What are you grateful for today?

Replies

• saynow111
    saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
    I grateful for my family they are my shelter from the harsh life very hard 😢😢
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    My 1st floor apt's patio door is wide open... too early for high humidity, safe, quiet... no highway traffic sounds, at all, which is a bit disconcerting, I must say, as it's the norm & nary a squawking bird or barking dog... at 9am.

Odd, but as a lifetime megametropolis dweller who's learned to tune out constant, overbearing sound... the peace & quiet is enormously strange, but welcomed. May not seem like a lot to the suburban/rural people... but, I've never in my life before experienced complete silence. It's very healing & may be in the forefront of the remainder of my life... excess noise is jarring to the soul... 'til recently, I've known nothing else.

It's a good day.

I like quiet too
    I like to sit at home and only hear the intermittent hum of the fridge, birds outside, furnace turning on - no tv, music, people
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My 1st floor apt's patio door is wide open... too early for high humidity, safe, quiet... no highway traffic sounds, at all, which is a bit disconcerting, I must say, as it's the norm & nary a squawking bird or barking dog... at 9am.

Odd, but as a lifetime megametropolis dweller who's learned to tune out constant, overbearing sound... the peace & quiet is enormously strange, but welcomed. May not seem like a lot to the suburban/rural people... but, I've never in my life before experienced complete silence. It's very healing & may be in the forefront of the remainder of my life... excess noise is jarring to the soul... 'til recently, I've known nothing else.

It's a good day.

I like quiet too
    I like to sit at home and only hear the intermittent hum of the fridge, birds outside, furnace turning on - no tv, music, people

one day last week *when it wasn't SNOWING* we sat on the deck. there was no traffic sound at all. birds everywhere... it was like every bird in the world was singing. so beautiful - very surreal though
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Grateful to still be employed and that having a government job means I get a four day weekend for Easter.

Grateful that the snow is almost gone so I can spend my time working in the yard, with no human contact.

Grateful that I have a home gym.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    I've got a dozen eggs left.

That should take me through 2-wks before I venture out to shop again... although last time, there were no eggs, boo... & I have no mask, so... we'll see what transpires on May Day.

Have a wonderful week, All!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    The black pepper bacon & egg sandwich I made for breakfast was quite nice.

Have a great day, All!

weird.

I had the same thing today.

Mine was on homemade sourdough toast with egg, bacon, black pepper and avocado.

I'm also bored out of my mind & trying not to graze out of boredom.

... time to hit the home gym.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Talking to my nutritionist for a scheduled 30-day check-up (umm, that I forgot about) and realizing how much on track I was with my overall plan, despite "only" losing ~2.5 lbs in the past month. So...I'm grateful she followed up lol
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    I'm grateful for my loved ones, that I still have a job, for my health, the ability to laugh everyday and see the beauty in things all around me.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Today I'm grateful to have re-discovered a game from my childhood. And having just as much fun with it now, as I did then.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Life ♥
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Today I'm grateful to have re-discovered a game from my childhood. And having just as much fun with it now, as I did then.

Which one???
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @mattig89ch How dare you not say which one and include full rules.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    mattig89ch wrote: »

Which one???

@MaltedTea

Once Upon a Knight, aka KnightShift. Little top down RPG and RTS game. Made by Reality Pump studios. They also made the Earth 2150 games too. Which I also loved.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Rn...... My job
  • mi_nina_lola
    Life ♥

i'm grateful for your life <3
  • mi_nina_lola
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    Sunscreen. It saved my pasty white skin today

Scuse me sir...
    You need to tell me where abouts in Ontario where it’s needed to wear sunscreen like that because there ain’t no sun where I’m at

Western Ontario 😅...the 'Peg . Stand down,it's cloudy and chilly now .

just sunny and cold here today and almost all the snow is gone! 11 friday PegCityMan - woohoooooooooooo
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    grateful for today?

let's see... still employed (that's huge)

still healthy (that's more hugeerer)

my mad grammar skillz