3 - 3 glasses of wine on 2 different 'virtual pub' video calls
    4 - AF
    5 - 1 glass wine
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - AF
    9 - AF
    10 - beer and wine. Virtual pub.
    11 - beer in the sun in the garden after my bike ride.
    12 - AF
    13 - wine and beer at Street lockdown festival
    14 - AF

9/14 AF
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    10 AF days/14 days done....when we're immune to Covid, I would gladly stop in Whitefish @doxmum, and visit you and @dawnbgethealthy if possible....a celebration will be in order for sure! You guys bring the bear spray, OK?

On a separate note, you know I am watching too much news when Donald Trump shows up in my dreams. Need a break....
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    10 AF days/14 days done....when we're immune to Covid, I would gladly stop in Whitefish @doxmum, and visit you and @dawnbgethealthy if possible....a celebration will be in order for sure! You guys bring the bear spray, OK?

Wouldn't that be fun!!
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Hi everyone, I love this thread. It's so non-judgmental. I love that I can come here and admit that I drank almost two bottles of sparkling wine and I get commiseration and support. You guys are the best.

@whitpauly I'm in the same place wondering about the credit cards. I saw I can request a deferment, but I know interest will still continue to build. It's hard to find the energy to think about my finances right now, there is so much uncertainty.
    @Doxmum it feels good to know you had a similar 1.5 liter day, and thanks for acknowledging that we are still working hard at this.

I'm feeling better now that I've had two AF days in a row. I have binged on sugar both nights though. Tonight my goal is not to binge on sugar, and still remain AF.

Apr 1: AF
    Apr 2: AF
    Apr 3: 3 drinks
    Apr 4: AF
    Apr 5: 3 drinks
    Apr 6: AF
    Apr 7: AF
    Apr 8: 2 drinks
    Apr 9: AF
    Apr 10: 2 drinks
    Apr 11: 1 drink
    Apr 12: drank 1.5 bottles of sparkling wine over the course of the day
    Apr 13: AF
    Apr 14: AF

So far in April: 8/14 days AF
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    @whitpauly I am semiretired but self employed and was told I could file for unemployment because of the Covid crisis under the new CARES act that was signed. I do not know from state to state but in NJ I have been trying to file and unfortunately the volume is so high I cant get thru to the site. I know under the SBA there are some loans available for sole proprietor business owner and there is also the $1200 relief check that are starting to be released this week to almost all taxpayers who are in your income bracket.
    The SBA loans should be forgiven after the crisis.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    11 days AF/15 days.... @whitpauly, possible to call the credit card company and request a freeze on escalating interest/waive late fees, maybe for a 3 month period? If they say no, maybe ask to speak to someone senior? If they say no, can you move your balance to a credit card company that offers more favorable terms? It would be favorable for the creditor to bend the rules and keep you as a client IMO.

Here is a recent link from bankrate.com, a trusted source, listing out companies waiving fees etc, if helpful:

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/issuer-assistance-programs-amid-coronavirus-fears/

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    6:16 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful day 🌺
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm feeling it too- April feels hard to me. Not sure why it has been the hardest month for me so far in this commitment to drink less. @MissMay I'm glad too I'm on the LESS alcohol thread! That's the whole idea. While I think total sobriety wouldn't be a bad thing for me, I'm not really at that all-or-nothing type place.

Another day in the books for me, happy about that. Happy to put some space in between now and my binge drinking episode this past Sunday.

Apr 1: AF
    Apr 2: AF
    Apr 3: 3 drinks
    Apr 4: AF
    Apr 5: 3 drinks
    Apr 6: AF
    Apr 7: AF
    Apr 8: 2 drinks
    Apr 9: AF
    Apr 10: 2 drinks
    Apr 11: 1 drink
    Apr 12: drank 1.5 bottles of sparkling wine over the course of the day