TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Replies

• Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Weekly Weight-in
    PW:167.4
    CW: 168.8

YIKES, I can see that it is my calories and I think that it is also my self-control. I only have so much to go around and I am feeling I have more on my plate than worrying about my weight is not one of them.

I think it’s affecting us all. But you’ll get back on track
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 222.8
    CW: 221.2
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Happy Easter!!
    April 12: Week 3

PW: 225.5
    CW: 226.1
    🙄🤔
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Happy Sunday (Easter)!

I think I need to take a moment and share some of my recent struggles. I am hoping that sharing what I'm going though helps me, or helps someone else......ideally both.

Don't feel compelled to read my story....it's a long one....mostly needed to get it out into the open and be honest with myself and this was my way of admitting what I haven't been able to admit to myself.
    I am trying to take a moment today and address how I've handled or mishandled my stress recently. I think that's probably the best way to put it. I don't even really think that until yesterday I recognized just how stressed I am. I've had some recent changes in my life that have made me.....less focused on my health which is probably the most constructive way to describe what I've been doing.

At one point in March, I had reached a weight of 129.9 lbs. This was oddly enough a point where I felt really happy despite how hard it was to get lower, I decided I wasn't willing to do what was necessary to see if lower was possible as I am sure that it is based on my body fat percentage, however I decided that 110 lbs lost was enough, I was finally happy with my progress and who I had become. I decided to transition myself to more of a maintenance and more of a body re-composition phase than straight weight/fat loss. I really felt like the weight wasn't what mattered so much as how I looked and felt, and for the first time, I was really very happy with both of those things. So while I still weighed myself every day, I decided I was going to change how I was eating or rather how much I was eating. I felt like I could do better for myself if I increased my intake a bit and tried to focus on getting stronger, something I haven't done in a long time.

As it turns out, I may have a problem with consumption still to this day. The more I eat, the more I want to eat and the less control I have. I decided that it was okay if I was a little hungrier and that I weighed a little more and soon, very very quickly I was already at 135 lbs. I decided I was okay with that, and I'd worry about it if I got to 140. Quickly again 140 came, and then it went. The story continues. I kept letting myself be okay with the gain because I kept trying to tell myself the scale wasn't telling the whole story.

The thing is, the scale does matter, not entirely, but it does tell a piece of the story. You can't gain on the scale and there not be something going on. The reality is, you're gaining something, muscle would be ideal, fat is likely even if you are still gaining muscle and you can still retain some water, causing the scale to not be 100% truthful. And in my case, the cold hard truth is I stepped on the scale today and a number I haven't seen since May 8, 2019. I had to go all the way back to there to see when I last weighed 155 lbs.

Today is the day I face the facts.....and realize that what I'm doing is not working and that I have an eating problem. The truth is, I'd like to think that I'm capable of properly feeding myself and not overeating, but the truth is, I am not. I have to me mindful of what and how much I am eating. I think I've been eating my feelings despite not realizing it, or realizing that I've been having feelings.

Oddly enough, I work from home, workout at home (basement in my gym and treadmill in my office) so the reality is that this routine isn't new for me in that respect. However, my husband is now working from home, driving me crazy and I've been promoted at work, which has more than doubled my hours at work and the adjustment there has been a bit tougher than I thought. Couple that with how nuts things have been at work for me with the virus, something that makes sense to me now, but didn't see it coming somehow.

I am not sharing this as a way of whining, there are many people out there who have things far worse than me. I am sharing, one because I think that I need to. I need to be able to look at this objectively and realize that I am human, humans have issues, are not perfect and we all have something we can improve on. The thing that surprises me is I am not past my eating issues. It surprises me how quickly I can go back to those old ways, the old me. It really shocks me, there just aren't words strong enough to express how surprised I really am. I mean I've lost 110 lbs and somehow gained 26 in like 5 weeks. That is..........extreme.......there is no way to describe it other than that. The crazier part is how much I still work out.....and still managed to gain that much....I just really can't believe it, but there it is. Numbers on a scale.

Today I decided to start over. Again. I made a meal plan, for myself, that I wrote in 2 places, in my notebook/diary and on my chalkboard above my desk. I've done this before, I can do it again, I WILL do it again and this time, I will do it differently when I get back to where I want to be. I have to be more mindful of what I'm doing. I have to validate my feelings, even if I don't want to, realize that I have feelings, that there is a reason and I need to address them, however hard that is to do. Putting them a box and trying to ignore them.....really hasn't worked.

I sort of think this is probably true for a lot of people. We try to be strong and ignore our vulnerabilities so that we can push forward and get where we want to go, or need to go, but I'm starting to think that we need to embrace where we are and embrace the journey to be successful and stay successful. It is after all, a journey and we all experience it differently, and will go through different things along the way as well. I think that we change and grow throughout the process, and it's important to recognize that. It's important to validate how we feel along the way. This is something I did not do and am vowing to do as I get back to where I was and where I want to be.

Thanks for listening! Hope this helps even one other person who may be struggling. You aren't alone, we all face struggles one time or another. It's what we do next that counts!!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Daily Post Sunday

Track❌
    Calories❌
    Exercise ✔
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Apr Wk 3 - Sun, 4/12

Happy Easter! 🐣💐
    Track: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: None - sick in bed half the day.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour treadmill.

Comments: Day One on plan. I will take it. Gotta start somewhere.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    Daily Post Sunday week 3

Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise kettlebell
    Comments great day!
  • Jen_967
    edited April 2020
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **April Week 2**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):
    @caloricus
    @Dustyspal.
    @Jen_967.
    @Kin59vara.
    @southgirl94.
    @vicky2767.
    @Fanncy0626.
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

"Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st @Dustyspal- 1.87%
    2nd @CindyJNC1963- 1.59%
    3rd @WMEJA- 0.66%
    uohume43ad88.gif
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Week 3
    Sunday
    PW: 200
    CW: 202.2
  • Jen_967
    Daily Post
    Week 3 (Sunday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: way over
    Exercise: no

Well, not a good day! I tracked all day until after dinner and at that point I was under. But since then I all I have been doing is nibbling on everything. So I just stopped tracking. I didn’t even want to know. Ugh!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    CindyJNC1963

April: Week #3

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 160.6
    CW: 159.9

I don't know how long it's been since I have been in the 150's.
  • Jen_967
    CindyJNC1963

April: Week #3

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 160.6
    CW: 159.9

I don't know how long it's been since I have been in the 150's.

Good for you! Nice loss! 😃
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    edited April 2020
    osier5
    Sunday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 174.5
    CW 177
    :(
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member