 9 Sign in

Replies

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - an hour in my "happy place" Wii Rhythm Island - where it is alway Spring / Early summer with blossoming Cherry Trees, fields of tulips, people hanging out chatting and fishing, and playing frizbee in park - and where I make a rainbow most every day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Now that the fitbit has FINALLY synced, I have confirmed that I am 49 calories to the good.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes-sir-eee

Days goals met: 9
    Pass days used: 0

Okay. I definitely have to get one. Is this the virtual thing? I so want to make a rainbow!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    9th April, yesterday
    I woke up feeling this morning as though I had a hangover. Yet I have not had any alcohol for almost a week and had a triple Yes day yesterday: walked for an hour in the beautiful sunshine, 22°, stayed under calories, had nice food, logged everything. I even slept pretty well, from midnight to almost 7 this morning.
    I did struggle a bit yesterday, trying to keep cheerful under lockdown conditions. I finally had to admit defeat and cancel my study trip to Italy in June. It's something I had planned for some years and had booked accommodation and a place at the University of Siena to study Italian and Art. After the cancellation of my trip to England to see my kids, it felt like... well, what's the point? All the cultural activities and festivals that make Montpellier, where I live, such a great place for me in the summer, have also been cancelled. I know all this will pass, and I'm doing a big gratitude list right now... I am healthy and don't have to cope with illness other than my partner's Alzheimer's, which is eminently copeable with at the moment. Forgive me for complaining but it helps me not to get into a dip.

I so relate to this
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Thank you @Chinkiri, @HASWLRS, @Bill70sStrong, and @Hollis100 for your birthday wishes!
    My birthday was good considering restrictions as got deliveries and well wishes from different groups of people but I miss birthday hugs and traveling to celebrate. I settled for zoom meetings and yet another jogging in place virtual tour this time to Rome, New Zealand and Chicago.

@Chinkiri, I emphasize with you... hugs
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - an hour in my "happy place" Wii Rhythm Island - where it is alway Spring / Early summer with blossoming Cherry Trees, fields of tulips, people hanging out chatting and fishing, and playing frizbee in park - and where I make a rainbow most every day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Now that the fitbit has FINALLY synced, I have confirmed that I am 49 calories to the good.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes-sir-eee

Days goals met: 9
    Pass days used: 0

Okay. I definitely have to get one. Is this the virtual thing? I so want to make a rainbow!

old-school original Wii game called "Walk It Out" (goes by "Step To The Beat" in the UK)

This youtube review will show you all around the island. Only 6 minutes long, but maybe skip the first minute to where the actual game-play starts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvP2I1nh8s
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=AbvP2I1nh8s

It also shows how rich the graphical world is (for it's day ~2008 ) with the level of lighting slowing changing and shadows shifting though the hour as well as through the day

Wii-original games are supposed to also run on WiiU systems (depending oh what is easier to find) I have a wiiU I got as a back-up machine. I will try running Wii Fit Plus on it to confirm that bit.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Exercise: another desert hike with my wife, Rose. She is sneaky and deceptive. Pre-hike she said, it's only 4 miles and its flat. Evidently, flat meant that the actual trail surface was mostly groomed. On the other hand, it was 2 hours and 35 minutes of constantly undulating terrain. It was beautiful and we enjoyed being together.
    Tracking: good
    Calories: well under my limit

Your walk sounds like us in/around Winchester, Hampshire UK last year. EVERYWHERE is constantly undulating terrain from everywhere else. In fact, when we headed out along river-watershed trail near the end of our stay, DH actually suddenly stopped and said "There's something very strange .... we've been walking for half and hour and haven't hit a rise yet ..... "