So... how come mfp is so quiet now?

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I'm keeping to my regime but veering towards maintenance/recomp since I don't have much to lose now. In terms of the boards being quiet, I don't tend to be all that active here but I am finding that I am spending much less time on all boards I used to frequent, whether to read or participate. Mostly it's because I am finding everything in lockdown takes up SO much time. I had fondly imagined box sets and loads of saxophone practice but no. By the time I have cooked, cleaned, washed etc (plus spent ages shopping) the day just flies away.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Usually always quiets down after New Year's resos have reset.

Usually as the warmer weather comes this place the dust settles.

Also I would hazard those who frequent here during work hours don't find it as entertaining as things they can do at home.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    When I go back to work may 1 it will be different for me because we arent allowed to be on our phones in any common areas, not that I have the time anyway, pretty busy with the residents, setting tables, serving meals, doing dishes, cant do that with a phone in your hands lol
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2020
    Wrong thread.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I'm working, and it's still easy for me to toggle over, as the work I'm doing is sitting at a desk writing stuff on the computer, when I'm not on the phone. However, the discussion about non coronavirus stuff seems way down (to the point that I think "yay, a sugar thread" which is not normal). It's partly always quieter this time of year than January, but I really do think that a lot of people are finding it harder to think about dieting stuff and so we don't get so many newbies in particular, who tended to make up a lot of the question-based threads.

Debate is way quiet too, however.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    coming from someone who used to post a lot...

I don't because I got sick and tired of being jabbed at and poked at and reported for inane stuff...that was alright one day then bam it wasn't without warning.

For example one day I reported a poster for being under aged...and let them know that I had reported them...just as an FYI...and not in a mean way (or that wasn't my intent)

I got put in Jail for that...without any recourse...I and many others had in previous times posted to underaged individuals that we had reported their profile as people under 18 aren't suppose to be here...without incident then all of the sudden it's not okay.

So there...when you silence people boards become quiet...and you are going to find that it becomes more and more quiet as people are silenced more and more...

I post a bit now and then but not nearly as much...I usually read the stuff that is repeated over and over again and see the same information being requested and given...and with the fear of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person or people assuming tone...no point in posting back usually.

*shrugs* I fully expect to get in trouble for this post.

I miss your posts and hope all is well in your world. :flowerforyou:
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    I agree, that's why I'm trying to be sympathetic to myself rather then critical cause honestly.. sometimes it's not even anything I did or could control, the pendulum as you put it, just swung the other way.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2020
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    coming from someone who used to post a lot...

I don't because I got sick and tired of being jabbed at and poked at and reported for inane stuff...that was alright one day then bam it wasn't without warning.

For example one day I reported a pos <3 ter for being under aged...and let them know that I had reported them...just as an FYI...and not in a mean way (or that wasn't my intent)

I got put in Jail for that...without any recourse...I and many others had in previous times posted to underaged individuals that we had reported their profile as people under 18 aren't suppose to be here...without incident then all of the sudden it's not okay.

So there...when you silence people boards become quiet...and you are going to find that it becomes more and more quiet as people are silenced more and more...

I post a bit now and then but not nearly as much...I usually read the stuff that is repeated over and over again and see the same information being requested and given...and with the fear of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person or people assuming tone...no point in posting back usually.

*shrugs* I fully expect to get in trouble for this post.

I miss your posts and hope all is well in your world. :flowerforyou:

Thank you...you made me smile and yes it's all good in my world. <3<3<3

• 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    After a few weeks of losing myself I'm back logging. I need the routine, discipline. Actually we have more time to prep and cook our food so I know many people eating healthier and taking advantage of getting outside to exercise every decent day they have.
    I was so use to going to my two studios; For two weeks I did well and then things with hubby's health went off track and combined with being overwhelmed with all the news I got lazy. The next 3 weeks I did walk a few days a week but only did my strength work 1x or 2x week. I slowly have climbed out of the lazy mode and treating myself to comfort junk as I'd say. Now I'm getting back on track and my psyche is pumped to best this 'stay at home' .
    **I'm not gonna let this virus derail all my work and keep me from the healthy lifestyle that works for me** So bring it on, I'm gonna beat it down!
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    I'm actually having an easier time... with covid, I dont wanna order take out, so I haven't had anything in weeks now. I've cooked only at home.

Of course I've spent way more on food then usual lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I have been doing more baking. Fresh homemade biscottis are so good.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I have been doing more baking. Fresh homemade biscottis are so good.

This is my problem too. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with a 4 ton bag of flour that I got at Costco today. I had two partially used 1kg bags, and both were expired (2018 and 2019). That's how often I use them. I started baking muffins and biscuits these last two weeks. Now I'm looking at bread starter, tortillas, and pancake mix. It's actually kind of nice to have some time to go back to basics around the house.
  • nutmegoreo
    I'm actually having an easier time... with covid, I dont wanna order take out, so I haven't had anything in weeks now. I've cooked only at home.

Of course I've spent way more on food then usual lol

I have ordered some take out, but much less frequently than I had been. The last order I put in with Boston Pizza, I noticed they are now delivering alcohol, which they never used to do. I had to pick up a bottle of wine, just because. :lol:
  • L1zardQueen
    I’m moving to Canada!
  • nutmegoreo
    I’m moving to Canada!

I got biscuits! And the snow is finally melting, so we'll be warm. Bring some lard and we can make pies. I have rhubarb that grows in my backyard too. It won't be ready for a while, but fresh strawberry rhubarb pie sounds good to me... How much weight do you want to gain?
  • L1zardQueen
    Strawberry/rhubarb is my favorite. I need another 15. Not really. My clothing is getting sorta tight.