No sugar no carbs ready to start living!! 100lbs to lose

I’m Married to a wonderful guy for 3 yrs and have a 7yr old beautiful daughter. I’m Self employed. I am a sugar addict and emotional overeater when I get started I can’t stop. Looking for friends who suffer from the same issues. So we can support and encourage each other and lose this weight together!!!!!

Replies

• dawnlmidge89
    dawnlmidge89 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello i can relate to what your going through. I also suffer from emptional eating. I am looking for friends to also help along through this journey. Hope we can be friends. My name is Dawn glad to meet you. I look forward to helping you along your journey as well.
  • DinDin2017
    DinDin2017 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2020
    Yes already started lost 10 lbs so far.
  • dawnlmidge89
    dawnlmidge89 Posts: 12 Member
    Good job i also follow an eating plan and have lost 16 pounds so far.
  • DinDin2017
    DinDin2017 Posts: 5 Member
    What kind of eating plan to you follow? I do three meals a day nothing in between and I weight and measure my food. Protein, veggies and fruit once a day.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I just wanted to add. Lots of good luck on your journey. I know how hard it can be to step away from sugar, and the emotional eating. Both are things that I struggle with everyday, and I'm always wanting to learn.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    DinDin2017 wrote: »
    Yes already started lost 10 lbs so far.

2 pounds a week is safe, healthy weight loss for your current statistics.

If you've been dieting for far fewer than 5 weeks (and low carbing) most of the weight you've lost is water weight. Water weight loss will be temporary. If you just started things will slow down.

Lowering carbs helps some people eat fewer calories consistently, this is the key to fat loss. It can be a good strategy if you plan on keeping low carb as part of your maintenance plan. Weight loss is just the first step. Keep up the good work.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    To follow along with Harper's train of thought here..

While I support those who maybe remove a few foods that they really cant keep out of their mouth if it's in the house, for me that's bologna and hot dogs...

The simple act of avoiding sugar and carbs is not going to fix the underlying problem here which is your emotional desire to compensate with food.

While having other humans to connect with and support each other who have the same issues..

Heroine addicts getting clean dont just associate with other clean addicts without some form of therapy or outside structure to help them form different coping skills and emotional reactions.

And while heroine addicts can In the long run, live the rest of their lives away from that drug, the likelihood that you will never been in a situation for the rest of your life that involves cake or some form sugar is extremely unlikely.

Losing weight is not going to remove those emotional tendencies. Its not going to give you the strength 100% of the time to never eat those foods.

If someone gave you 20 pound weights and asked you to hold your arms straight out and hold them there for an hour, sure, you could probably do it for a while... but your arms are eventually going to get tired.

But imagine if you worked out your arms hardcore and built up your stamina and muscles? Hey.. you may not make it the whole hour still but your probably more likely to last a lot longer then if you didnt.

Working on the emotional issue will lessen it from happening as often as it would.

Having the emotional coping skills to only have it happen 2 times a year maybe where you emotionally over eat compared to maybe once a month, opens doors.

The door that opens is that you no longer have to do avoidance behavior. You will have the capacity to eat a balanced diet that includes nutritional carbs like breads, rice and potatoes, etc and also be able to enjoy an slice of cake at a friends birthday.

Restriction just perpetuates the urge to binge and without getting help, in 2 or 3 months time, you may find yourself sitting on the couch eating more sugar and carbs then you ever have before...

It doesnt need to be that way.

There are people, self help books and online resources that can help, far beyond the scope of a struggling mfp user who also has no working coping skills other then avoiding.

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    No carbs? So, no fruits or vegetables of any kind, then? How are you getting all your micronutrients?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I'm assuming you mean LOW carbs, not NO carbs? and as others have said, unless you plan on making that a permanent diet for life, the long term success rate is pretty dismal and miserable!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I used to be an emotional eater. When things got hard those biscuits, cakes and chocolate came out. It is a habit I managed to break. However, I found that if I told myself I couldn't eat something I craved it even more. Because of this, I worked out how to fit those treats into my allotted calories. I'd just make sure everything was pre logged before I ate it to determine whether the calories in the food were worth the satisfaction I got from consuming it. It is amazing how many times I changed my mind because I decided it wasn't and then stopped even craving it.

I know others find abstinence from such foods works better at dealing with cravings as they simply can not stop at one, or a small handful but many find totally going without unsustainable long term. Good luck working out what works best for you.
  • carpi36
    carpi36 Posts: 1 Member
    DinDin2017 wrote: »
    What kind of eating plan to you follow? I do three meals a day nothing in between and I weight and measure my food. Protein, veggies and fruit once a day.

That sounds like a program I used to do, and find it so very hard to get back to...had been out of control with the food, now sugar and carb free 7 days...yay!! I just need to pull in the ropes and get my food on the scale!