Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    alexmose wrote: »
    To whoever said add more water to oats, God bless you. Blueberries, apples, couple peanuts, choc protein powder for fun.

Wait...... you really didnt know you can add more water to oatmeal???

I always eyeballed it. But I intentionally added a ton this time!!
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    I’m starting to become more of a volume eater. I’ve struggled with an eating disorder in the past and now that I’m not so restrictive I really enjoy getting to eat a lot of food that I don’t have to feel bad about, but I still struggle with getting to a point where I feel full, being both very active and vegetarian. I would love to eat an even greater volume of veggies and fruit but it gets pricey.

Not a great idea to start trying to volume eating if your recovering or have had EDs
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    To whoever said add more water to oats, God bless you. Blueberries, apples, couple peanuts, choc protein powder for fun.

fnbe1fl3b2h7.jpg

Mine today!! 25 g oats, 250 ml water, cooked on very low in microwave for 5 mins then added 10 g oat bran and 30 g chocolate soy protein powder

Protoplasm: if you can turn down the power level on your microwave you can cook it longer, making it absorbs more water, without overflowing
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Made some 'cookies' (80 calories for 17 cookies) - They were 'ok'....
    And of course more Mocha ice 'cream' and thought I'd try out the Dagona 'craze' using a coffee (barley/chicory, etc., ) alternative ...it worked!

wi9hgwq7n55s.jpg
    ibh6xn1awtyw.jpg
    j0z7eek189wh.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    @just_Tomek - Thanks...I'm quite liking the 'coffee'
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Made some 'cookies' (80 calories for 17 cookies) - They were 'ok'....
    And of course more Mocha ice 'cream' and thought I'd try out the Dagona 'craze' using a coffee (barley/chicory, etc., ) alternative ...it worked!

wi9hgwq7n55s.jpg
    ibh6xn1awtyw.jpg
    j0z7eek189wh.jpg

We're gonna need the deets on those cookies please. What the heck are they and did you like them?
  • PAPYRUS3
    These 'cookies' were ok...would be much better with maybe some 'crunch' action too....maybe next time:

Dry:
    2.5 grams of oat fiber (Anthony's)
    1.5 grams of coconut flour
    1.5 grams of vanilla protein whey powder
    1 gram each chia and flax meal
    Baking powder/Xanthum gum and baking soda (around 1/4 tsp. each)
    salt/cinnamon/stevia

Wet:
    25 gram of canned pure pumpkin
    10 gram of dry cottage cheese curd
    12 grams of greek yogurt
    63 grams of egg whites

Whip the egg whites - add xanthum and continue to whip.
    Blend all the rest of the wet ingredients separately. Gently fold into egg whites.
    Blend dry ingredients and again gently fold into egg white mixture

I piped them out baked around 7-8 minutes @ 350. I think if I make them again, I'll turn off the temperature after 7-8 minutes and let them crisp up a bit more.
  • PAPYRUS3

Did you just make that foam with coffee on the bottom or is that a bowl full of that foam???

The last picture is just the whipped up coffee. Didn't have any almond milk, so I later put some on a bit of yogurt and ice 'cream' 🙃
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member

Did you just make that foam with coffee on the bottom or is that a bowl full of that foam???

All of the Dalgona coffee posts had me inspired to make a coffee fluff for the last few weeks. The milk part on the bottom doesn’t appeal to me, but a big bowl of whipped coffee definitely does.
    I don’t have a picture, but I made a fantastic bowl yesterday. Pretty much the same recipe and procedure as your standard protein fluff, just minus the protein powder and plus some instant coffee powder. I topped it with a little cocoa powder and some granulated stevia. Super low in calorie for such a decadent feeling treat!

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I also prefer large volumes of food, but I don't really eat fruits or veggies, so it is something I struggle with. Following along for, hopefully, some good ideas.

My best addition to this thread, though it's not "real food" is probably going to be protein fluff. Basically, 1 scoop of casein, 10ish oz of a liquid, and a little xanthan gum, then whip the hell out of it... ends up having the consistency very similar to mousse or whipped cream.

https://youtu.be/oR3Z028prSU

AWesome! I am going to try it with plant protein.I use Glucomannan to make my protein super thick and make it warm, hot with cinnamon on top. I am having that right now :)

I am not sure plant protein works for fluff... I think casein is required (doesn't have to be 100%, protein powders that have a mix of it and whey also work - like Quest).

Volume- Pea Protein works for me a ton!! Also, Sunwarrior Warrior blend chocolate is fantastic for volume.
    Adding Glucomannan powder (Konjak root) does incredible things for smoothies, oats and soups. I have used it for years. It is available on line. It only takes a little. Similar to Xanthian but not as jelly like
  • PAPYRUS3
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »

All of the Dalgona coffee posts had me inspired to make a coffee fluff for the last few weeks. The milk part on the bottom doesn’t appeal to me, but a big bowl of whipped coffee definitely does.
    I don’t have a picture, but I made a fantastic bowl yesterday. Pretty much the same recipe and procedure as your standard protein fluff, just minus the protein powder and plus some instant coffee powder. I topped it with a little cocoa powder and some granulated stevia. Super low in calorie for such a decadent feeling treat!

I do pretty much the same...I use cold espresso for the 'liquid' needed for making...put a good amount of cocoa powder too as it is mixing...so yum
  • VegjoyP
    I have found my favorite thread! I am a major volumizer. Yay!
  • VegjoyP
    Five minutes, Tray of ice cubes, protein powder, pancake syrup and xanthan gum. Ohhhh and a food processor. 100cal 25g protein.

5qwhg90l7dmm.jpg

AWESOME! More directions?
  • VegjoyP
    Five minutes, Tray of ice cubes, protein powder, pancake syrup and xanthan gum. Ohhhh and a food processor. 100cal 25g protein.

5qwhg90l7dmm.jpg

AWESOME! More directions?

We have posted about 100 different variations in this thread lol
    To summerize, dump all into the food processor and let her rip watching it grow. Do not try to freeze some for later, unless you like flavoured ice cube.

LOL!! WEll I have been missing out and just found this awesomeness. Ive been scanning through the posts and putting recipes on desktop to use! I have some too that will be shared of course.
  • VegjoyP
    Has anyone gone on the site Chocolate Covered Kate??I love this site.

• lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    I’ve recently discovered I’m a volume eater. I would rather have three giant meals a day than spread everything out and eat small for 5 or 6 meals. BUT my issue is: I don’t do it with veggies! You guys are giving me great ideas and I love it!
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited May 2020
    Has anyone gone on the site Chocolate Covered Kate??I love this site.

I discovered her a few years ago - given me lots of good ideas

Regarding the ice 'cream' fluff, etc., I've been incorporating guar gum (a small, small amount 1/4 tsp. for entire blender amount) is helping with decreasing the 'iciness' factor - Increases viscosity and the smoothness of texture and resistance to melting increases. Lots of frozen desserts use guar gum I've noticed.
  • VegjoyP
    Made these brownies last night... under 450 calories for entire batch. https://www.thatslowcarb.com/keto-brownies-recipe/

Awesome
  • VegjoyP
    f2x9324lc9vl.jpg

Mocha Ice 'Cream' w/frozen Greek yogurt hearts on top....yum

WOW this looks awesome!

Thanks - easy to make - just time to blend and blend and blend and a few hours to freeze:
    Equipment:

You NEED to have a powerful blender - like a Vitamix (I have a Ninja 'Professional' blender)

1/8 cup of cold strong coffee into blender
    1 tsp of vanilla/caramel extract and sweetener of choice ( I use Stevia)
    *I’ve been now using stevia along with some Salted Chocolate/Espresso Jordan Skinny Syrup too!
    2 TBSP. of dark cocoa powder (or more if you like)
    Add 1/2 tray of ice - blender to break up. Add remaining ice cubes blend again.
    Add another 1/2 tray of ice - blend. Sometimes more.
    Add 1 tsp. of Xanthum gum (keeps it less icy and really thickens it up.

Put in freezer for a few hours and then it's 'ready' - or just eat the fluff straight away (much more like ice cream though if you freeze it) Add whatever to make it yummy - berries, etc.,

Not bad for around 25-30 calories!
    *the Greek Yogurt Hearts are just plain yogurt frozen into little silicon molds.

Another new for me. I am loosening this thread