Last film you saw...

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Welp, that settles it then. Thanks for the insights @just_Tomek and @_Miss_chievous_. You both saved me $20 so consider this a legally binding IOU!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The Invisible man

Both @jjpptt2 and I are waiting for your insight on this one. I can't bring myself to pay $20 to rent a stream for two days. At least let me buy it! However, I love Ms. Moss. I'm torn.

Or, has anyone else seen Invisible Man?

For $20 I would skip it. It's an ok movie but not great to be honest. I have enjoyed it but would not pay $20 to watch it once.

You are in Canada, look into IPTV.

I agree. I was dumb enough to pay 20$ 🤣 but I liked the movie.

Lol

Just forked over $20 to directv for it... will be watching it later on.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Room For Rent, that was one wicked elderly lady.
  • MaltedTea
    @just_Tomek The one with Matthew McConaughey? Mmmk, that's more reasonable price wise. Off to make my popcorn!

Thanks for the assist!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Sex education. The characters are really well written and the depiction of different races and orientations feels so well-done. It's funny without trying too hard and the story is progressing so organically. Wokest show ever!
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    The Package on Netflix. I found it funny...but I can be immature.

p.s. The package is a penis. 🚀
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    arrival
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The Invisible man

Both @jjpptt2 and I are waiting for your insight on this one. I can't bring myself to pay $20 to rent a stream for two days. At least let me buy it! However, I love Ms. Moss. I'm torn.

Or, has anyone else seen Invisible Man?

For $20 I would skip it. It's an ok movie but not great to be honest. I have enjoyed it but would not pay $20 to watch it once.

You are in Canada, look into IPTV.

I agree. I was dumb enough to pay 20$ 🤣 but I liked the movie.

Lol

Just forked over $20 to directv for it... will be watching it later on.

Wasn't terrible, but definitely not $20-rental good.
  • MaltedTea
    Corporate Animals (2019)
    - Got bad reviews on Google Play but it was only CAD$0.99 to rent. Sue me: I liked it. The only thing the movie is missing is either Will Ferrell or Seth Rogan though. It's THAT kind of movie. Shout out to Demi Moore for embracing her "Karen"

The Gentlemen (2019)
    - My first Guy Ritchie movie, as recommended by @just_Tomek (thank you!). A slightly gory, intellectual comedy with a huge cast that goes meta if you're paying even more attention. Passing the recommendation forward: watch it if you can. Also, the Bugzy Malone song hits if you're into grime.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Again......I dig this movie

m829x384eppg.jpeg
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Stephen King's A Good Marriage I liked it, some little twists and turns came towards the end.

I just finished watching this, after scouring this thread for ideas !

Good movie really enjoyed it.

The preview looks great, thx for this. I'd like to see it.

And, if you liked that film, you'll surely love 2001's "Lantana". Shot in AU, La Paglia is a cop investigating a murder... had no idea he was a native AU 'til I saw this movie... his NYC tough guy police accent is very convincing... although, that's the give away, cuz he only mimics an inner city NYC accent. Nothing wrong in it... just noticeable.

In any event, the plot is different, acting is great (Geoffrey Rush, Barbara Hershey) & although slower moving, it mimics the oppressive heat of the environs, so I get it. It's very good, even though the trailer doesn't inspire.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259393/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Gamer
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    v for vendetta
  • spade117
    Running with the Devil
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,041 Member
    The gentlemen- I enjoyed it
  • spade117
    Onward.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    The Crazies
  • LoveyChar
    Blow The Man Down - I really liked this movie alot!!! The story was interesting and somewhat suspenseful at times and I also enjoyed the atmosphere, as I've never visited any of the New England states.

Before that, we watched Money Pit. I've seen this movie ten times before but love it, nonetheless.
  • spade117
    The Frozen Ground
  • LoveyChar
    edited April 2020
    I see You with Helen Hunt