WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Sharon- he grins y laughs so thinks it hurts less than his. Guess I’m bugs bunny or the coyote

Carol- Really you can’t bring your own bags now? The plastic bags their using is making me feel less safe (we should use paper or washable cloth ones only in my opinion) . Here they have plastic bags only y I forgot my cloth ones in my 1 trip out but saw others with them still. Hubby won’t take the cloth ones wish he would tho.

Amber Tx

Taking a cleaning break
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Michele - Best wishes for Vince and you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    Carol - yes, it will be interesting to see if I get any push-back bringing in my own basket. I've been shopping at these stores for years and know most of the cashiers by name so doubt anyone will call me on it.

Rebecca - interesting how the commissary limits the number of customers by doling out the carts. Seems like a good way to do it, actually. I agree - if you are bagging the items into your own bags, no one should complain! Understand about the tippers and not wanting to touch other people's bags, some of the Walmart cashiers have mentioned some pretty dirty ones come through - and that's just what they can see.

The Safeway this morning had "one-way" aisles yet everyone could congregate closely in the produce, deli and meat sections if they so desired. They shut down 2 of 4 self-checkouts because they were closer than 6' apart, yet folks with hand carts were ganging up to go thru them and so as not to impede other shoppers where the queues were long.

I give them credit for trying but it appears to be kind of pointless. :o

Got in a quick walk with neighbor D - :) No extra's joined. As long as we keep the times "spontaneous" we should be OK and if someone wants to join now and then we won't let it bother us.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Ours got rid of baggers. The baggers are now stockers. The cashier scans it goes to the bagging area the customer bags y goes. The cashier will bag for oldest only unless they have their own bags. This is what I saw at 1 store (I’ve only left home 1X in over a month),but hubby says that’s what he’s seeing at other stores too. But things change so fast now who knows. They put up sneeze guards who knows what the rules are now.

Amber Tx

Still no clue what to make for tomorrow my dog brains not coming up with nothin useful
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    stats for the day:

gave my legs a break

Bike ride home 2 dome, different route- 11.43min, 123mhr, 13.2amph, 2.57mi= 45c
    Apple Watch- 75c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta, different route- 15.57min, 13.5amph, 146mhr, 3.59mi= 137c
    apple watch- 143c
    walk sta to wrk w/heavy bkpack- 7.50min, 120mhr, 13.30min mi, .58mi= 21c
    apple watch- 50c
    Walk wrk 2 sta w/bkpack- 7.16min, 4.1ap, .49mi= 61c
    Apple Watch- 52c
    bike ride dome 2 home, windy- 18.36mi, 8.3amph, 146mhr, 2.57mi= 168c
    Apple Watch- 147c

total cal 497
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    :)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    MACHKA ~ Your photos of the scenery where you live are so pretty. What a blessing to live in such a lovely place.

Carol in GA

I am very thankful we are here during all of this!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    @Katla49 I think very few if any are going to have school before next fall. I hope we have school next fall. i'm not even sure. In France the official message at present is that school is suspended until May 5. A collegue had a meeting with one school director and there is no way they are going back to school on May 5. In China i think none have gone back to school and the virus is said to be more contained there.

School is continuing here in Australia. It's online for those who can have their kids at home, and in person for essential workers.

Right now it's Easter holidays and the kids don't go back till toward the end of April, so that's OK anyway, but when the next term starts, it'll go back to online/essential.

M in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRs been crying for everything I tossed from the garage...garbage mans not coming until Monday.Going to be a long few days. Waiting for him to fall asleep!
    Amber Tx
    Funnies
    nkds0a1f3rw7.jpeg
    rfvq1t1r0nf7.jpeg
    2p9jkm9fkm82.jpeg
    7ju89pbzbdc9.jpeg
    5u4vu2pe20y2.jpeg
    mqdtzdjd2plx.jpeg
    r3y6al90znta.jpeg
    xza3w339scr9.jpeg
    qxst822gz55x.jpeg
    6coxznfbyz73.jpeg
    n75fuwmdex13.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Keep in mind ladies the fees Machka posted are in Australian dollars. The exchange rate is listed as $1 US dollar=.63 Australian dollar👍
    💖Rebecca

True!

But our cost of living is higher ...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Australia/United-States/Cost-of-living

But we don't need to worry about it if we comply. :)

M in Oz
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Michele-Wishing the best for you and Vince! <3

Stay well friends,
    Carey-Northern Alberta