What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    The Easter Feast--deviled eggs, Asiago Carrot Bread, and salami for the appetizer.
    Cannelloni stuffed w spinach, egg and ricotta cheese, in tomato sauce w mozzarella cheese
    baked in the oven.
    Skinless chicken thighs, passed in yogurt and rolled in a mixture of bread crumbs, grated
    lemon peel, parmigiano, parsley, and garlic. Roasted potatoes in EVOO and rosemary.
    Colombo (Italian sweet bread which is traditional), a chocolate cake I baked, and dark
    chocolate eggs.
    Limoncello (lemon liquore)
  • EnterNihil
    EnterNihil Posts: 67 Member
    4o2x3xb4lqwq.jpeg
    Shuba
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    A massive egg white omelette that was hiding goat cheese, garlic and sundried tomatoes in its folds of high protein goodness. Oh, and a quarter of an avocado on the side.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 81 Member
    Ham, grilled chicken, deviled eggs, squash casserole, corn on the cob, fruit salad, coconut pie. Plus my mom made her famous macaroni salad!
  • snowflake954
    Pasta w white beans, chopped tomatoes, matchstick sliced zucchini, fresh basil, EVOO, black pepper, and garlic.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Seventies starter of avocado vinaigrette. Pan fried sea bass, air fryer oven chips, sauteed sugar snaps.
    n2odzu6jqys4.jpeg
    0ylaa1qw7lo1.jpeg

• Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Sauteed smoky tempeh slices & homemade vegan mushroom risotto with a bit of wilted spinach thrown in
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Baked Spaghetti Squash with Puttanesca-like Sauce

No pics taken. A CV19 lockdown mix of fresh and pantry ingredients. Good tasting, filling and kindly resultant MFP macros. The sauce was basically an improv, which is what I understand the origin of puttanesca itself to be.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    last night: Beef burgers, Zoodles and fries.
    this morning: Berries, banana, spinach protein smoothie.
  • pandaapo
    pandaapo Posts: 10 Member
    stew made with aubergine tomato green pepper onion garlic tomato paste tomato and minced beef and lots of spices <3 yum
  • mjbnj0001
    CV19 Lockdown Adlib Moroccan-Influenced Chicken Over Couscous

"You feast first with your eyes," is a saying, and this doesn't look like much in the pic. But it tasted great and was filling. More interestingly, this is mostly a product of cans and long-term stores from the pantry: canned chicken, dried couscous, dehydrated vegetables, canned tomato paste, chicken bouillon, canned black olives, golden raisins (only fresh: sauteed onions and some celery for greenery). I also tossed in some leftover canned green beans for the heck of it.

While we wait on our next fresh delivery, produce remains scarce, fresh chicken nonexistent and condiments/etc., pretty much limited to what we have on hand. Fortunately, that includes a jar of Ras el Hanout spice mix, which made this stew savory and rich.

We just got delivery of the canned chicken, and, as in the instance of the beef I posted about last week, isn't really appealing straight out of the can. But it works really well with the proper supporting cast of ingredients and prep method. Note that the chicken is sold as "chunk" but looks shredded here - that's a result of the extended time braising and stirring. I made the tri-color couscous with some dehydrated veg to add some more flavor interest and nutritional side benefits.

MFP approximates a serving of the chicken stew portion at 320 cals, 29g protein, 8g fat, 32g carb. I figure in the couscous separately. The "adlib" in the recipe title is my way of saying, "I threw stuff in the pot until it seemed right."

fzw6j3mz9aa5.jpg

• mjbnj0001
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Rappini, mushrooms, fish and some spices 😉

getting fresh fish is a casualty of the lockdown here. and, since i live at the shore, it is usually plentiful. well, maybe another month ...
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Chicken curry with cauliflower rice and greek yogurt

71nq7k5nw99u.png
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese with bacon & sweet peas! It was soooo delish!
  • snowflake954
    Risotto w mushrooms, zucchini, zucchini flowers, EVOO, black pepper, white wine, low fat milk ( I used it instead of cream ), and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • snowflake954
    Grilled salmon, toasted pita points w olive pate', asparagus w EVOO, and chopped small oval tomatoes w fresh basil, EVOO, salt, lemon pepper and a touch of salt.
  • laughingdakini1
    laughingdakini1 Posts: 52 Member
    Vegetarian chili with all kinds of organic vegetables and beans and tvp (textured vegetable protein). It was so good we ate it for two days in a row this week and wished there was more! It was so rich and tasty and not heavy in fat or calories--yum yum yum!