The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Awful quiet everywhere. Curfew, no traffic, no people on the streets, no noise, etc.

Like that here too..
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Do you have a formal curfew? We don't, although I assume no-one is out late.

We're allowed to leave the house for exercise once per day, or going to the shops. I have never been so grateful for my garden - I've been averaging 12,000 steps on days where I don't leave the house. It's a lot fewer than normal, but the best I can do in the circumstances.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Yikes curfews are scary.

We're still just supposed to stay home and try to go out once a week for groceries etc. We are allowed to go for walks just make sure you cross the street when we encounter others. The streets are so quiet though. It's very relaxing the hustle and bustle has stopped
  • drmwc
    edited April 2020
    As requested, the skirting board bedroom traverse. I've downgraded it to a v2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALpL8QS8Zo
  • rhopar33
    rhopar33 Posts: 29 Member
    Hello, ad please feel free to add me! I’m 51 and for the last 10 weeks I decided to do something about my weight! My goal is to lose 60 lbs. In 10 weeks I’m down 31.3 lbs and counting...
  • AliNouveau
    drmwc wrote: »

Well that looks like fun.
    57912019 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, is this group still active ? I can’t see anything since 2016
  • AliNouveau
    57912019 wrote: »
    Hi all, is this group still active ? I can’t see anything since 2016

I posted like 6 minutes before you did.
    If it's on the first page of the forum it's active
  • RippedFatty
    RippedFatty Posts: 2 Member
    In the late teens and 20s It was Myspace, Bars, and pof/dating apps.
    Early to mid 30's it was Facebook, YouTube, and a little Instagram.
    Now in our upper plus 30s, here we are.
    ;)
  • AliNouveau
    edited April 2020
    Boooo it's a bit windy and chilly out today and my out door workout space is covered with whatever our maple tree sheds evey spring. But I'm still going to brave the elements.

Hope everyone is still staying sane in this crazy new world in which we live. Since we're teeing to have no contact with people at all due to some health issues I just ordered beer this morning! Hoping it's delivered sometime today since I ordered from a friend's brewery 😂
  • emjaybeb
    emjaybeb Posts: 58 Member
    Heyyy,my 39th will be celebrated in lockdown. Not that I'm celebrating my now late 30s 🤦🏼‍♀️😆
  • AliNouveau
    emjaybeb wrote: »
    Heyyy,my 39th will be celebrated in lockdown. Not that I'm celebrating my now late 30s 🤦🏼‍♀️😆

I decided yesterday lockdown birthdays don't count. Well you can celebrate cause heck we all need cake now but it won't count towards your total age. So you have another year until you're 39
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    Hope everyone had a blessed Easter weekend. Back to the grind today.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member

Same, although I'm beyond 39... mine's on Thurs.

Happy B'day... it can still be a good day!

giphy.gif
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Is this thread also a group in "Groups"?

Hi BTW, I'm 48 and working on being the best Fit n 50 I can be. Glad to share and encourage with any others.
  • AliNouveau
    KHMcG wrote: »

Hi BTW, I'm 48 and working on being the best Fit n 50 I can be. Glad to share and encourage with any others.

I don't think so. I think it's just a thread where people post of
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    KHMcG wrote: »

I don't think so. I think it's just a thread where people post of

Yes. The open threads get more posts than the ones in Groups.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

That's not very old. I was there 15 years ago.
  • drmwc

I can't get the rubber off the walls, so I need to redecorate. There was a bunch of other stuff I need to do I've put off for years, so it's not a disaster. (I am a bit incompetent at DIY, so I'll get in professional once lockdown ends)
  • AliNouveau

I can't get the rubber off the walls, so I need to redecorate. There was a bunch of other stuff I need to do I've put off for years, so it's not a disaster. (I am a bit incompetent at DIY, so I'll get in professional once lockdown ends)

I was going to say I'm sure you have plenty of time to do it.

I'm terrible at stuff like that but I don't anyway. I enjoy paining but I get more on myself than the walls. I am often at the hardware store saying I want to do such and such give me what I will need. Or YouTube is good. That's where I learned to fix me washer with a car jack!