Fasting for 16 hours and eating for 8hours

Can any one give me an advice on how it use this form of dieting?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    You go 16 hours without eating, and eat all your calories during an 8 hour window.

Remember that the best way to lose weight is to be in a calorie deficit. If internment fasting helps that's awesome.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Like harper16 said, you fast for 16 and feed in 8, you have to remember CICO or you won’t have good results.
    I do 20:4 everyday or OMAD and stay under my calorie goal for the most part. I’ve had success dropping 80 pounds from 10/1/19 until last Friday.
    My weight loss really picked up when I started clean fasting in my fast with just Perrier and black tea. I also gave up absolute zero monster and diet soda unless I want one in my window.
    Hope all this helps.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Luckee_me wrote: »
    Like harper16 said, you fast for 16 and feed in 8, you have to remember CICO or you won’t have good results.
    I do 20:4 everyday or OMAD and stay under my calorie goal for the most part. I’ve had success dropping 80 pounds from 10/1/19 until last Friday.
    My weight loss really picked up when I started clean fasting in my fast with just Perrier and black tea. I also gave up absolute zero monster and diet soda unless I want one in my window.
    Hope all this helps.

Just out of curiosity, what’s CICO? OMAD? 20:4?

CICO is calories in calories out.
    OMAD is one meal a day
    20:4 fast for 20 hours eat during a 4 hour window.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    @Harper16 I apologize, I was so less than helpful. I will add that just try it. Start out where ever you feel comfortable 16:8 18:6 and then work up until you find something that futs your lifestyle. You can do it.
    Good luck to you.