Jp's omad journey

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NOODLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NOM NOM NOM - we definitely aren't going back to school this year...and the kids are in charter school so it's PRICEYYYY - they'd better be issuing us a REFUND (that that refund better end up in Mama Stephs hands LMAO).

We're gettin' pretty ridiculous here - there's 270+ DEATHS in my county...hence the martial curfew *sigh*

Fu*king Flint.............................LOL
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 Really hope that this covid-19 will pass soon :worried:
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - I love my noodles..yes sireeeee! <3 Didn't know that you have kids. How old are they? My 2 kids are in Catholic schools ( Non-Government Schools) and the school fees are much higher. Don't think we will get a refund as they have moved to online classrooms :(
  • jadepearl
    edited April 2020
    Good evening OMADers <3

Apologies as I am going to rant a little... I really wish my kids can go back to school as with these 2 at home with us, I cannot OMAD at all. I try my very best but when they start feeding me 2 pieces of chips here, putting the cheezels on my 5 fingers there...I end up eating snacks outside of my OMAD. I have been a bad bad OMADer :( I love snacks so much that I just don't think and just eat the whole lot :( I think I just don't have the willpower to say NO! NO! NO! Instead, the greedy little piggy in me keep saying EAT! EAT! EAT! Oh my goodness :( I really feel so usless :(

Furthermore, my vertigo have started again and that means, I can't exercise like normal. I nearly see stars yesterday when I did my HIIT workout. Thankfully, I managed to plonk myself onto the floor without fainting. DH ain't happy with it at all. Oh well, I ain't happy with my weight gain either. But, I guess health comes first. Not going to risk doing something stupid and ending up in the hospital right now as its the worse place to be with this covid-19. So, what did I end up doing for exercises - Chair Exercises. I have done 2 sets of 20 mins Lower Body Chair Exercises which consists of Leg Lifts, Knee Bends and Hip Abduction with Mini Bands. Of course I will not be burning a lot of calories with chair exercises but I keep telling myself, this is better than not exercising at all.

Easter is also just around the corner and that means, 24 hours at home with a refrigerator full of food and chocolates. Its going to take a lot of self-control for me not the eat everything I can find. Right now, we can still work as we fall into the essential services. So, when I am at our shop, I can still control myself better than I am at home. Good gracious me..I am really hoping for the best this Easter weekend :weary:

Just like today, I did amazing when I OMAD
    OMAD at 1pm - Made Udon Laksa as I had leftover udon noodles. After that, I had a cup of grapes. The total calories - 738.
    Then, came little Ms Piggy...and everything went downhill.
    DD came and shared some Lay's Chip with me (I think I had at least 320 calories)
    DS shared his cheezels with me (should be around 265 calories)
    So, I end up with 1322 calories for today. I kept yearning to eat and I put a stop to my gluttonous by drinking diet soda. I had 3 cans of that.
    So, if I continue doing that, I will be back to square 1 which is my HW :(

Could you guys please help me to understand more about what calories should I consume to loose weight please?
    So, if I am 5 feet 2 and weighs 121 pounds, then my results will be:
    BMI - 22.03
    BMR - 1140
    TDEE - 1368
    So, if I am trying to loose 2 pounds per week, how should I calculate my calories? Should I create a calorie deficit of 400 calories per day? I really need to up my game to go back to my comfy 114 pounds.

Apologies for my little rant :worried:

qewf5bmdetci.jpg

Happy Easter, Take care and Stay Safe <3

z4wr8j9dfpol.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    FIrst of all - Yes I have 2 step kids, but I NEVER get to see them...years apart at a time :'( Ced BARELY gets to see them as the court is not very dad-friendly and despite have boat loads of evidence of her inability to put the kids first, and make them the priority, they still gave her 100% custody. We even showed evidence that we were paying everything down to HER PERSONAL BILLS and they still have her full physical custody. It's really hard and frustrating because when I came into the picture, Christian was 18 months old and their Mom found out she was pregnant shortly after Ced and I met (they were already broken up by the time she found out). Long story short, it's a really shi*ty situation where she hates me (we've never met she's just a bitter bi*ch) and make it really hard for even CED to see the kids in any real capacity and me almost never....we usually hafta sneaky sneaky get the kids out when she's outta town or something and hope they don't mention anything (we don't tell them to lie or anything just cross our fingers about any backlash LOL).

Ok, my girl JP, let's talk....

1 - STOP THE NEGATIVE SELF TALK!!! I know how hard that is to do, when its so easy to say :/ IT FEELS somehow like that's "helping" us stay on track but all it's really doing is hurting us mentally and chipping away at our confidence, and low self-esteem makes sticking to our plans harder....hence the viscous cycle *sigh*...so the best and first thing you can do is take a few minutes a day to meditate, self affirm, relax, and make sure your chi is all centered and you're happy with JP <3 (for the record, I'm quite proud of you love...I know it's a struggle and you're doing your VERY best <3 )

2 - Vertigo is awful and I hear, and I agree the hospital is no place to be right now - I know you want to counter balance your calories but maybe not having those extra calorie burns to count on will help keep your OMADing in check?

3 - Ok if your TDEE is 1350 or so, then I hate to tell you this but your max safe deficit for the day is about 150-200. Any less and you're going to have a REALLY tough time fitting enough nutrients into your regular diet....MAYBE you could push it to 300-350 but I suspect that's not particularly sustainable to make you feel satiated and thus stick to your plan...at 300 cal deficit a day, you'd lose about 2/3 of a pound a week...at your weight, that's pretty darn good....you'd need a 7000 deficit on the week to lose 2 pounds. Your TDEE adds up to a total burn of 9450 a week, so you'd technically have to consume 2500 cals or less FOR THE WEEK to lose 2 pounds....I'll fly my as* to Australia and personally punch you in the face if you do that :grumble: You're gonna hafta accept that the losses will be slower than that, babe, but you didn't put it on overnight so you won't lose it overnight.

4 - WE LOVE YOU!!! DH and the kids love you no matter what, and while I know the sneaky sneaky demons get into your head and make you feel like this should be priority no matter, what, it's just NOT. You're still out in the public with the shop etc. so just focus on not getting sick and taking care of you and yours <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hello JP, I agree with everything Steph said above. It can be difficult with children around. If I may suggest, maybe you could have a mommy bowl and when your kids want to share food with you have them put the snacks in the mommy bowl, and then you can choose when to eat them.

In regards to vertigo and the desire to do chair workouts, Paul Eugene on YouTube has a good bit of chair workouts that are real calorie burners. I do them and really work up a sweat so that may be something you can try.

You should be eating no less than 1200 per day. As Steph said, at your weight right now any less would do more harm than good. You definitely want to at least eat at BMR.

Please love on yourself, whether you have a good day or a bad day, you are awesome and if no one else tells you so, you should tell and affirm it to yourself.

We are here for you, you are doing great.

• mistymeadows2005
    @LadyBlanks what a fabulous idea!!! Mommy Bowl!!!! I love it! <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I agree with Tracey and Steph. Dont be so hard on yourself. Being cooped up all day with others and seeing them eat is the hardest thing, I know because my hubby snacks all day long and it drives me crazy so I chew alot of gum which really helps. It's a crazy time right now so my advice is to fast as long as you can and I think the "Mommy Bowl" is a great idea to help with that. "Hugs" <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Okay I am late to the party but I couldn't have said it better than my friends above. Steph is totally right on what you can expect at your size. Even for someone much larger (ME) who is in the 160's it is hard now to lose more than a pound a week. So, for you, it would be impossible unless you starved yourself, and that is not healthy nor should you do it. So....deep breath, you are amazing, and beautiful and you will get to your happy weight, but it may take a bit of time. Love yourself along the way ---you deserve it......
    We say things to ourselves that we wouldn't dream of saying to friends, so don't do it to yourself........

I love love the mommy bowl idea, i was going to suggest something similiar but that let's them still "feed" mommy and then it puts you in control of when or if you eat it.

Big hugs!!!! Keep it up you will get there, we are all here to cheer you on...... <3
  • jadepearl
    Thank you for being here for me @mistymeadows2005 <3@LadyBlanks <3@Brendalea69 <3 & @volgirl1322 <3

0mdhgcv682lh.jpg
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you so much for being here for me <3<3<3 With so many things going on, I guess I just zoomed downwards. But, I am OK now. I have got myself a new plan since my vertigo has pop-in and out daily and ain't going away. That would be awesome if you do fly over to OZ as I would love to meet you IRL :smiley: So sorry to hear about your Ced and his boys. Its quite the same over here, the courts do favour the Mothers too and I do have guy friends who will do anything to see their kids.
  • jadepearl
    edited April 2020
    @LadyBlanks - Thank you so much for being here for me too <3<3<3 The "Mummy Bowl" worked as DH keeps eating whatever is in the bowl.. lol. Thanks for recommending me to Paul Eugene's chair workouts. I love it and it does make me sweat :)
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you so much for being here for me too <3<3<3 OMG, why didn't I think of chewing gum? Thank you...got myself a box of it it seems to work :wink:
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you so much for being here for me too <3<3<3 Yes, I can be very hard on myself and it makes things more difficult but I am A-OK now. Thank you :)
  • jadepearl
    Good afternoon OMADers <3

Its Easter Monday today and I have come back with a new plan. Thank you guys for being here for me. I am just a sook :( Since my vertigo is back, its hard for me to zumba, do HIITs, etc. Tracy recommended Paul Eugene's chair workouts and that really makes me break out into a sweat :+1:

So, here's my Mission 52

Starting Weight (again) : 57.2kg
    13 April 2020 - 56.1kg (loss 1.1kg)

On other news, our Premier has decided to extend Stage 3 for another month. So, my 2 kids will be having online classes with their teachers. This is something new for everyone and I really hope this will work... fingers cross! Currently, we have a total of 6322 confirmed cases with 61 death. Really hope that we can beat the curve.

Hope that everyone is well. Take care and stay safe <3<3<3
  • jadepearl
    For my own accountability

9uswqeb93u6m.jpg
  • jadepearl
    I am excited as I found a 20 mins workout while sitting on a chair and uses the mini stepper. So, this way I can work on my upper and lower body all at once. Also, am doing Paul Eugene's chair workouts. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ
  • jadepearl
    Hi Guys,
    Am wondering if you guys know any app that shows food - calorie consumed, exercise - calorie burned and weigh-in weight on a calendar style please? I found an app but it's in korean and I do not understand and cannot read korean😞

xr6iyz84gr96.jpg
  • jadepearl
    edited April 2020
    Good afternoon OMADers <3

The photo above is a korean health app called Dietshin. The app is really cool but its only in Korean language. I am just wondering if you guys know of any similar apps that display your calorie consumed, exercise - calorie burned and weigh-in weight on a calendar setting?

So, here's my Mission 52
    Starting Weight (again) : 57.2kg
    13 April 2020 - 56.1kg (loss 1.1kg)
    14 April 2020 - 55.7 kg (loss 1.5kg)

m08ak3vvg977.jpg

I have been doing the mini fasts just to see if this will help to restart my weight loss journey. So, today, for my OMAD, I had an Egg Veggie Wrap. I made the wrap with 3 hard boiled eggs, ice berg lettuce, onion, mayo and peri-peri sauce. I also had 30g of Aldi Choco Pillows, 5 pieces of Uncrystallised Ginger and Diet Soda. So, the total of my mini fast for today is 692 calories. I hope I am doing this right. :worried: I have also up my water intake to 2.5 litres per day and that helps me a lot to flush down my salt.

As for exercises, I have been doing Paul Eugene's Chair Workout and also using my mini stepper while sitting down on my bar stool to do my Upper & Lower Body Workouts.

My 2 kids will be waking up early tomorrow as they need to on their computers for their lessons. School starts at 9am sharp. So, everything has to be turn on and ready to go by 8.55am. We will see how this goes as its so new to us all.

The figures are going up and everyone is talking about how it will get worse during winter time. I really hope it will not be so...fingers crossed! Till date, we have a total of 6366 confirmed cases with 61 death. Really hope that we can beat the curve before winter comes!

Take care everyone and stay safe <3<3<3

• jadepearl
    Here I go again... πŸ˜’πŸ˜žπŸ™„
    While making baby churros for my family, without thinking, I ate oneπŸ˜–

t94lln08frr5.jpg

That's my sad lifeπŸ˜žπŸ˜•πŸ˜–