Need healthy snack ideas

Options
I’m a *kitten* cook, I can’t cook to save my life. I love to eat and I just need healthy snacks with high protein etc that I can just eat loads of that won’t make me put on loads of extra calories.

Replies

• WagsTowson
    WagsTowson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Soak almonds in salty water overnight, then rinse them and drain. Lay them out on a paper towel to dry for about 24 hours. Put them in a bowl and drizzle about 1tablespoon of olive or coconut oil over them and mix well. Put the on the baking sheet (no paper towel this time), and bake about 20 min at 400 degrees. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Stir once during baking. Very high protein, healthy and filling.
  • jessharris189
    jessharris189 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like having cottage cheese for my protein snacks - 100g is 85calories. You can make it sweet by adding fruits, or savoury by adding S+P and having it with some deli ham on rice crackers. You can also mix it with PB, and a square of dark choc for a dessert type snack.

hard boiled eggs are an easy protein snack. grill some chicken with some seasonings you like and portion it into your cal/protein goals and eat them like nuggets.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    WagsTowson wrote: »
    Soak almonds in salty water overnight, then rinse them and drain. Lay them out on a paper towel to dry for about 24 hours. Put them in a bowl and drizzle about 1tablespoon of olive or coconut oil over them and mix well. Put the on the baking sheet (no paper towel this time), and bake about 20 min at 400 degrees. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Stir once during baking. Very high protein, healthy and filling.

Nice idea...except he wants to eat loads of it without tons of calories and almonds are a very calorie dense food as is, nevermind adding more oil to them.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    my go to protein in-between meal snacks:
    • Beef jerky
    • Cottage cheese
    • Hard boiled eggs
    • Light & Fit Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries
    • Tuna fish mixed with avocado on 50 calorie whole wheat toast
    • Peanut butter & honey on 50 calorie whole wheat toast
    • Pure Protein Bar chocolate deluxe
  • fluffypetals
    fluffypetals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ugh, chronic snacker here! The safest snack I’ve found are baby carrots! The crunch is soooo satisfying and I pair it with a normal dip so I can trick myself into feeling like I’m having chips!!
    Thanks for making this thread! Excited to see other tips from people!!
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What kind of food do you like to eat ? Any diet restrictions?
    You are not a bad cook and you can do more than you think. I wish when I was younger , I realized how easy it is to cook well, yummy, healthy, and cheaply. Instead I ate a lot of takeout and processed foods.
    For example, take some boneless skinless chicken breast, slice it up into chunks, mix with a little oil and salt and spices . Throw it into the air fryer and voila you got a protein meal that will last you for a few days.
    It’s also quite easy to cook vegetables . Shop around the outer border of the supermarket.