40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,887 Member
    Not having access to my gym's weight room is driving me bananas. And of course I was super late to the party, both in terms of stocking up on toilet paper, but also in outfitting a proper home gym. All I have at home is a few small dumbbells, maxing out at 25#...for reference, I use a LOT heavier in the gym. Every store I can think of in the city is completely sold out of dumbbells... I can order via Amazon, but the shipping costs more than the weights themselves. Finally, out of desperation today I located a couple resistance bands, will figure out how to give them a go. Better than nothing, I hope.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest & Focus T25: Alpha Cardio"=Done!
  • donnamharris2014
    donnamharris2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm really trying to get back into some sort of fitness after seeing a pic of myself recently and realising that I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Working from home and having 2 kids under 6yrs with you doesn't make it easy during lockdown. Anyone else on here doing T25? I started the programme today and wondered what others thought about it?
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    edited April 2020
    Hi, I'm really trying to get back into some sort of fitness after seeing a pic of myself recently and realising that I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Working from home and having 2 kids under 6yrs with you doesn't make it easy during lockdown. Anyone else on here doing T25? I started the programme today and wondered what others thought about it?

yup! just started another round with the GF!.
    "Focus T25: Alpha Speed 1.0"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »

I admire your commitment and dedication.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    I am hitting the weights, today. The increase in my workout frequency is slimming down my midsection.

-1/4” on natural waist
    -1/2” on belly button waist
    -1/4” on hips

It’s a start towards making sure I am healthy, healthy heading through the remainder of Wave 1 and definitely moving into Wave 2.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy wrote: »

I admire your commitment and dedication.

thanks...and back at ya! :)
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Stretch"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I have been lifting all the things this month...missed 1 stretch day, but since I've fit stretching in on a few extra days already, not too worried about it...also tracking the food...so far the scale is not my friend and I'm up a few pounds, but the mirror is looking nice and things are becoming more pronounced and less fluffy...I should do measurements one of these days...heading into phase 2 of beast this week, totally looking forward to it - so bored of lifting in general...not my favorite thing!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Alpha Cardio"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids hope all is well. We had a protest here in MD about the stay in place despite the escalating numbers on a daily basis. Schools are closed until May 15th. Needless to say Governor is feeding the masses a spoonful of information at a time to keep the rioting at bay. Masks are now required when you are out in public. Fighting through this has NOT been easy for me. I normally encourage other's and trying to find deeper strength to motivate and encourage myself. The dogs and I have been on very long walks as well as hikes. It beats nothing. What are things like in our respective neck of the woods? Stay safe everyone.
  • projas115
    projas115 Posts: 3 Member
    Fab at 50 normally 167 however, this pandemic threw me off a bit. 178 now but, I’ll bounce back!!
  • fitjaida
    fitjaida Posts: 14 Member
    Hey! I would love to join this group! Wow! It's so inspiring to see all the progress everyone has made. My goal is to be consistent!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
    so...the BOD has been working pretty good for weeks. today, nada! keeps telling me my password and email are wrong. they're not. so...I go on my phone and change the password...still doesn't work! oddly...the app on my fire stick works? so I had to lug ALL THE WEIGHTS AND SANDBAGS INTO THE LIVING ROOM! a whole workout in itself! why does one work but not the other? I'm SO pissed off right now!! I know a lot of people love the whole streaming thing. I'm happy for you. BUT...I hate it. so close to just quitting it and doing my own thing!