60 yrs and up

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi, I'm 59, 60 in July! I'm trying again to get myself in a better place physically and emotionally, it's been a lifelong struggle.I've been an emotional eater which has made me unhealthy and feeling sick. I am recommitting to Keto, exercise and staying faithful to my program. Looking for encouraging friends to help stay on plan.

:)Welcome, I found MFP after a lifelong struggle with weight and finally found a solution which included planning food for the day and sticking to the plan, no matter what, seeking every opportunity to be active, and finding a thread like this one to read and get involved with every day. I am still doing that a few years later after having lost weight and kept it off.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well today . I am good was outside all day after my walk. Got the bird area cleaned up bird seed was growing like crazy! Planted black eyed Susan’s a friend had given me and zinnia seeds. Today I’m going to play in the fairy garden area redo the edging plant flower seeds. Then I really need to clean up the rose beds! Yikes I’ll get it done eventually. Then I can start all over! Haaaa! Welcome to Marianne you can do this! We are all here to support you! This is a great group of people!! I’m going to finish my coffee then get started on my day . Everyone have a wonderful day !! The Son is shining inside and outside!🤓🦋
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    ... :) I continue to take very serious precautions including staying away from the news which does nothing except mess with my attitude. ...

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Amen, Barbie. Heard about John Prine's passing this morning - your post reminded me of the chorus from "Spanish Pipedream".

"Blow up your t.v., throw away your paper
    Go to the country, build you a home
    Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
    Try an' find Jesus on your own"

Still good advice.

Have a good day, y'all.

• barbiecat
    :'(alteredsteve, we love John Prine. Thanks for sharing the news and the awesome lyrics.
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    ... :) I continue to take very serious precautions including staying away from the news which does nothing except mess with my attitude. ...

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Amen, Barbie. Heard about John Prine's passing this morning - your post reminded me of the chorus from "Spanish Pipedream".

"Blow up your t.v., throw away your paper
    Go to the country, build you a home
    Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
    Try an' find Jesus on your own"

Still good advice.

Have a good day, y'all.
    Thanks, love JP. My favourite is Lake Marie. He will be missed.
    Beautiful day here. Going to wash the car and stand in the sun this PM.

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,310 Member
    @mariannedelanywright welcome, I found this to be a most supportive group. I admire the wonderful hobbies ppl share here, like about gardening. I don't garden but I've been very inspired to start. My husband has the green thumb & has several plants inside & out & some years ago made a raised veggie garden. oh, I actually did plant some mint in a very large planter outside & it's really taken off. I use it in our green juice I make & also tea
  • lindagalbreath577
    Hey everyone how yous doin? I am great!! I have been playing in my yard all afternoon got the fairy garden cleaned up and planted zinnias, yellow poppy’s, snapdragons , hollyhocks and sweet Williams I am so excited and the zinnias I planted along the back are coming up !!!!! Next is the rose beds. I am tired but it is a good tired. Will sleep good tonight! Oh and I planted camomile flowers they are daisy like oh and Shasta daisies it’s goin to be so colorful!! Have a good night everyone stay healthy🤓🌷🌹🦋
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Hey everyone how yous doin? I am great!! I have been playing in my yard all afternoon got the fairy garden cleaned up and planted zinnias, yellow poppy’s, snapdragons , hollyhocks and sweet Williams I am so excited and the zinnias I planted along the back are coming up !!!!! Next is the rose beds. I am tired but it is a good tired. Will sleep good tonight! Oh and I planted camomile flowers they are daisy like oh and Shasta daisies it’s goin to be so colorful!! Have a good night everyone stay healthy🤓🌷🌹🦋

Reading about your gardening efforts makes me happy. Which state are you in?
  • lindagalbreath577
    I am in Oregon. We have had mostly rain so when the sun shines you get out in it. I love to garden. What state are you from?
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Finally garden sorted, all paths cleaned and fences painted now to crack on with veg growing, curly kale looking ace, beans doing well and tomato plants shooting up!
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    I am in Oregon. We have had mostly rain so when the sun shines you get out in it. I love to garden. What state are you from?

What a beautiful place to live! If I had the wherewithal, it would be lovely to live there or in Washington. But since i don't, I'm in upper South Texas. The environment here (heat, regular drought, and voracious bugs) makes gardening brutal a lot of the time, but we all keep optimistically at it.
  • lindagalbreath577
    Good morning everyone!! Another day of Sonshine!! So I will be out in the rose beds getting those cleaned up. What is everyone up to today? Let us rember today is Good Friday. The day our Savior gave His life for each one of us. His body was broken and His blood was shed that we may have salvation. But He did not stay in the grave Sunday is coming! Have a blessed day🌹🦋🌷💖
  • barbiecat
    :) Just home from a long walk with the dogs and my regular walking friend. Dancing this morning. Riding exercise bike, dog walking, and yard work this afternoon. We have sunshine here, too.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Do you want a laugh? Go to Youtube and look for Family Lockdown Boogie. Best thing I've seen all week online. There's a video interview of the young man, too which is also sort of funny/odd.
  • barbiecat
    :)j29t Are you staying in your apartment by your personal choice or because it is mandated by the place you live? I have friends who are staying indoors but only one is mandated by the facility she lives in. The others have chosen to stay indoors and receive grocery deliveries left at the door and see no one. I love reading about your positive choices and your great attitude.

<3 Barbie
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    @barbiecat, I'm staying in my apartment by my choice since I'm worried about the coming and going of multiple family, health assistants and distribution services in the 200 unit building. Our building common areas are closed and all activities are cancelled. I have groceries delivered as needed. I love my downsized lifestyle but it would have been easier to do this in the home with big yard we moved from. My children each really wanted me to come live with them until distancing is no longer necessary. I feel it's my responsibility to stay healthy and not possibly expose them unknowingly. We are all in this together (just not face to face.) The state where I live is in stay at home mandate except for essential services. Thank you for your kind words and inspiration too. Stay safe.