Something that Made You Feel Good Today

bmeadows380
bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
I figured as much as I whine here about my grumbles, I should also talk about the things that are good, too, when I get them. This is for things that might not have any relation to your weight efforts, may not be an NSV, may be something small, but something that boosted your mood even for a little bit today - in this world of negativity we live in (and heaven knows how often I get caught up in it and slide right into pessimism), we could all use a bright spot once in a while!

Replies

• bmeadows380
    So this might be TMI, actually probably is, but oh well, it made me feel good today! After the "pipes" finally went yesterday evening, I got up this morning to find a new low scale reading - 260.7, down from 263.2 yesterday!

And it was really really nice to be seeing robins all over the place yesterday, to have nice, balmy weather with the sun shining and seeing daffodils blooming and to come home last night at dusk and hear the spring peepers chirping down near the river and in the wetlands (those are frogs, btw). I love all 4 seasons and was a little dissapointed that we didn't have much of a winter, but those 3 - the robins, the daffodils, and the frogs - put me into the frame of mind to be looking forward to spring! Now to plan out my garden boxes.......
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Waking up for another day made me feel good!....my husband having my coffee ready and snuggling with our dog...taking my time getting dressed and putting on my make up...preparing a beautiful fresh salad for our lunch...it’s the little things that we appreciate and make us happy as we get older!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    My knee felt well enough, and I am finally over my cold, so I went to the store for the first time in weeks. It made me happy to be out and about again.
  • conniewilkins56
    I got up earlier than usual and put on some slacks that were not baggy....I took some extra time with my make up....when my granddaughter saw me, she asked me how much weight I had lost because she thought I looked kind of skinny!...well, I am far from “ skinny “ but it was great that someone who sees me every day could tell I had lost weight!...
  • bmeadows380
    I got up earlier than usual and put on some slacks that were not baggy....I took some extra time with my make up....when my granddaughter saw me, she asked me how much weight I had lost because she thought I looked kind of skinny!...well, I am far from “ skinny “ but it was great that someone who sees me every day could tell I had lost weight!...

that puts a smile on my face, too! Its nice to see all our efforts vindicated, right?
  • bmeadows380
    I remember mowing the lawn as a teen and wishing for a riding mower :)

Now if I use my riding mower, I feel a little guilty, but time constraints usually come into play. Congratulations on that! Now comes the fun of keep the mowers maintained lol
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    From ages 12 - 16 I ran a lawn mowing service so maintenance is something I know pretty well. Mowing all those yards is probably the main reason my weight didn't explode sooner. Conservatively I had to be walking at least 15 miles per day 6 days a week.
  • conniewilkins56
    When our son was a teen, one of his chores was to help with the yard work...we had a riding mower until I looked out the kitchen window and saw him sitting astride the mower and lifting it with his legs to turn it....he is 6’8” and I guess his legs were kind of long for the mower...another time my husband told him he had to have the grass mowed before he came home from work if he wanted to go off with his friends....I think he was about 16 and old enough to know better.....remember reading Tom Sawyer painting Aunt Pollys fence?....when we got home, the grass was cut at five different levels...and Matt was sitting on the porch drinking Gatorade without a trace of sweat...he had “ invited “ five of his friends to come over and bring their lawn mowers with them!...he told them they could get in our pool after they cut the grass...all of the blades were at different levels....and our pool was full of grass...SMH....he ended up recutting the grass, cleaning the pool and not going anywhere!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Walking outside. It was a beautiful day!
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    The dog and interm garden area is fenced off and we started building boxes. So excited for veggie and fruit goodness this year.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    I finally nailed down how to make rice today! Usually it comes out a gummy paste or uncooked. Not today!
  • conniewilkins56
    papayahed wrote: »
    I finally nailed down how to make rice today! Usually it comes out a gummy paste or uncooked. Not today!

Rice can be tricky...I usually shut the stove off after it is almost finished,leave the lid on the pan and let it steam the last few minutes...I like to cook brown rice in chicken broth....
  • papayahed
    ohh, that's how I cook my rice, with chicken broth. it adds a little something
  • bmeadows380
    It felt really good today to look over my yard after mowing and weed wacking and to see how good it looked. Not to mention earning enough calories for blackberry dumplings for dessert :)
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Sitting on my back porch in the sunshine. Taking a walk.
  • bmeadows380
    figure I should let the sunshine peak through that dark rain cloud that follows me around once in a while. yesterday was a total rest day. It was raining so I couldn't go on an outside walk, and by the time dinner was done and my dishes were done, it was the time I had set for myself to head down to the church and practice for a couple of hours. I didn't even get on the elliptical. I was dragging by Saturday evening and had been starting to feel pretty tired all week, so I knew I really a day off. Stuck to my calorie deficit despite my brain's whining (it likes those extra exercise calories). Got into bed at a halfway decent hour - had at least 7 hours of sleep.

It took me a bit to get going this morning, but I noticed as I was doing the cardio video today that I was feeling pretty good. AND I realized that some of the things like the squat and pulses, for example, were starting to get somewhat easier; I was feeling stronger in them. So 3 weeks of aerobics is starting to have some benefit!

And supposedly, the sun should be peaking out this afternoon, so I just may get my walk in this evening! Not sure of my route; the one I'd like to try again is the one I took a month ago and which nearly did me in; I'd like to see how I do now that I've been walking regularly for a month. However, it goes through some pretty low areas and is partly graveled, so with all the rain this weekend, I'm thinking that may not be a good idea. I need to stick to higher ground, methinks.
  • bmeadows380
    here's another feel good thing (besides the fact that hte sun did come out this evening and was gladly welcomed by me!)

I succeeded in making hollandaise sauce this evening without it curdling! And I had pared the recipe down to a 2 serving size using 1 egg yolk and 1 Tbsp butter. I was so proud of myself lol Tasted really good on my steamed asparagus, and I'm going to use the rest tomorrow on my eggs for breakfast and the rest of the prosciutto I have in the fridge over toast.
  • papayahed
    Yay! while looking for my tennis racket in the attic I found a box of clothes I had previously overlooked. A few tops were to big or out of style but the rest fit reasonably well. I went from "nothing to wear in public that isn't baggy and sloppy" to "eh, it fits good enough so I don't look lik a hobo".

It's the little things right?
  • bmeadows380
    @papayahed Absolutely!

(for me, I don't care if they're in style or not - hang on to them; they'll eventually cycle back around :lol: )