What are your biggest food/beverage product disappointments?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Primal vegan jerky.

Yeah, the vegan jerky concept is pretty questionable to start with. But there are other brands that are at least edible. Primal? Just no, no, no. Bleauh!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    YES to the Panera. They have a few decent soups, but they're just so expensive for what you get. And I haven't had a sandwich there that is worth the price. I honestly like Subway better lol (I know, I know).

The only thing I like at Panera are those breakfast souffles. Although, I have made my own copycat version at home and it's better, if I do say so myself. ;)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Primal vegan jerky.

Yeah, the vegan jerky concept is pretty questionable to start with. But there are other brands that are at least edible. Primal? Just no, no, no. Bleauh!

Bumping this... mushroom jerky and some vegan jerkys are okay like you say... but primal is a no go!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2020
    Primal vegan jerky.

Bumping this... mushroom jerky and some vegan jerkys are okay like you say... but primal is a no go!

I had such high hopes for this.... I mean "crispy vegan jerky"..."bacon"... was very sad it was nothing more than some chewy dried carrots with seasoning. Nothing even remotely reminiscent of bacon, bacon flavor or jerky lol. 9434dc8egm5g.png
  • pancakerunner
    gz1gjy9tl240.png
    bxl1ac8k57yv.png
    These LOOKED and sounded SO delicious but smelled and tasted like cow manure. They were so disgusting. I rarely have a bar that I throw out after one bite. These left me feeling sick to my stomach for days just thinking about them.

Anything made with "hemp" I find disgusting.

On the "bar" note... here are a couple others that I've found disappointing:

hbsh5oh2vl79.png
    8tpn5s776qh7.png
    ifim4oacvvmf.png
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    alexmose wrote: »
    Pb2 tastes like sadness

Strong disagree from me on this one.

Me, too.

Personally, I don't like PB2 (texture-wise, mostly) as a spread rehydrated with water, but I do like the plain flavor as a way to enrich the flavor of sauces. Good mixed with fermented gochujang chile paste and rice vinegar, over stir fries or Asian styles of noodles, for example. Adding some fresh ginger or (if I have the calories) sesame oil is a fine thing. And the PB2 chocolate flavor is good mixed with plain Greek yogurt and frozen berries.

I absolutely love it in oatmeal. I don't love real peanut butter as much in oatmeal.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Pb2 also blends well when making protein shakes. It gives it that something extra without the added calories of jarred peanut butter. On a sandwich however I will use the jar
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Most light beers. Flavorless fizzy water.

Sam Adams is the one light beer I have tried that is worth my dollars. Although I usually just drink a high calorie beer and deal with the extra calories.
  • pancakerunner
    edited April 2020
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Most light beers. Flavorless fizzy water.

Sam Adams is the one light beer I have tried that is worth my dollars. Although I usually just drink a high calorie beer and deal with the extra calories.

When it comes to beer for me is Guiness or nothing.
    However, if I am going to drive, Heineken 00 i actually very very good. I will put it on top of all the zero alkohol and low calorie options for sure.

With you on this. It's stout or get out :) couple local breweries have some good brews too
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    People were raving about these....”OMG, there’s only 4 ingredients and you can pronounce them all, and they are soooo good and good for you!!”
    They are a disgusting, gummy calorie bomb.
    I rarely spit out food, but this was too gross.
    csyix2wak4js.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    People were raving about these....”OMG, there’s only 4 ingredients and you can pronounce them all, and they are soooo good and good for you!!”
    csyix2wak4js.jpeg

Oooo not the cinnamon spice but I really like the chocolate peanut butter. But I stick to the kids version which is like 130 calories.
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    In general, frozen pizza. Very hard to find one that hits it out of the park. Although I scored a winner recently with California Pizza Kitchen barbecue chicken thin crust, that was amazing.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    csyix2wak4js.jpeg

Oooo not the cinnamon spice but I really like the chocolate peanut butter. But I stick to the kids version which is like 130 calories.

I think the one I tried actually was blueberry. It wasn't the flavor that bothered me...the texture...it was like some weird taffy.
  • pancakerunner
    glassyo wrote: »
    csyix2wak4js.jpeg

not my first choice bar by any means. The chocolate coffee is GARBAGE. But I do actually like the chocolate mint. Really hit or miss, and ingredients aren't THAT healthy to justify them
  • pancakerunner
    pfprimo wrote: »
    In general, frozen pizza. Very hard to find one that hits it out of the park. Although I scored a winner recently with California Pizza Kitchen barbecue chicken thin crust, that was amazing.

that was my favortie frozen pizza growing up.