Accountability Partner for a girl trying to 170-->130

Hey! I'm 26 and about 5'6 and 170 pounds and need an accountability partner. Would ideally LOVE to lose 40 pounds in the next year or so. Just someone to message and talk about good decisions and losing weight! Thanks!

Replies

• zzk0485
    zzk0485 Posts: 51 Member
    Ill add you! I need someone to talk to on a daily basis for support too!
  • Harris_2018
    Harris_2018 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi ladies I’m in as well feel free to add I’m 181 trying to drop to 140 I’m 5’2”
  • sadiej3232
    sadiej3232 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey guys! A little motivation Monday for you guys! Never stop believing in yourself. You got this! You can achieve these goals and more if you put your mind to it. As a fellow workout fanatic I too need the motivation but I find motivating others helps me too!
  • WagsTowson
    WagsTowson Posts: 30 Member
    Please add me, I'm also about 170, and trying for 150. I'm age 61, so not sure more than 20lbs more is possible I've lost about 18 already as I was nearly 190 last June. I have stalled out over the last few weeks and hit the dreaded plateau! I really could use a friend or two on the journey. Tomorrow I am committed to a long walk and/or a 45 min workout! Ask me how I did please 😌
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    If you want someone who’s done it and those possibilities motivate you, feel free to add. I’m 5’5 and I started at 179. I’m now 130s and maintaining the last two years or more!
  • WagsTowson
    Got my walk in this afternoon and hope to do some arm exercises tonight. How did you all do today?
  • odacallison
    odacallison Posts: 1 Member
    Me! I am 181 & 5’7. Looking to get into the 150’s. It is going to be very hard...
  • larissajoubert
    larissajoubert Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I’d love to join if possible. I have about 30 lbs to lose. 5’8 at 170
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Me too please! Im 5ft4, started at 160lbs 6 days ago, and would ideally love to get to 133lbs!!! First goal is to get to 152lb as I want to be able to feel like Im winning!!
    I dont know how to add people but would people to talk to and share food ideas and diarys with to keep me accountable!!
  • devinreadsalot
    devinreadsalot Posts: 1 Member
    I’m in the same boat! Starting about 175, I’m 5’5” and wanting to get down to about 140. Would love some inspo/accountability!
  • camillekg88
    camillekg88 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey I need the same thing!! I'm 5'5 172lbs and want to get down to 135lbs. 🙂😊 Can you all share the amount of calories you eat daily? I eat 1550 but I still feel a little hungry later.
  • WagsTowson
    I'm generally managing to stay between 1200-1300 calories most days. If I could exercise more I might be in pretty good shape. However, I have an intense desk job, a hubby who likes 'treats', and trouble with willpower! I'm trying to stretch between meal snacking by chewing a piece of gum. I am happy to hear from others on how you plan meals, exercise etc. I've lost about 18lbs since last June, but have hit a plateau I want to break.
  • crystalgmcgregor
    crystalgmcgregor Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to join this group. I have 45 pounds to lose. I lost 30 pounds two years ago and gained it all back within a year. Looking for support in getting all the way to the finish line and maintaining.
  • kiay131982
    I really hear you with the hubby that likes treats! I will be doing so well and he will walk in with a cheesecake and my willpower goes! :)
    Im trying to plan breakfasts as if I start the day wrong then its all screwed in my head for the whole day. I just dont know what to eat for breakfast other than eggs and that gets boring quick!! I have made overnight oats for tomorrow but it feels like a lot of my calories for so early in the day....
  • treema04
    treema04 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to join this group too! I am 5”5 and 160. I would love to drop to 135. I have gained 20 pounds this year due to an emergency surgery and other life related stress. (Hubby was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer). I need to take care of me, not just him!

In response of what to eat for breakfast, I have generally followed a pretty healthy lifestyle and eating habits. Kiay131982, have you tried plain Greek yogurt with some honey and some berries and a little granola? It’s is delicious and well rounded with protein, grains, fruit and good fat! That is what I ate for breakfast this morning and I still feel nice and full 2 hours later.
  • kiay131982
    treema04 wrote: »
    I would love to join this group too! I am 5”5 and 160. I would love to drop to 135. I have gained 20 pounds this year due to an emergency surgery and other life related stress. (Hubby was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer). I need to take care of me, not just him!

In response of what to eat for breakfast, I have generally followed a pretty healthy lifestyle and eating habits. Kiay131982, have you tried plain Greek yogurt with some honey and some berries and a little granola? It’s is delicious and well rounded with protein, grains, fruit and good fat! That is what I ate for breakfast this morning and I still feel nice and full 2 hours later.

Sorry to hear about your husband, but yes... You need to look after you too xx

Regarding food, we are somewhat self Limiting because we dont buy any food packaged in plastic, and as much as possible we buy everything loose. This does mean that greek yogurt and berries (unless its their season and we can pick them) are off the table for us xx
  • WagsTowson
    Kiay, have you gotten an instant pot yet? I understand you can make yogurt in an instant pot although I have not done it yet.

It looks like we're getting a good group together here! We all seem to have about the same goal ranges in mind, and similar starting points. I forgot to get on the scale this morning. Friday or Saturday mornings are my normal days to weigh myself. How can I have forgotten two days in a row?
  • kiay131982
    WagsTowson wrote: »
    Kiay, have you gotten an instant pot yet? I understand you can make yogurt in an instant pot although I have not done it yet.

It looks like we're getting a good group together here! We all seem to have about the same goal ranges in mind, and similar starting points. I forgot to get on the scale this morning. Friday or Saturday mornings are my normal days to weigh myself. How can I have forgotten two days in a row?

Yep, we have tried making our own yogurt, but it didnt work... Was truly awful!!! I might have another crack though :)

• thelizhellen
    thelizhellen Posts: 2 Member
    I’m looking for an accountability partner too! I’m 33, 5’6” and currently about 155lbs. I’m looking to get to 130lbs. I’m struggling with motivation and exercise given everything going on with COVID-19 but would like to make a big change starting this week.
  • WagsTowson
    Welcome Lizhelen! We have a nice group here. I'm sure we're really going to be able to encourage each other.
    I started my 'Happy Easter breakfast' by eating Badly! A huge breakfast that include a Hot Cross Bun (pastry). However, it's pretty nice here today so after 'virtual' church I'm going out for a non-virtual walk 😊.