So... how come mfp is so quiet now?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I have been doing more baking. Fresh homemade biscottis are so good.

This is my problem too. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with a 4 ton bag of flour that I got at Costco today. I had two partially used 1kg bags, and both were expired (2018 and 2019). That's how often I use them. I started baking muffins and biscuits these last two weeks. Now I'm looking at bread starter, tortillas, and pancake mix. It's actually kind of nice to have some time to go back to basics around the house.
    Tortillas are so yummy and easy! I made some last week. Butter is good. Lard is better.

It's probably a good thing I'm back in the office this week...
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    You guys are making me hungry lol

I thought we were friends.. lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    You guys are making me hungry lol

I thought we were friends.. lol

Uh oh. We might have different ideas of what friends are good for....

My name's Nutty.... I like pie!
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    😭

What kind of pie?
  • nutmegoreo
    pinuplove wrote: »

This is my problem too. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with a 4 ton bag of flour that I got at Costco today. I had two partially used 1kg bags, and both were expired (2018 and 2019). That's how often I use them. I started baking muffins and biscuits these last two weeks. Now I'm looking at bread starter, tortillas, and pancake mix. It's actually kind of nice to have some time to go back to basics around the house.
    Tortillas are so yummy and easy! I made some last week. Butter is good. Lard is better.

I'll have to make a trip out for the things I couldn't find today. I'll see about finding some lard. It can be kept in the freezer, right? What if I just bought a bunch of bacon and saved the bacon fat out of the pan? :bigsmile:
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    🥓

Sigh..
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I’m moving to Canada!

Come on up!!!
    We had snow flurries today but one day it will be nice. I've extra pastry in the fridge. I can make more butter tarts or some pot pies from leftover prime rib roast
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Do you put raisins in your butter tarts?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

I'll have to make a trip out for the things I couldn't find today. I'll see about finding some lard. It can be kept in the freezer, right? What if I just bought a bunch of bacon and saved the bacon fat out of the pan? :bigsmile:
    Why bother putting the bacon fat in tortillas? Just grab a straw!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I’m moving to Canada!

Come on up!!!
    We had snow flurries today but one day it will be nice. I've extra pastry in the fridge. I can make more butter tarts or some pot pies from leftover prime rib roast

I’ll bring sunshine😂
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member

Butter tarts with raisins on top of bacon is starting to hit real low. :anguished:
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Lol sorry pav, I would rather no raisins tho in my tarts... but they would probably be amazing with bacon lol
  • nutmegoreo
    😭

What kind of pie?

I was thinking strawberry rhubarb, but apple would be good too. I also like meat pies. I'm not particularly picky on my pies.

Lol sorry pav, I would rather no raisins tho in my tarts... but they would probably be amazing with bacon lol

I'll take your raisins.

I’m moving to Canada!

Come on up!!!

I had forgotten about the all important meat pies until this post. I shall need some lard. I could make some single serving meat pies for work! I would appreciate it if the snow would stop though.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Strawberry rhubarb is the best pie. I usually make it for Easter, but it wasn't worth the trouble with no guests.

Apple is the second best pie, and cherry the third.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Nope, peach pie.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Concord grape pie. But (1) no one ever makes it, and (2) neither do I, because it's fussy. So good, though!
  • AliNouveau

Usually. Unless someone doesn't like them then I leave them out
  • AliNouveau
    😭

What kind of pie?

I was thinking strawberry rhubarb, but apple would be good too. I also like meat pies. I'm not particularly picky on my pies.

I'll take your raisins.

I’m moving to Canada!

Come on up!!!

I had forgotten about the all important meat pies until this post. I shall need some lard. I could make some single serving meat pies for work! I would appreciate it if the snow would stop though.

I was in shorts working out in my outdoor workout space I created last week. Then today it's snowing. At least with isolating I can't get my snow tires changed yet so I guess it's a win?

I often making individual meat pies but don't have the tins. I'll have to see what I have